This is what a REAL monopoly looks like

• everyone loved to pull that “bighit is trying to monopolize” bs just because they have been diversifying and doing a mighty good job of it.

A monopoly requires an effort to block any and all competition through nefarious or underhanded means, in a way that negatively impacts the industry.

Bighit is not a monopoly. Vlive couldn’t keep up with them, but that wasn’t an effort through Bighit, just a result of their success. They obtained a handful of sub labels and have started distribution companies, etc.

That’s not a monopoly.

Melon having every song licensed by Kakao M removed from (not just K spotify, but) Global Spotify just because they know koreans want to use VPN and still use spotify instead. They know we all immediately wanted to move to spotify.

So now the artists are being punished. they’re losing revenue when they already can’t tour. The artists and companies weren’t even informed of this decision beforehand.

Unlike apple music, I think spotify will actually win out this one in the end (for various reasons). In the meantime, this is so unfair to a huge variety of artists (especially the small companies who licensed through kakao m)

But at least now you guys know the difference between a quickly and largely diversifying company (who even is working WITH others to elevate everyone like with their yg deal) and a monopoly (who will poison an industry to make sure no one surpasses them)

RIP to dreamcatcher on spotify, i can’t wait for you to be back!

• I think, if KAKAO M has so much insecurity, they needed to do st before Spotify was launched in South Korea.

Only some South Korean people who had used previously Melon shifted to Spotify. International fans didn't use melon, don't use melon won't use melon. Whom were on melon but their fav's song are removed will go on YT. Why they(I fans) will go to Melon?!

The thing will make the small group suffer. Nothing else. Melon will get back their some handful Korean streamer back. That's all.

• (who even is working WITH others to elevate everyone like with their yg deal) and a monopoly (who will poison an industry to make sure no one surpasses them)

Actually YG is elevating BH here. BH was having issues with distribution, particularly in China, with digital, physical and merch. As a BH official stated, YGPlus has industry expertise and deep connections throughout Asia for distribution. That's why BH moved their distribution to YGPlus. Also, in turn, YG is allowing their artists on Weverse and has invested in BH's platform "Venew."

Also YG owns the land where YG/Naver/BH are building the new VFX/SFX/Performance venue.

BH reminds me of YG. They're trying to be like YG and diversify to create several streams of revenue and insulate themselves from economic downturns.

YG has:

3 Korean music labels (YG, THEBLACKLABEL, YGX) a Japanese label (YG Japan) and Chinese label (Yaoxing Culture/Shining Star), YGX Academy (dance, singing, producer school) YG Stage (Actor managent), YGKPlus (Model management), YGStudioplex (TV production), Clothing (Nonagon), Cosmetics (Moonshot), YG Foods, YG Sports (athlete management), YG Ads, YGSelect (album and Merch) YG Investments, YGPlace (retail stores), VIBE {Music Streaming), YN Culture and Space (new real estate development company with Naver), YGTV (channel on New ID).

EsunGHOUwAMSM4d.jpg

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• Big Hit is the investor here. Am I right or I am right.

Big hit invested in YG+ in return of YG+ will serve them & BH will extract profit from YG+ same as any investor.

YG+ is nothing more than Dreamus company in term of serving BigHit.

YG+ is nothing more than SouMu & pledis where Big Hit invested money & extract profit.

• Big Hit is the investor here. Am I right or I am right.

Big hit invested in YG+ in return of YG+ will serve them & BH will extract profit from YG+ same as any investor.

YG+ is nothing more than Dreamus company in term of serving BigHit.

YG+ is nothing more than SouMu & pledis where Big Hit invested money & extract profit.

It's not the same tho . What BH and yg did more like a trade deal . so in my opinion both on the equal ground on that deal. both get something .

Totally not the same with soumu & Pledis deal.

• bighit is the one investing and in return are having distribution deals.... yg isn’t “elevating” bighit lol and they’re not trying to be like them either....

you know diversifying your revenue streams is a business practice that’s been around since the beginning of business....right? like in the dawn of human beings trading things to each other for other things.... any business (or person) should be diversifying their revenue streams lol

• I can believe it but BH invested in YG + because they want their own money in Korea. I don't see how YG + can help you more than Universal / the orchard in distribution. BH will also have its own domain in Japan and the United States for internal distribution. the number of personnel and producers it handles in Japan and the United States is a test that analyzes the market before acquiring.

• I can believe it but BH invested in YG + because they want their own money in Korea. I don't see how YG + can help you more than Universal / the orchard in distribution. BH will also have its own domain in Japan and the United States for internal distribution. the number of personnel and producers it handles in Japan and the United States is a test that analyzes the market before acquiring.

china , with the hallyu ban alot of kpop are banned unless u have dirrect connection with them and it have to be a chinese/international release (lay,jackson, etc) to promote in there. but idk why yg artist are pretty unaffected with the ban.

• china , with the hallyu ban alot of kpop are banned unless u have dirrect connection with them and it have to be a chinese/international release (lay,jackson, etc) to promote in there. but idk why yg artist are pretty unaffected with the ban.

YG has shares in Trencent and that cannot help BH, unless BH decides to have trencet as a distributor using the QQ music platform. At the musical level, each country has its own distributor, the domain is owned by Sony and Universal. But BH seems to be using Seventeen for the Chinese market. Anyone confirm me about SVT activities in China?

• It's not the same tho . What BH and yg did more like a trade deal . so in my opinion both on the equal ground on that deal. both get something .

Totally not the same with soumu & Pledis deal.

In the trade deal, Big Hit is the one who is investing. YG+ is the one who has taken money from Big Hit.

Big Hit is the one who own shares of YG+. When YG+ doesn't own a single portion of Big Hit not even a subsidiry company of Big Hit.

Relax, till the end of the year, Everyone will come to know who is on which ground.

• There are quite a few wrong statements here.

YG does nothing to BH is china. YG artists themselves cannot promote in China so how will this help BH.

This is for most technical part of the distribution, Bighit used dreamus for albums distribution now it's gonna be YG+ plus , they already use flo for digitals and BH invested in Flo so they are using the same technique here.

No one is helping anyone, it's a simple business deal

• That’s not a monopoly either. For example, there are multiple music services in the US market. Spotify is king because people like it (whether it’s the ease of the user interface, diversity of artists/content or shareability/interactivity, etc), but while it may dominate the marketplace, it is not the only choice. In fact, it’s not even 50% of the market. I can find many of these songs on multiple platforms, but I still choose to use Spotify. That’s not a monopoly.

In SK, unless Spotify knocks out every single music streamer or somehow gains a tremendous amount of market share, that won’t be a monopoly either. They may come to dominate the space, but again that’s not a monopoly. Plus, if it’s one thing the digital world has taught on, who’s on top changes rapidly. I remember when Pandora was bigger than Spotify and before TikTok, there were vines - the industry changes so so quick.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• That’s not a monopoly either. For example, there are multiple music services in the US market. Spotify is king because people like it (whether it’s the ease of the user interface, diversity of artists/content or shareability/interactivity, etc), but while it may dominate the marketplace, it is not the only choice. In fact, it’s not even 50% of the market. I can find many of these songs on multiple platforms, but I still choose to use Spotify. That’s not a monopoly.

In SK, unless Spotify knocks out every single music streamer or somehow gains a tremendous amount of market share, that won’t be a monopoly either. They may come to dominate the space, but again that’s not a monopoly. Plus, if it’s one thing the digital world has taught on, who’s on top changes rapidly. I remember when Pandora was bigger than Spotify and before TikTok, there were vines - the industry changes so so quick.

OP means that Kakao M is the monopolist, not Spotify.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!