Aespas concept sets them limitations

• Aespas ai and kwangya concept may sound cool and all that but it gets boring

The storyline is always going after black mamba with navis helping them but never coming closer to him anyway. I know the fight is going on in other cbs but as i said it gets boring like the lyrics is always „we‘re fighters and black mamba we come for you. Navis we love you and help us“. It may be their concept but it gets boring and repetetive.

The songs and the storyline/ concept doesn‘t get along in a logical way. Their ai figures appear only for 10 seconds in the mv and in the smcu episodes and thats it. Or is it me who expected more?

Another thing is that the members represent the group in a bad way. Giselles performance that even got knetz in debates. Winters straight face and a few small controversies puts bad light on them.

The concept overshadows the members

I just thought about this after another group announced their debut

Aespa may be in their itzy phase

• Go to Best Answer
  • yesterday or day before was a thread about that on korean forums

90% of comments said

"it's aespa's concept which makes them different from others, so if you want to see/hear something different just go listen to other groups"

also surprisingly there was another comment which appeared multiple times:

"changing concept and song styles too often is what made many other group flops"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the mcu universe kind of thing sm is going after is stupid and cringe to me ngl but their ai member and fantasy concept is super cool if only sm touch on it properly. i remember how shocked i was when their first debut teaser pictures got released. it would be better if they update the ai members with better graphics in their mvs. they’re pretty badly done and pls outfit changes!!! it’s been 3000 years. also there’s so much they can do with a concept like this,,, personally i’d be interested to see a cartoon from the ai members perspective. them trying to connect to the human aespas would be fun but idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

also i get super put off by bighit as well when they put in lyrics related to the lore in their title songs. just keep the music separate from the theories pls 🥲 i hate how every step of theirs needs to be psychoanalyzed and connected to the lore. barely any fans care about that. sm unfortunately is doing the same with their music. a causal listener would literally be like ??? when listening to their music and reading the lyrics. where is the time when pop music was just a bunch of nonsensical pretty words that sounded catchy 😭

• Best Answer

where is the time when pop music was just a bunch of nonsensical pretty words that sounded catchy 😭

FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC

ELASTIC ELASTIC ELASTIC ELASTIC

RING DING DONG RING DING DONG RING DINGADING DINGADING DING DING

:pepemusic:

• disagree

yes aespa brand is their universe and lore in their lyrics etc....

but Aespa have been in their only 1.5years of existence one of the most versatile GG of 4th gen

they went from generic girl crush song with Black mamba

Ballad with Forever

then they went for Pop/edm with Next level

they did a more dreamy innocent concept

then they release a Hyperpop song

they dropped Life's too short who's a cute pop song

and Girls

yes they try to keep some logic in their concept and they are working hard to keep their brand

but it doesn't prevent them from trying a lot of diverse concept through the multiple different project they do

so saying their concept set them limitation, when we saw aespa trying different concept and multiple genre since their debut is weird to me

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Aespas ai and kwangya concept may sound cool and all that but it gets boring

I stan them because of this concept. I prefer this concept rather than other common girl crush or cute concept.

The storyline is always going after black mamba with navis helping them but never coming closer to him anyway.

Have you watched the music video ? They destroy Black Mamba at the end.

The songs and the storyline/ concept doesn‘t get along in a logical way. Their ai figures appear only for 10 seconds in the mv and in the smcu episodes and thats it. Or is it me who expected more?

Their storyline is still very logical. They use their aes in most of their products (album, music video, etc).

• the mcu universe kind of thing sm is going after is stupid and cringe to me ngl but their ai member and fantasy concept is super cool if only sm touch on it properly. i remember how shocked i was when their first debut teaser pictures got released. it would be better if they update the ai members with better graphics in their mvs. they’re pretty badly done and pls outfit changes!!! it’s been 3000 years. also there’s so much they can do with a concept like this,,, personally i’d be interested to see a cartoon from the ai members perspective. them trying to connect to the human aespas would be fun but idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

also i get super put off by bighit as well when they put in lyrics related to the lore in their title songs. just keep the music separate from the theories pls 🥲 i hate how every step of theirs needs to be psychoanalyzed and connected to the lore. barely any fans care about that. sm unfortunately is doing the same with their music. a causal listener would literally be like ??? when listening to their music and reading the lyrics. where is the time when pop music was just a bunch of nonsensical pretty words that sounded catchy 😭

Yeah thank you

Like rappaing about black mamba (western people will think they rap about kobe bryant), metaverse, kwangya verse, navis and their songs are too complicated

Plus, i feel like if they can't rap then they should leave it cuz i really am not that impressed by their rap

The story and their songs should be a seperate thing

• Life's too short and forever were not title tracks that's why these were only b sides or special tracks.

My point was that it gets bland when their song is all about fighting black mamba and entering kwangya.

Wish they were singing about other themes or so but that is just their concept and they have to stick to it. But it gets bland and boring.

Plus the members don't really present the group in the right and full way. To me at least

• I stan them because of this concept. I prefer this concept rather than other common girl crush or cute concept.

Have you watched the music video ? They destroy Black Mamba at the end.

Their storyline is still very logical. They use their aes in most of their products (album, music video, etc).

In savage mv they kill (?) him and in girls they were still singing about him. Plus in their smcu episode black mamba was the main villain again. Supposedly after he was killed in savage?

• no, their concept and lore are what makes them unique

However YYJ should stop pushing SM's Old school sounds in their title tracks though. Very apparent with Girls. Since those sounds aren't the trend right now let's leave the past in the past.

Thank you for bringing another point in here.

Their songs are not listenable i mean they are too complicated and loud. Plus their voices sometimes sound very strident especially winters

Like ives love dive is so generic yet so pleasant to listen to. Or new jeans hype boy or any song of them

• In savage mv they kill (?) him and in girls they were still singing about him. Plus in their smcu episode black mamba was the main villain again. Supposedly after he was killed in savage?

because in Savage music video they did not follow the rule in Kwangya. if you watched the sm universe ep 2. naevis told aespa that "they don't ever look back". also, one thing that I found out in Savage music video, they destroyed the eye (?) and in Girls music video, winter destroyed Black Mamba's heart.

• because in Savage music video they did not follow the rule in Kwangya. if you watched the sm universe ep 2. naevis told aespa that "they don't ever look back". also, one thing that I found out in Savage music video, they destroyed the eye (?) and in Girls music video, winter destroyed Black Mamba's heart.

Yet it was still about black mamba

I bet in their next cb it is still about black mamba its predictable

• also i get super put off by bighit as well when they put in lyrics related to the lore in their title songs. just keep the music separate from the theories pls 🥲 i hate how every step of theirs needs to be psychoanalyzed and connected to the lore. barely any fans care about that. sm unfortunately is doing the same with their music. a causal listener would literally be like ??? when listening to their music and reading the lyrics. where is the time when pop music was just a bunch of nonsensical pretty words that sounded catchy 😭

Rn I'm not that sure, but BH groups don't mention their lore in their songs, right? The lore is usually followed by the MVs I think, the lyrics just follow a story like love, youth, happiness, etc.

On the other hand, SM puts lore lyrics in their songs, like "Naevis... Kwangya..." which I really don't mind, I think it's what differentiates the group concept from others, but it's true that has its disadvantages.

• Thank you for bringing another point in here.

Their songs are not listenable i mean they are too complicated and loud. Plus their voices sometimes sound very strident especially winters

Like ives love dive is so generic yet so pleasant to listen to. Or new jeans hype boy or any song of them

you are not forced to listen to group that you do not like. Just listen to other groups' music that you like more.

• Rn I'm not that sure, but BH groups don't mention their lore in their songs, right? The lore is usually followed by the MVs I think, the lyrics just follow a story like love, youth, happiness, etc.

On the other hand, SM puts lore lyrics in their songs, like "Naevis... Kwangya..." which I really don't mind, I think it's what differentiates the group concept from others, but it's true that has its disadvantages.

txt has lore in their song lyrics too :pepe-shame:

it’s just the last two three comebacks that gave them lore-free lyrics but crown, run away, can’t you see me, blue hour…. Too much lore

• Rn I'm not that sure, but BH groups don't mention their lore in their songs, right? The lore is usually followed by the MVs I think, the lyrics just follow a story like love, youth, happiness, etc.

I feel like if aespa sang about feeling or emotions or othere themes it would reach the people more

• Naw, aespa is fine with the concept they have. The concept and the music provide something different in the gg landscape. They’re not the first group with lore or the last. There are plenty of more traditional girl groups out there making more traditional songs if you’re looking for something different.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I don't see your point that showing their concept is limiting them.

Maybe what you mean is their storyline?

Well, the storyline would get changed in the next comeback because BM is destroyed, so let's see how would it be in the next cb.

About their kwangya concept, I think it didn't even limited them.

If you know, KB Bank is borrowing their kwangya concept along with all the ae-avatar thing and wrote a romance Kdrama based on it. It's really different than aespa's usage of kwangya (fighting and edgyness(?)). It shows that, the kwangya thing isn't limiting them.

If it about the music, they could still use it as their identity because they had something like DCT and Forever.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!