how do you prepare yourself to sleep/get up in the morning

• i have to wake up early in the morning to get to work at 6am but these days ive been waking up so late and getting to work later and later. nobody says anything but im also afraid imma slip into some real bad habits of getting to work SUPER late lmao.

i try going to bed at like 8pm but that doesnt work. i either cant fall asleep or even if i do fall asleep early I CANT GET OUT OF BED. WAKE UP!!! WHATS WRONG W/ U!?!?!?! one time instead of my alarm WAKING ME UP, the sound of it just started playing as background music in my dream and another time i managed to shut off all of my alarms IN MY SLEEP. i am past beyond help.

dont give me advice just tell me how U wake up/go to sleep for when u have to wake up for early mornings or just in general. :oops::mad::woow::oops::oops::oops::woow::mad::oops::(:oops::oops::oops::oops:

• I have a hard time waking up in the dark

are you one of those people?

if so get yourself one of those lamp alarms that gradually get brighter around your wake up time

also try to shower before bed, it helps

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, when I did have a good sleep schedule, I

1. Had a well-established self care routine before bed. Facial, tea, podcast, etc.,

2. Stayed away from screens one hour before I went to bed.

3. Did something calming before bed, like reading.

4. Took melatonin sometimes in the afternoon.

5. Exercised a lot.

For waking up

1. Set a motivating song as my alarm.

2. Washed my face with cold water.

3. Stayed away from caffeine.

4. Did something I enjoyed doing right after I woke up.

Hope this helps : )

• i have no idea

i wake up really early in the morning these days to go out and exercise but I've also had phases of months where I stayed up till dawn and woke up at lunch time

my body just knows exactly when its been 6-7 hours and wakes itself up ( sometimes it has a negative effect

so i time my sleep accordingly the previous night

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• i actually have the opposite problem, i wake up in shock if its total darkness bc im a scaredy cat LOL. i typically sleep w/ my laptop playing something for inner peace of mind but maybe i shud get one of those lamps but in reverse where it gradually gets darker. that sounds scary tho omg ;(

• boomer :smirks2:

Right? I've been setting myself well up for this for my entire life, LOL. My parents were never able to set a bedtime for me either. They gave up pretty soon. I've never had any problem waking up for whatever though, so they decided bedtime wasn't worth the battle as long as I stayed quiet in my room and didn't wake up my siblings.

• i actually have the opposite problem, i wake up in shock if its total darkness bc im a scaredy cat LOL. i typically sleep w/ my laptop playing something for inner peace of mind but maybe i shud get one of those lamps but in reverse where it gradually gets darker. that sounds scary tho omg ;(

that might be a problem

can u listen to a podcast or meditation?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i tend to put on this one twitch stream that plays old computer show stuff from the 90s and before, and its very chill & calm to fall asleep too. but ig its too chill for waking up to ;(

but listening to noise all night is not good for you

my meditation app has a timer and it stops after 15-20 min

• but listening to noise all night is not good for you

my meditation app has a timer and it stops after 15-20 min

true true, i have the sound really low but i know it's still messes w/ the brain.

i've been used to it since i was a kid but ig its about time i try to get used to sleeping in silence ;( im such a baby lmao.
    gonna look into a timer-type thing to fall asleep to thank u ;(<3

• true true, i have the sound really low but i know it's still messes w/ the brain.

i've been used to it since i was a kid but ig its about time i try to get used to sleeping in silence ;( im such a baby lmao.
    gonna look into a timer-type thing to fall asleep to thank u ;(<3

wish you all the best

• I think I would never sleep at 8pm ever that's way too early. the earliest I can go to sleep is at 1am :(

the only habit I have is listening to soft musicc before sleeping and fall as sleep while listening to it

I try to not to use my phone after turning off my laptop or it would be impossible to sleep.

for waking up I have no idea I always set the alarm but I end up waking up 5 10 mins before always it feels like my system has an intern alarm when I set the alarm to wake up before lol

hot shower and then cold water for a few seconds to wake up

• instead of sleeping at 8 try sleeping at your normal time but earlier each day to get into a routine...

kinda like how it's almost impossible if you normally sleep at 12 to suddenly go from that time to 8

instead each day try sleeping like 5 or 10 mins earlier until you delvelop some kind of routine

• instead of sleeping at 8 try sleeping at your normal time but earlier each day to get into a routine...

kinda like how it's almost impossible if you normally sleep at 12 to suddenly go from that time to 8

instead each day try sleeping like 5 or 10 mins earlier until you delvelop some kind of routine

the weird thing is, ive had a 6am job for over half a year now, and used to go to bed at 8pm perfectly fine. snoozing up a storm right on time, wake up right on time. until a few months ago this year ;( my brain started rebelling i think. ;(;(;(

• the weird thing is, ive had a 6am job for over half a year now, and used to go to bed at 8pm perfectly fine. snoozing up a storm right on time, wake up right on time. until a few months ago this year ;( my brain started rebelling i think. ;(;(;(

have you tried alarms? getting someone to wake you up if you live with someone???

• have you tried alarms? getting someone to wake you up if you live with someone???

yeah i set an alarm every minute full blast for 30 minutes and it barely works, either i turn them off in my sleep or just sleep thru them until the last moment ;( i have a roommate but she works later in the night so we're never up at the same times. crying. i am convinced im becoming a rock LOL.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!