re:WHY IS YG SO LAX WHEN IT COMES TO BOY GROUP MEMBERS SELECTION?

• OP

Because he knows that people have lower expectations for boy group members compared to girl groups :pepestare:

the standards are very low and it shows, especially when it comes to visuals.. tbh

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• but Treasure is really talented, how it's lower standard?

you think all 12 are on the same level? :pepe-just-smile:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• have u watched yg treasure box?

do i look like a stan to watch 10 hours worth of content? :pepe-life-support: just a few performances is enough... and come on now theres 12 members, you can not tell me that all 12 are "insanely talented"...

im not here to drag treasure... this thread is a response about anons thread on YG boygroups (selection) which are a lot more then treasure :pepefeelsweirdestman: and my main point was about YG knowing about differences in standards set for boy groups and girl groups in general... standards for visuals and talent.. :eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• do i look like a stan to watch 10 hours worth of content? :pepe-life-support: just a few performances is enough... and come on now theres 12 members, you can not tell me that all 12 are "insanely talented"...

im not here to drag treasure... this thread is a response about anons thread on YG boygroups (selection) which are a lot more then treasure :pepefeelsweirdestman: and my main point was about YG knowing about differences in standards set for boy groups and girl groups in general... standards for visuals and talent.. :eyes:

why all 12 of them can't be talented lol? All of them can be at least lead vocal in any other group, rappers are good as we know yg standard, and almost all 12 of them can write and produce idk if there exist any other group where all member can do that, and Asahi, Haruto, Yoshi, Junkyu etc visual members

and yo even the two eliminated members from the show are now main rapper and main vocalist in CIX

And I don't agree. For talent, there's not really stark difference. Blackpink are overall best dancers in yg, while their boygroups all write and produce and have their self produced and written songs under their belt. Vocals and rap, i will give edge to their boygroups.

And visual wise remember that 2ne1 wasn't visual group aside from Dara. YG learned their lesson that for ggs visuals are most important so they debuted visual group. Most companies debut visual ggs cause gg stans are the ones who are most obsessed with visuals, and most of them even dgaf about talent.

• And visual wise remember that 2ne1 wasn't visual group aside from Dara. YG learned their lesson that for ggs visuals are most important so they debuted visual group. Most companies debut visual ggs cause gg stans are the ones who are most obsessed with visuals, and most of them even dgaf about talent.

ik thats my point :pepe-puddle: he learned how important visuals are when it comes to debuting girl groups.. people have higher standards for girl group visuals then boy groups..

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Actually was YG ever known for visuals before Blackpink arrived?

Bigbang had TOP and 2NE1 had Dara but the rest were all average to below average when it comes to idol visual standards. Besides them, was there anyone in first or second gen in YG that was considered a visual? Psy, Epik, Jinusean, 1TYM?

Honestly this might shock people but someone like Teddy might be in the top 3 when it comes to BG visuals in all of YG history.

• Honestly this might shock people but someone like Teddy might be in the top 3 when it comes to BG visuals in all of YG history.

you just dragged every YG boygroup with that :pepe-life-support:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• lol i just remember that no one ever talks about any Ikon member as a "visual", it's usually about their national hit or their talent or their scandal. And i have no clue about Winner, if they have anyone that is widely considered a visual or not.

i just found out about winner when they released i love you. visually not really. But i did check out all their hits. Very unique and talented

• Actually was YG ever known for visuals before Blackpink arrived?

Bigbang had TOP and 2NE1 had Dara but the rest were all average to below average when it comes to idol visual standards. Besides them, was there anyone in first or second gen in YG that was considered a visual? Psy, Epik, Jinusean, 1TYM?

Honestly this might shock people but someone like Teddy might be in the top 3 when it comes to BG visuals in all of YG history.

What about Swi.T, Yg's first girl group?

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• ik thats my point :pepe-puddle: he learned how important visuals are when it comes to debuting girl groups.. people have higher standards for girl group visuals then boy groups..

blame gg stans for obsessing with visuals, gg stans are basically visual and success stans lol

but yo for ggs if u have visuals and good producers or music u're good to go, and u can just get ps :dancer:

• Actually, BP is the only visual-focused group in YG. YG has never been known for visuals. Remember how he famously used to call 2NE1 ugly

its actually fucked up how he marketed them that way :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!