Did it take you a while to figure out your major?

• While it does vary from college to college, generally speaking, most ask students to declare their chosen major by the end of their sophomore year. This gives the students time to explore various electives and get some gen ed courses out of the way. This way, your junior and senior years can really focus on your major.

Your links. You forgot to embed your links. It's not spamming without the links.

Anyway, no, it didn't. I was set on becoming a CS major. Thought I'd be programming for Microsoft or creating video games in no time. Bored out of my head but persevered. In hindsight, perhaps I should have took it a bit more seriously.

• I knew what type of major I wanted since before I finished high school, but my family was against it so I chose my second favourite major when applying to Uni. Then I found out what a mistake I did as I completely hated what I was doing (or at least half of what I was doing) and I dropped for another major that never in my life I would've thought about applying to before. And I finished my studies there. Now I'm doing a Master's degree that is somehow related to the studies that I've finished.

However, I got in an internship that has nothing to do with anything that I've studied, ironically. But hey, I got to pay the bills and it's a big multinational company where there are chances of getting a career and a good pay.

Yeah, my life is a mess.

• I'm currently graduating from high school. I'm having an exam in April/May which will decide what type of major I'll have to choose. It kinda sucks to study in my country. I hated history so I went to the 1st group(Math and Physics as the main subjects + Chemistry, Russian and English). I only have 2 choices in the 1st group - to be an engineer or a teacher and I chose the first. My dad still wants me to be a teacher. Sorry papa:pepe-life-support:

♥ ЗА БТС И ДВОР   08e17a974895d0b04e224d7cecbd8470.gif   СТРЕЛЯЮ В УПОР ♥

• For me i knew from 14 i wanted to be a software engineer, but i got super lucky with that. Now a 2nd year computer science student in London with a decent internship as a back end developer

Ults: Enhypen, Xikers | Jungwon, Yujun

Bias: Woonhak | EJ

BOYNEXTDOOR | &Team

"Stray kids does not mean strait kids"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I picked my major right away but halfway through I realized I wasn't all that interested in it. I ended up just sticking with it because I didn't want to have to stay in school even longer.

• I didnt actually do what I really really would have wanted to study. If I could live in a perfect easy world, I would have studied something art, design or film related. But the career perspectives honestly made me too anxious.

So I decided to do the second best thing that came to mind. International Business. Sometimes I do think about dropping out tbh. Bcs it gives me major stress sometimes and yeah...but I am waaaaay too far in to give up now, cus I finished most of my requirements already. Dont get me wrong, I do love some of the stuff we learn. I freaking love all my marketing courses and thats what I wanna do someday, some of the damn other stuff I have to do though like my business taxation or finance/investment courses...fuck I hate them so much. I would have studied something mostly marketing related tbh, but those are really rare in my country.

Why is life so complicated lol.

• It took me 10 minutes. I had two reasons why I chose the major I took:

1. It was too expensive for me to go to the University I wanted to which was one of the best in that major. I had a 5k scholarship but the tuition was 50k a year lmao forget it

2. I figured I could get a Bachelor’s degree on it then I would move on to get a Master’s degree in the major I actually liked

By the time I was a junior in college, I was severely regretting it. It was mentally exhausting, was destroying my confidence, professors were sexist, a lot of classmates were very condescending and ultra competitive, and I didn’t even wanna be there in the first place. I ended up finishing it though (I felt I was already in too deep and didn’t want to waste all the 2am study sessions I’d already endured) and graduated with honors recently and had job offers before graduating so i guess it worked out well enough

:froghype:

Though if I was brave enough and wasn’t racking up student debt, I probably would’ve switched (:

• For me it took a few years because I had to figure out what I actually like that can be feasible career.

I realized that I’m interested in art and business so I picked graphic design. I’m hoping to be a graphic designer for a major league team.

• yes, I started out with Japanese languages and culture and got my bachelors degree in it and a minor in history, but after working for a year, I realised I wouldn't find a job with it that I would want to do for a long time, so I went back to do business management courses. It's okay to not know from the start, there is no shame in that.

• I sat down and weigh all the options and thought where I would fare better given my skills and preferences. I did it for a long time during my last high school year. The major I wanted require to take some exams before you could apply to it and I passed them all thankfully so I could apply and study the major I wanted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!