RE: Why are TWICE the only group that did NOT profit from album inflation and increase?

• Honestly, this is sad, realising that this is the kind of people that go around forum spewing Twice decline bs, this guy hasn't even done the homework.

For starters, RV didn't go from 100k to 500k, Queendom sold 300k in between.

Twice went from 500k to 700k and then to 1 million in a span of a year.

Aespa had just one single album, nothing to even compare to.

BP takes 2 year hiatuses then comes back with gazillion version.

OP
  • bp went from 1m preoders in a month to 1.5m week

and aespa went from 400k in 4 weeks to 1m in week

I've increase 300k each cmb in the span of a year

thatsgrowth, not everybody has that specially as u get older

• Lack of hits maybe?

I mean twice before from more&more to alcohol free era they had hardly any album growth. After that they grew alot for fol.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• If anyone has followed Twice since debut they'd know that they rarely ever had big jumps over the years outside of the first year or two. The big driver of inflation has been cfans in recent year and Twice aren't as prominent there as others, in addition to Japan finally moving towards streaming so one of their biggest markets no longer contribute as much (though the move is aiding their global digitals).

6GZ4ysS.png

• AF album to fol itself they increased by alot. Now fol to 1&2 they again increased. Before that from m&m to af era they didn't grow much. Lesser break? Lack of hits?

M&M remains Twice's biggest mistake. I've been following the group since debut and Twice still haven't had a comeback as hyped but it ended up being the worst era I can remember as a fan. It definitely impacted the fandom and it took a few songs to get back on track.

Their music, image and brand also isn't as all-encompassing as other groups so they don't benefit as much from the international market as others. Twice sell more now as they tend to have less comebacks and album distribution has increased across the board and has become cheaper for fans, so everyone is benefitting from some more international sales (and groups also put out more versions on average).

As mentioned Twice also lose out more than most on Japan moving to digitals as they are as popular as they have ever been there - but on average they sell around 50/60k less there for Korean releases than they did in 2018-early 2020.

I find it hard to argue it being anything more than this because Twice are pretty stagnant in other music consumption metrics and have been for a few years. Sales and I guess touring in the US is the only thing I can note incremental growth in and that comes from better distribution and opportunities.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!