[enter-talk] LOOK AT NEWJEANS' FANDOM LEVEL

• [enter-talk] LOOK AT NEWJEANS' FANDOM LEVEL

bypannchoaAugust 13, 2022

AVvXsEgMiiF9GTy9H69Rf_8MtnFHqmLhhLU_x7xYsx6Kv-sKbEhMWbIhwhVZifzUsEGPKNkYSpbFquOO5jJ3RVSxbvTYGdLYTRJcgbC103CrgoVtkTTS1Um24oR1DqgxxH2Wjt18faGv2a5dbENHI7zZLMXxSqpgGiipebyPf_ErWbuHkNaIh80RygC8CyPA=s16000

"If they have any shame, these f*ckers shouldn't be going to fansigns"

post response:

[+156][-45]

original post: here

1. [+71, -10]

That account owner is an Enhypen fan, a Niki fan on top of that ... I would've understood if she was a Sunghoon or Sunoo fan butㅋㅋㅋㅋ I have so much to say

AVvXsEhVLj99do8pYCWZNBt_3k5Izamw8hOrJkP4J8fVK4zKClrvs9gD6WEYoVxtmY6a65gL_egvYqpeqbfad3Y8r3xLjY6FzbKfoJEAbm42oGK6VY8taGsxIcuJh43NlsZCaBUDnKk_toBMGGR2e1JC9p70bsbP2BqnU1Rjojf_wQTyR_rCoUkASs4a8OuM=s16000

- I love you

- You love me

- Of course of course

2. [+57, -7]

She's an Enhypen fangirl? F*ckㅋㅋ

3. [+50, -54]

So what do you guys think of ajummas in their 30s coming with a full setting (t/n: setting = makeup + hair done at the shop) and making idols do aegyo and go "So cute~" seriously they make me want to barf

4. [+41, -0]

Imagine shooting someone illegally because they're fat and going around on internet with their picture to let other mock them and swear at them, if you were the party involved, what would you think?

5. [+28, -2]

If that person was a woman, people would've told her to not mock commoners

6. [+25,- 0]

F*cking rude. This is a person too, and he spent the money to go there, it's not like he broke in the door and obstinately wanted to sit there.. They're the same kids who will start convulse when their faces are getting judged but they're going around with that habit

7. [+16, -3]

She's an Enhypen fan

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• i try really hard not to be judgmental, but this photo makes me feel uncomfortable and just doesn’t sit right with me…

because the fact that they're minors makes it really weird tbh :pepe-narrow-eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• im in absolutely no way excusing those type of fans but this isnt exactly new behavior. its been ongoing for years and while im glad its being brought up, people like to shit on newjeans because of this.... anyway, you can be a fan but going to fansigns is just too much for me

• I don't see the problem tbh it's just a fan meeting?

They might not have bad intentions.

True but its not gonna look that way when the whole group is pretty much minors.. and to enter a fansign you have to buy a lot of albums to get a chance pepe-ooh but tbh adults will be more likely to get in since they will have the means to pay for this...

Solution is to just not debut minors ig because possibility of attracting weirdos will always exist... not that im saying the individual in this photo is a confirmed weirdo lol but I will say that being a fan to the point of going to meet minors as a grown man is weird..

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I feel like if the idol is a minor, they shouldn't be doing one on one time like this. Yes, it's entirely possible that it's just normal fans, but we know how far some fans can take it. I feel like they should only be doing fan meetings where it's a small audience and they play games or answer questions and then they sign stuff without the face to face stuff. Like I am very unsettled by the idea of a grown man sitting in front of a 14 year old girl and potentially asking her to bark like a dog or tell him she loves him or something of that nature. I don't care if he paid a million dollars for it. And that would also go for a grown woman doing it.

• isn't it basically part of the culture tho?

I remember that fans going to AKB or SNH fansigns

were bulk buying like 200 albums during that fansigns

they were even competitive in a way of say to their biases

look I bought 300 CD's I will always support you

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think I would go because I'm not the target audience, but as long as fans are respectful and know their place, it's not automatically wrong. It would be concerning if most attendees were uncle fans (similarly to Jpop) but I don't think that's the case.

• isn't it basically part of the culture tho?

I remember that fans going to AKB or SNH fansigns

were bulk buying like 200 albums during that fansigns

they were even competitive in a way of say to their biases

look I bought 300 CD's I will always support you

Using a jpop fandom example doesnt help lol

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• i try really hard not to be judgmental, but this photo makes me feel uncomfortable and just doesn’t sit right with me…

Here's the thing.

There's only three things that you CAN say with confidence about this fan

1. He's male

2. He's overweight

3. He has poor fashion sense

We don't know about his age (could be anything from 17 -mid 30's), his behaviour, his attitude or even his actual looks.

So I ask this... what makes you (or others uncomfortable)? What makes people think this is creepy? Is it the assumption of his age? Is it because he is male? Or is part of it because he is overweight and unfashionable, and therefore unworthy and creepy?

Are judgement assumptions being made based on his appearance?

If it was a photo of a slimmer, fashionably dressed male of indeterminate age, would the reactions be the same?

• nope the fact that hes grown makes me side eye him... and i would judge any grown woman going to meet male idols that are minors too in a fansign...

I feel like liking the music and supporting them is one thing but to the extent of a fansign feels weird to me... like why do you need to see them? You have that much of an interest in them? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• that's a weird ass rhetoric. what does "need" have to do with anything? do you need to listen to kpop? why? isn't it weird? and why do you need to talk to strangers on the internet? isn't it weird?

Talking about specifically going to a fansigns to see a group made primarily of minors with the youngest being 14... and the way fansigns usually work is that buying lots of album increases your chances which means that individual probably spent a lot of money..which is a choice and you get an invitation to the fansign which you can easily deny...

Either way im not saying the man in the photo is a creep, only that it makes me feel uncomfortable to see the photo...

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• and the way fansigns usually work is that buying lots of album increases your chances which means that individual probably spent a lot of money..which is a choice and you get an invitation to the fansign which you can easily deny...

Sure, so what? Watching over these events is the managers' job. If an attendant should be monitored more carefully because of their profile and/or behavior, then I expect the managers to do so and ensure that everything goes smoothly and safely.

Either way im not saying the man in the photo is a creep, only that it makes me feel uncomfortable to see the photo...

Fine. It's not about you though. You play no parts in this story.

• My reaction stems from wanting to ensure that the girls are protected and safeguarded because they are minors.

I used to be a 48g fan, so I’ve seen a lot of older men going to these fansigns or handshakes and acting inappropriately with the idols. Yes, it’s being judgement and maybe not entirely fair to think this way but it’s the way I saw the photo on initial viewing.

If he is just genuinely a fan, and didn’t act inappropriately then there isn’t directly an issue, but it does still make me feel a bit unsettled. That’s probably a me thing though, as I am a parent so my protective instincts just kick in.

I know we can only see his back, but he does appear to look older, he could be younger and I could totally be wrong on that.

• To be honest, if I was a parent of an early teen kid, I wouldn't want them in the industry at all.

I kind of think weirdo guys at fanmeets, as long as they are well behaved, is the least of the problems. They are out in the open, theres security around and in todays Covid safe world, theres screens and barriers between the idols and the fans.

No, what I'd be far more worried about, in terms of predators, are the ones IN the industry. The ones in the company, in positions of power over the idols, the ones that move in the same circles and have the power and ability to interact behind closed doors. I have serious doubts that there would be much done in the industry in SK to "vet" anyone in the industry on if they are safe or appropriate to work with young people.

Basically, I think a lot of these idols probably interact with a lot of older, possibly predatory people, a lot more in their day to day "work" than 60 seconds behind a screen watching an awkward fan mumble something nervously, and possibly with a lot less checks and balances.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!