Blinks who were there in debut era, what was it like?

• I want to go back in time. Blinks were supportive of all the girls, little to no akgaes.

We also had little content but we enjoyed every bit of what we got, in peace. The first debut stage, the nervousness, Jennie and her accident (I was about to cry) and then finally seeing them on stage, their first win. All their best songs and stage performances are from that era. The best thing was the music festivals, they were all so hyped on stage, little monster rookies.

The only negative side was the hiatus at that time, you could clearly tell that the girls wanted to release more music but couldn't because of yg. But since aiiyl is my favorite song I didn't mind how many times they've performed it.

All in all, the best memories and it's incredible to see how far they've come.

What accident?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Saw them a few time a week during promote. Rarely appear on vlive. Most fans didn't know their personalities until Weekly Idols show. It's 3 month after their debut.

• The hype was real! I remembered listening got BBY and feeling a bit disappointed.. and then Whistle came along and the rest was history.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• I only started stanning BP in 2019:sadr:

So what was 2016-2017 like? The first hiatus? The precious little content?

The debut was so iconic.

Debut stage was full of charisma, like comeback not debut.

Debut song hit #1 and roof top of Melon.

Winning trophies on music show within shortest time

But of course, lack of contents as usual

• most importantly, Blackpink debut was such a plot twist because

1) YG has been teasing to have their version of SNSD (big groups)

2) Another group of 4 was teased as future 2ne1 (not blackpink members)

3) 2ne1 was facing scandal, and somehow blackpink teasers were dropped

4) against expectation of YG SNSD, it turns out to be similar to 2ne1 size - 4 members

• What accident?

My girl has been unlucky ever since day 1. She basically injured her ankle at their debut stage and couldn't even move her leg so they had to take her to the hospital. Blinks were freaking out, we were told that Jisoo was crying. We all thought it was over but Jennie came back and insisted on finishing the performance.

After that, she posted this to reassure u that she was okay

#jennie from I have tasted the stars #jennie from I have tasted the stars image

Edited once, last by leneny ().

• It was fun and I really liked them because it was 2016 and the industry was filled with cute concepts, I enjoyed them but I always liked girl crush more and was getting tired of listening to gg until BP debuted. Their debut was THAT bitch. It was an amazing time excluding the hiatus and the promised 8 mvs YG had said they would give us but only got 4. Most people liked BP even if they weren't blinks. International fans loved them because of their concept but it all went downhill in 2018 when they realized BP was a threat to their faves

women's wrongs activist

:lovec::cheersc::lovec:

• well I loved them since debut. I liked Jennie a lot and then all of them ofc. I liked bbyh more than whistle but now its on the contrary. it was cool to experience new group with new style and genre, after 2ne1 was gone

• Everyone was so hyped, especially over Lisa. She was barely seen pre debut but she just exploded on the scene. Sad to see some people have turned on the girls now but the same happened to Twice after a hugely successful debut.

Of course we were promised 8 MVs which didn't happen, but we still got plenty of content. Then the whole wait until 2018 happened, but as a long term fan of YG groups I wasn't surprised!!

• jennie was superrrr popular at debut too i feel like that’s why i was shocked to see people switch up so fast in 2018 because she was THAT bitch when they debuted.

Actually Lisa was always the most popular except in Korea, so acting as if people suddenly switched biases in 2018 makes zero sense. It is awesome that Jennie is your bias, but to dismiss the other girls is so unnecessary. It is especially nonsensical as 2018 is what helped Jennie get more popular with her solo being released.

• Actually Lisa was always the most popular except in Korea, so acting as if people suddenly switched biases in 2018 makes zero sense. It is awesome that Jennie is your bias, but to dismiss the other girls is so unnecessary. It is especially nonsensical as 2018 is what helped Jennie get more popular with her solo being released.

Gosh you are back at it again ;( don't you get tired? They meant as in they switched because Jennie got a lot of hate in 2018. They didn't even mention Lisa... Just when I thought you were keeping the akgae syndrome in check, I guess not

• Actually Lisa was always the most popular except in Korea, so acting as if people suddenly switched biases in 2018 makes zero sense. It is awesome that Jennie is your bias, but to dismiss the other girls is so unnecessary. It is especially nonsensical as 2018 is what helped Jennie get more popular with her solo being released.

maam that user is talking about how loved jennie was during blackpink's debut she was praised left and right by everyone and their mother and she was a favorite among non fans until 2018 happened when people kept on spreading nasty rumors about her being arrogant, privileged lazy , bullying her members etc and her hate train fully took off :-)

no ones discrediting the other girls

i wonder what about jennie always gets you riled up lmao

• on bp reddit there was this end year survey in which blinks were asked when did they started stanning bp and like 60% of the users said 2020. So I'm sure there are a lot of baby blinks who would love to live the debut era through og blinks 🖤💗

• And then D4 happened

No and to add to what you said, Idk how many saw how the forums acted here but before 2018 I think after seeing D4's success the ig models drag was coming up a lot and when d4 released the reception was like "EWWW BEATDROP SONGS AGAIN" and that worsened when d4 took off like crazy in Korea.

I think D4 solidified their position a lot and thats when the hate train took off.

• I will never forget it but after they debuted, they attended a few award shows but all the girls talked during the interviews except Lisa. People became increasingly curious about what her talking voice sounded like. We finally heard her when one interviewer addressed her specifically and asked her about being away from home and while answering she started crying... :crys:

omg no i wasn’t talking about switching biases! i mean the sudden hate she got in 2018 from other kpop stans. sorry for the confusion...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!