Which was your favourite BTS song release of this year?

• Fave BTS song in 2022 46

1. Run BTS (22) 48%
    2. Stay Alive (6) 13%
    3. Arson (4) 9%
    4. Yet to Come (3) 7%
    5. For Youth (3) 7%
    6. What If (3) 7%
    7. With You (1) 2%
    8. That That (1) 2%
    9. More (1) 2%
    10. Music Box (1) 2%
    11. Bad Decisions (1) 2%
    12. Left and Right (0) 0%
    13. Pandora's Box (0) 0%
    14. Stop (0) 0%
    15. Equal Sign (0) 0%
    16. Stop (0) 0%
    17. Future (0) 0%
    18. Safety Zone (0) 0%

I am including all songs - solos, collabs and group

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be

• I rewatched a For Youth performance (their final group show at MCountdown) and my god, the song has not lost an ounce of power. In fact it's more potent when you see all the big steps they've taken since then (and its only been 2 months lol) but its etched all over their faces how special this song and that moment really is <3

External Content www.youtube.com

EDIT: I now recall that slightly dreadful feeling when I first heard Proof and especially For Youth at the end and thinking this has an air of finality too it. This was of course before the Festa dinner and all. Goosebumps.

• I rewatched a For Youth performance (their final group show at MCountdown) and my god, the song has not lost an ounce of power. In fact it's more potent when you see all the big steps they've taken since then (and its only been 2 months lol) but its etched all over their faces how special this song and that moment really is <3

I don't listen to it or watch it, still makes me cry

EDIT: I now recall that slightly dreadful feeling when I first heard Proof and especially For Youth at the end and thinking this has an air of finality too it. This was of course before the Festa dinner and all. Goosebumps.

at first I am reading lyrics of For Youth, I saw this song as "BTS sing the song for us"

but later on.. everytime I listen to For Youth, I started to think that this song is from Army for BTS
    </3

• at first I am reading lyrics of For Youth, I saw this song as "BTS sing the song for us"

but later on.. everytime I listen to For Youth, I started to think that this song is from Army for BTS
    </3

When I heard the For Youth instrumental and realised the Wembley Stadium sample (ie. Army's voice) is used ALL THROUGHOUT THE SONG, I loved it even more

• When I heard the For Youth instrumental and realised the Wembley Stadium sample (ie. Army's voice) is used ALL THROUGHOUT THE SONG, I loved it even more

The lyrics are heartbreaking and tbh I do not think its a song from BTS to Armys but for each other as in its a song for the members and what they feel for each other and their friendship.

Your edit...I had a feeling of dread from the time I heard about the anthology and as soon as I read For youth's lyrics, even before the Festa announcement, I was feeling anxious all through from 10th to 14th. Yet to Come, the friendship tats...sigh...so many signs. Jungkook's speech in the last Vegas concert.

Anyway, it is what it is. I am learning to stop being sad and enjoy whatever the boys give us in any form but OT7 music is what my heart will always yearn the most.

• For youth 🥲 it's so beautiful, their vocals are beautiful, the lyrics are, it just touches my heart and makes me cry 🥲 and when JK does the finale bit where it like steps up a pitch (idk music sorry) wow wow u enter heaven

'Steps up a pitch' is great way to describe it, dont stress! Most musicians would use the term 'key change' to describe what they do here and yes you're right it nearly always sounds heavenly

• Yeah it might be my 2nd or 3rd time watching it overall, it's no easier now than it was back then trust me

The one you posted is the most difficult to watch cause it was what they performed last amongst their 3 music show performances and you can see how they are trying to hold back the tears...ahh, I am making myself tear up just thinking about it.

• The one you posted is the most difficult to watch cause it was what they performed last amongst their 3 music show performances and you can see how they are trying to hold back the tears...ahh, I am making myself tear up just thinking about it.

Its such a wild, sad, beautiful scenario when you think about it:

- They had performed to so few Korean audiences these last 2 years, and specifically booked this to fix that
    - BTS know it's a goodbye song, written for a final performance
    - But the audience at the time have no idea that they're watching a final performance. Tragic irony!
    - By the time the performance airs, the world KNOWS that that was the last one

That combination is so WILD. It's like a movie where you in the audience know something the character doesn't and its gut-wrenching.

• It is such a sad situation and everything about it is so heartbreaking. And I am crying again as I saw the performance now and remembered how it felt and how everything is still so uncertain for their future as a group. Its been 1.5 months but feels like I have been without them for ages. This is why I loved Bad Decisions cause atleast I got to hear vocal line with their beautiful voice all together again.

• Why did you include the collabs in this list? After all, like That That or L&R technically not BTS' songs. It would be better if there was a separate poll for Collabs. That's why I chose RUN BTS.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Why did you include the collabs in this list? After all, like That That or L&R technically not BTS' songs. It would be better if there was a separate poll for Collabs. That's why I chose RUN BTS.

That That is a Suga production though and its probably a close third place for me, i think it's valid to include everything because there's something for everyone, that's the beauty of BTS

Cause I consider all of them as BTS songs, duh

• That That is a Suga production though and its probably a close third place for me, i think it's valid to include everything because there's something for everyone, that's the beauty of BTS

My point still stands, though, technically That That's PSY's song and L&R is Charlie's song.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!