I am disappointed with Blackpink's comeback.

• There's not one single thing that works for me this era, some of the reasons for that being:

The singles aren't the hard hitters they were during their previous releases

One of the songs on the album is a recycled version of something that leaked years ago

Their promotions from the get go have been a mess (in the sense that we didn't even get real promo that would've kept their ULs high, and half the time there was something wrong with the promo we did get or it just went missing). They couldn't even put in the hashtags properly or remove age restriction from fucking TikToks

We only got 8 songs. By the time the album got released, we only had 5 new songs to look forward to, one of which wasn't even a Blackpink release.

And, on top of all that, YG blew up the prices of damn near everything so much you would have to sell a kidney to afford a ticket to their tour.

Blackpink made a hiatus long enough for the 4th gen to start and get really popular, we have been waiting since debut for Jisoo, Jennie hasn't released anything in 4 years and they have just refused to promote or give us any feedback on Lisa's solo project, but none of it matters because Blinks are saying we should be happy we got anything new 😒

I'm tired.

• At last a blink that can tell it how it is instead of glossing over.

Where?? We've all been talking about the same things addressed in OP all over the forum for weeks now? What are u talking about?

No one is satisfied with the lack of promo, number of songs and an old song included.

Now to anyone who doesnt like the songs, to each their own, they have the right to do so. That's different.

• Where?? We've all been talking about the same things addressed in OP all over the forum for weeks now? What are u talking about?

No one is satisfied with the lack of promo, number of songs and an old song included.

Now to anyone who doesnt like the songs, to each their own, they have the right to do so. That's different.

I am referring to a fan's honesty that is able to look at K pop objectively instead of subjectively. Not every comeback is going to be a sure fire success and not every song is going to be Grammy material. It takes a mature and wise fan to realize that.

• I am referring to a fan's honesty that is able to look at K pop objectively instead of subjectively. Not every comeback is going to be a sure fire success and not every song is going to be Grammy material. It takes a mature and wise fan to realize that.

You aren't mature so stop using this world you are an adult obsessing over BP/blinks. Do better, weirdo. Even in a wrong section JPOP you found a BP thread. Ffs.

• I am referring to a fan's honesty that is able to look at K pop objectively instead of subjectively. Not every comeback is going to be a sure fire success and not every song is going to be Grammy material. It takes a mature and wise fan to realize that.

??? BP is doing well and i think their songs are amazing, i dont know what you are talking about and what it has to do with maturity 💀

• I understand op!

The way I'm tired of YGE, they literally didn't even try with this cb and even though the album wasn't it for you, i think with good promo we could've appreciated it waaaaay more. Seeing the girls performing, just being happy and interacting with us would be way pleasant!

YGE did us dirty by giving us 7 new songs. I refuse to accept RFL as a bside actually...

Overall this era is actually exhausting, YGE did everything wrong since day1 so sometimes i just hope they start touring so we can at least enjoy them performing. :pepe-high-five:

• I loved the album, the concept, the MV, the style, etc. The only thing that really disappointed me was the lack of actual activites the girls are doing and lack of promo in Korea. Like no music shows for Shut Down, no variety shows, YG won't even give them another BP House. Like give the girls something to do in Korea.

Moved the thread from forum J-POP to forum K-Lounge.
  • well you gave it a listen and the songs weren't for you

maybe listen to their previous stuff or none at all

different born pinks for different blinks

• The singles aren't the hard hitters they were during their previous releases

This is more of personal taste imo. The singles are absolutely doing their job overall. One thing YG did right.

But i understand the other things u mentioned. Many of us have talked about our disappointment regarding these.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!