former weeekly member jiyoons opens a twitter account (and some tea?)

• shes opened up a twitter account called @jiniousyoonie. she went live (or whatever going live is called in twitter terms) and said some tea about ist entertainment.

i could not find any recording of the live but a daileee on discord translated what she said:

-jiyoon said it wasnt her decision to leave weeekly. she doesnt want to go into details bc its a sensitive topic and it might get her in trouble.

-she was dealing with anxiety, depression, and panic disorder when she went on break but she said shes competely recovered and fine now.

-she said shes been wanting to make a ig account (daileee translating this assumed IST isnt allowing her to)

-reason why shes attending a vocal/singing school is bc shes preparing to go to college. she doesnt know when she'll be able to. maybe next year.

-wasnt planning on going to college but shes not doing anything atm so she plans on going.

-her schedule rn is school home school home and repeat

-hasnt been able to contact the members much bc theyve been busy but talked to jaehee recently

-jiyoon said: "wait maybe i shouldnt talk about the members...i think i might get scolded so i wont talk about them. we've been scolded so many times by our company for even the smallest things so we couldnt say anything (felt as if they were being restrained)

-idk which bbl pic shes talking about but once she sent a pic on bbl and a staff told her to be careful about what she posts. she doesnt have anything against the staff bc theyre ppl she cherishes a lot since they r together with the members all the time however shes fed up with the strict rules they have to follow.

-jiyoon said "its not bc of them, its bc of the 'strict idol industry' rules thats the problem

-jiyoon said "what if i get caught doing this live? so what if i do? ill just get a scolding, its fine.

-someone asked "have you seen all our tweets from before then?" she responded "idols see everything. you think we dont huh? idols see everything thats going on on twitter/social media. not only me, all idols."

i dont know if anyone has posted this here. but it seems as if ist lied about her leaving on her own will?

• Well it was obvious something was fishy, but hey there is always two sides of the coin. Maybe our sweet Jiyoonnie is a bit rebelious, I'm curious will I be able to find that photo? Maybe manager thought she has shown too much?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wonder if we'll see her on a future survival show since she still wants to be an idol.

im not sure since shes still with IST, but then again DSP still had Hyunjoo under their contract after she left April and she joined the unit a few years later.

she also had a few songs written for weeekly before she left iirc. unfortunate we never got to hear them.

• "idols see everything. you think we dont huh? idols see everything thats going on on twitter/social media. not only me, all idols."

Reminder for all the people who think they can play mean girl online without consequence.

Also glad she's doing well, weeekly's company sucks.

On every Vlive, we see idols glued to their phones. They're not just buying and selling bitcoins lol, they're all browsing the same TW, Insta, YT content that everyone else is.

The only saving grace for us in AKP is that 95% of idols just arent proficient enough to want to read and slog through an English forum. Not only do we write in English, but we all use tons of slang and nonstandard English grammar/syntax/diction. It would be like me trying to slog through DC Gall with my kindergarten level Korean, it would be a nightmare.

But for folks like Bangchan and Felix, Rose and Jennie, Wendy, Somi, and Lia who grew up in English speaking households or countries, they get the "benefit" of being able to quickly read both English and Korean forums. :-(

• Meh.. All ex-employees will have things to say of their former employers, company policies etc.

Idols are no different.

It is already easier to sympathize with the individual, than with a corporate entity..

This is a very weak tea.. Almost water.. that she is spilling

• well theres only so much for her to say when shes still under contract

Still with the company after leaving the group? Her idol career seems to be over. Maybe go into writing?

i'd love to see her continue producing for other groups. considering shes going to college and also said she plans on majoring in music. she was an amazing producer for weeekly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!