Is Kiel Tutin a bad choreographer?

• I see a lot of complaints about him but I think he’s pretty talented. He does choreos for a lot of different ggs and manage to show uniqueness and creativity.

Some of his work:

ITZY: not shy

BLACKPINK: ddu-du-ddu-du, how you like that, kill this love, lovesick girls

Jennie: SOLO

TWICE: fancy, feel special, more&more, i cant stop me

My personal favorite is stayc girls so bad

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• 10000 percent agree. People go crazy with the hate, yet Fancy is literally the best GG choreo in recent times. HYLT dance video has more views than even A list American acts.

And that Stayc dance is SO LIT. The best part is the end of the bridge to the final chorus.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No, he's not bad

He's only lackluster with BP which kinda tells me that he suits his choreo with the demand of the company/group. I really think in BP due to whatever reasons, they tone down their choreography a lot, which now just consisted of mostly hand movements all over the place. Which is a pity because we see what Lisa and the majority of the girls are capable of (and I am so glad she took the opportunity to showcase that).

I like his other choreography for other groups. Not Shy is one of my fave last year and I think his works with Twice was quite decent especially ICSM.

• He is a good choreographer. It is just that in BP‘s case they do not use everything from the original choreography and so it sometimes looks weird or not how it was intended.

• Why do people act like Kiel's is 100% responsible for BP's boring choreo lol. YG usually mashes up bits of Kiel's choreo, bit's of Kyle Hanagami choreo, and I'm positive they have in-house choreographers that edit it down and add in 'BP signature moves' like hairflips and butt grabs , and that's what makes BP's choreo look simplified and repetitive.

• Really? I think hes pretty darn good.

They only time I saw complaints about him was when those Blinks sent homophobic abuse to him on SNS and he spoke out about it, other than thag every likes hin right?

• Looking at his repertoire, it seems like his choreos vastly vary between groups. Itzy and Twice have gotten incredible choreos from him, but BP's choreos have been very lackluster.

YG notoriously goes for simple choreography so that the groups can make their own changes on stage or focus on live singing. Maybe they requested for more basic choreography for BP for that reason.

Plus, I think when YG's dancers cover BP's choreos, they suddenly look incredible and not at all weird or clunky. Blinks may not like it, but the skill-level of BP dance-wise is lower than a lot of 3rd Gen groups. They have Lisa who's a monster, but who has to tone down her moves a lot to match Jisoo. Jennie can be good but she's inconsistent and Rose often has a lot of energy that seems misplaced in BP choreos. They all have their own style of dancing which imo is a main factor in the choreography looking clunky.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!