Does monogamy help or disenfranchises women?

• Monogamy 4

1. helps women (1) 25%
    2. disenfranchises women (3) 75%

People rarely question why monogamy is considered the norm except that’s what men holding “rule books” told them is correct. In the modern world where people have open relationships, weekly Tinder flings, and wife’s boyfriends, the monogamy standard seems very out of place.

Monogamy is now mostly supported by incels because they believe every man is owed one woman. But obviously women have the right to choose. If 100 women just swoon for 1 man from 100, and reject the other 99 available to them, who is to tell them they are wrong?

• :?::?::?:

Monogamy works both ways. If anything, men tend to be less monogamous than women at an instinct level.

Nobody says anything. As long you don't marry, you can fuck whoever you want (in liberal countries at least).

There’s a hard push to promote monogamy by religious people and incels

The monogamy thing is being packaged together with marriage, trying to make others think that if they aren’t married to a person by age 30 there’s something wrong with them

• I don’t think it empowers or depletes women. Most people like being exclusive if they’ve found someone they love but it’s not for everyone and often doesn’t last. While many gender norms are constructed around it I think our preference for monogamy has more to do with biology. It’s easier taking care of kids if there’s to fully committed adults. Goes for most animals really. After the kids are old enough many animals split up. If you look at divorce statistics you can find similar patterns.

I think you can do whatever you want as long as you’re honest about it. Goes for both men and women. It doesn’t have to have anything to do with gender roles.

• Monogamy is what we need for a civilized society tbh.

For women i feel both works. For men polygamy is a big disadvantage. Most men will not have kids and women.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• When religious groups advocate for polygamy it's totally to disenfranchise women, as it always goes one way : a man can be with several women but no the other way.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Monogamy is what we need for a civilized society tbh.

For women i feel both works. For men polygamy is a big disadvantage. Most men will not have kids and women.

Civilized society has nothing to do with people’s bodies

But even if you want to take that into consideration, monogamous societies are rapidly declining. Korea has like the lowest birth rates in the world. Same trend in other countries that only allow monogamy

zmxhm2tbe8141.png1200px-Countries_by_Birth_Rate_in_2017.svg.png

• When religious groups advocate for polygamy it's totally to disenfranchise women, as it always goes one way : a man can be with several women but no the other way.

that’s not really polygamy. it’s religious enforcement of treating women as property. they just hide it under the polygamy banner

real polygamy would have everyone with the same right to choose

• Disenfranchise women.. sorry but what

Honestly i think women prefer monogamy because having a child is a lot more self sacrificing than it is for a man. Which is why most are so picky about getting one and I can't blame them for that. 1 good man is worth 100 that are just meh.

Of course that's an individual choice at the end of the day, it's not a matter of gender, society or whatever.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Civilized society has nothing to do with people’s bodies

But even if you want to take that into consideration, monogamous societies are rapidly declining. Korea has like the lowest birth rates in the world. Same trend in other countries that only allow monogamy

zmxhm2tbe8141.png1200px-Countries_by_Birth_Rate_in_2017.svg.png

So u r saying polygamy is the only way to increase population?

And woman swooning for the top man already happens. The beta dudes r left with nothing in many western societies.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Some people here to forget that 50 years or so ago, there was no birth control. As a woman, getting frivolous with a man had a high chance of her getting pregnant. So the marriage ensured that the man wasn't gonna run away from his responsibility. It's been working this way for millenia.

Monogamous marriage put male and female on equal foot in that regard; otherwise men would have been happy to marry multiple women if able, no problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!