What's this trend of calling popular pretty fourth gen girlies pick me's?

• I've seen this term thrown at Wonyoung and Yuna like ?????? Pick me is someone who puts other women down for male validation. None of these incidents count as "pick me" behaviour.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is it just thrown at idols who are visuals with a cute image at this point? Do they have to apologise for not making faces at men, or not being "savage/girlboss" 24/7?

Desbundar

• Is this the new parasocial relationship trend where kpop fans misuse this word over and over again despite it not making sense. There’s absolutely nothing pick me about these videos, just fanservice lol you know what’s pick me behavior? Itzy song lyrics

Other than that the way idols are witch hunted esp female idols I don’t think they could go past 1 real pick me behavior before getting a whole page of accusations and needing a public apology for being rude lol

• that baseball throw was weird but i don't think they do any of this because of "validation". they just have this image ob being the cute feminine maknaes and probably want to keep that perception via mannerisms and ways of acting/looking. if your every move was being recorded and seen by millions of people wouldn't you also want to seem classy and pretty 24/7? i doubt wonyoung eats like that when she's alone

also enhyphen stans need to get over themselves :pepe-life-support: and if she were really doing it to get his attention that's literally not our business and it doesn't mean she's a pick me. if yuna actually was interested in him would there be anything wrong with that? lol

out of service

• Idk if it’s pick me but that was so awkward to see 😭😭 a day will come when kpop idols don't have to be cringe af on camera and I’ll wait for that day.

exactly

wy definitely didn't deserve hate for eating that strawberry, but it was funny nonetheless. Or Yuna and that sneezing video which had more than in this posted video was too much to handle.

people will crucify you for pointing it out but many top idols are attention seekers, so they are on alert 24/7

• Pick me regardless of it's original meaning is now just the hip term for "girl I feel threatened by", guess other girls are threatened somewhat by the femineity displayed in those videos.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!