YG actually successfully destroyed BP....

• Here's a shocking news.

Born pink is predicted to debut at #2 with just 80K-85K units sold on BB 200

Only 50K-55K from pure sales...

Literally only 45K-50K physical albums sold.....

YG & teddy successfully destroyed BP

Their greatest accomplishment

This is what their nonchalance & fucking greed got them

This the results of their negligence

This is ultimately what YG deserves but not what BP or blinks deserve

It also literally doesn't add up?!

How are they selling only 50K ?!

• Go to Best Answer
  • While your desperation comes from your own dumb greedy bc you wanted BP doing insane numbers just for bragging rights etc, i do agree that a 2 years hiatus didn't help BP at all.

But seeing how in 2017 YGE just gave 1 song for BP makes me think even more that they just don't care. Looking at the amount of songs BP has right now, yes, they (YGE) don't care.

• I mean debuting at #2 is still amazing thing to achieve

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• While your desperation comes from your own dumb greedy bc you wanted BP doing insane numbers just for bragging rights etc, i do agree that a 2 years hiatus didn't help BP at all.

But seeing how in 2017 YGE just gave 1 song for BP makes me think even more that they just don't care. Looking at the amount of songs BP has right now, yes, they (YGE) don't care.

I don't think the hiatus its the reason, their streaming numbers all increase in the us,the biggest streaming numbers come from america

this is yg stupid ass shipping delay

its obv by the numbers in hanteo

• It's not even about the position

It's that they are predicted to sell only 45K-50K CDs ?

legendary mandatory military service long hiatus killed momentum

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The 2 year hiatus may have mortally wounded the fandom that buys these albums. People still listen to the songs it's clear as day given the Spotify and YT numbers, but that hardcore fandom energy could be lost forever.

But the true reason is even deeper than this.

Father Time.

Every dog has its day, every king has their reign, but at some point, they are fighting something you can never win against.

Father Time.

Even if they had promoted like crazy after The Album, even if they got comeback after comeback, all this would have done is push back the beginning of the end by a year or two at most.

And ultimately, we still don't know if it was Teddy or YGE that destroyed them or if it was the girls decision to pursue other things like acting, modeling, solos, etc. We'll know everything when we hear about contract extension talks. I think the girls will all renew but with the understanding that they will move on and prioritize individual projects.

We are entering the peak of the 4th Age of Kpop. Blackpink is 3rd gen's last champion, fighting valiantly to defend Rome from the savage hordes of the Fourth Age. But eventually, they too will hang up their helmet and lay down their arms. Nothing lasts forever.

• I don't think the hiatus its the reason, their streaming numbers all increase in the us,the biggest streaming numbers come from america

this is yg stupid ass shipping delay

No, i think the hiatus + just 8 new songs + one of them being RFL and some others things didn't help BP. I saw some blinks truly annoyed with YGE way of managing BP music career even after their successful 2020 year..

• YGE really screwed them up. I'd say it's embarrassing for the company, but if anything, I'm sure YG is proud of it in some weird, twisted way. On the positive side though, they're still incredibly popular despite his efforts to screw them up. That just speaks volumes to how big and loyal the fandom is.

Who cares if they're not number one anymore? I'm sure the girls won't lose sleep over it. They're still popular, and that's enough for me. And, even if they aren't popular, I'd still be fine with that. I'll continue to love them the same, no matter their success, whether they have more than one million fans or only one hundred.

Sure, it's great to see them get number one. They deserve it. But other groups and artists deserve it too, and I for one, am more than happy to share the spotlight. BLACKPINK are always so humble, and I want to take after their example and be the type of Blink they would be proud of.

• Did u see this hardcore 🤔

External Content twitter.com

• still cant believe we only got 8 songs after 2 years, what a joke.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Which also doesn't make sense cause PV is doing even better than all of BP singles in the US on streaming

sd too, but digitals and streamins its not smth the company can fuck up, they just they let the sng there

but if a company that is know for fucking a shipping do it again what are we supposed to do

I knw it bc their hanteo sales were weird, bp sell less in weekend but not that low

• It's coming for 1M on ktown & 2.5M overall yet it's only selling 45K first week in the US?!

TA only sold 1.2M in 2020 yet it did almost 100K first week in the US

• No, i think the hiatus + just 8 new songs + one of them being RFL and some others things didn't help BP. I saw some blinks truly annoyed with YGE way of managing BP music career even after their successful 2020 year..

then their numbers could be less in other areas too, like their digitals could have no increase, or yt for videos could not be the same

its half of what they sold in 2020 while ts more or the same? like come on

• Which also doesn't make sense cause PV is doing even better than all of BP singles in the US on streaming

yeah but streaming songs is usually free isn't it?

you can use one of apps and just listen to a song which is there

same as watching MV

• YGE really screwed them up. I'd say it's embarrassing for the company, but if anything, I'm sure YG is proud of it in some weird, twisted way. On the positive side though, they're still incredibly popular despite his efforts to screw them up. That just speaks volumes to how big and loyal the fandom is.

Who cares if they're not number one anymore? I'm sure the girls won't lose sleep over it. They're still popular, and that's enough for me. And, even if they aren't popular, I'd still be fine with that. I'll continue to love them the same, no matter their success, whether they have more than one million fans or only one hundred.

Sure, it's great to see them get number one. They deserve it. But other groups and artists deserve it too, and I for one, am more than happy to share the spotlight. BLACKPINK are always so humble, and I want to take after their example and be the type of Blink they would be proud of.

I'll be honest with u I don't care about #1 position

What I care about is how the album is selling half of what the first one did 2 years ago?

TA sold over 100K physicals first week

Born pink is looking at 45K-50K right now....

• then their numbers could be less in other areas too, like their digitals could have no increase, or yt for videos could not be the same

its half of what they sold in 2020 while ts more or the same? like come on

Streaming an album is something every fan does, but buying? Just a part and this part didn't like how we got 7 new songs and i understand them.

• yeah but streaming songs is usually free isn't it?

you can use one of apps and just listen to a song which is there

same as watching MV

then why they have almost 1m sales in one single site

if fans didn't want to buy it should have show since there (like it happen with 127) but its no the case, jisoo and rosé digipack wouldn't have 100k sales, they wouldn't have even reach 2m preorders in 2 weeks

its out of the fans hands if the company is stupid

• That first sentence shocked me. Are you feeling alright Hardy?

I didn't even notice it sold half as much. for some reason. Yeah, that's more of a drop than what I was expecting. YGE sucks.

• This thread contains 720 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!