Garam case has reminded me why I left Kpop for almost two years

• I know yall want to move on, but I am second hand traumatised, I can't even imagine what she must be going through. Like I can't stop thinking about what happened and how hard it goes against my moral compass.

Like you have these western politicians whining about getting cancelled for some real shit, and here you have a 16 years old Korean girl getting her life ruined for a school skirmish between two peers.

I don't know if it is a cultural difference or transnational, but I feel like Koreans have a total lack of understanding what bullying is. AOA, April and Garam, what all these cases had in common is that they were all just conflicts, just people being shit towards each other and not having the best relationship. But bullying is something absolutely different. At least in my vocabulary.

Anyway, I just hope justice prevails eventually.

• well one has to remember this isn't a court of law where the rules and evidence matter...

this is the court of public opinion...and in the court of public opinion the masses rule...it doesn't matter ultimately who's right and who's wrong because we as the public will never know hell even the parties themselves might not know due to fuzzy memories or different accounts of the actual events...

now I haven't been a kpop fan for every long but to my knowledge there has been not one case of bullying that has ever made it to court...

• I am also traumatized because I am a bg stanner and it was my first time supporting a gg. But what happened to Garam made me unable to full heartedly support any gg. :pepe-sad:

I am trying to forget about it by moving on but this still haunts me and makes me go back again and again in search of info about what's happening to her now. :pepe-shame:

I don't want to hate other members because they are innocent but twtr commenters seriously sucks and I don't want to argue so I better move on and I will be back if we ever get info about her :pepe-comfy:

I hope justice get served :pepe-pray:

🎶🍿Popcorn is Love🍿🎶

☆[Credits: To OG owners of pfp and sig.]☆

• I was with you till you said Koreans don't understand what bullying is. Are YOU Korean or lived in Korea for a long time? They know what it is in their own country better than everyone. If you' had been following bullying scandals, you would know that bullying is completely different there, IT'S BRUTAL, Age hierarchy just worsens it. Teachers don't do shit, students assault, all those molka issues and these kids don't get any kind of punishment.

That viral video of minors casually slapping the victim, minors sexually abusing Mongolian girl, using cigarettes to burn their skin. All those scenes in dramas don't exaggerate, it's all real.

No one knows what happened between them. If Garam was completely innocent, ALL the students and teachers would come to defend her.

• No one knows what happened between them. If Garam was completely innocent, ALL the students and teachers would come to defend her.

There were students who tried to defend Garam but they got downvoted to hell by Pann knetz. And why would teachers care? From all the stories I hear teachers in Korea are trash and only care about their jobs and school's rep. They're part of the problem why bullying is so bad in Korea in the first place.

(I'm not saying Garam is 100% innocent but that logic doesn't work)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!