The injustice

• The official MV from KMAs Album Of The Year with most views has 3850 views and 170 likes on Youtube.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When people are talking about quality not being recognized, I hope theyre talking about this, not their kpop groups not getting awards. The same for fake feminists, evidently theres no support for actual talented female musicians.

Edited once, last by pinky-hwi: I will keep this thread open but if you're going to praise this artist, please leave the name-calling and other female artists out of this. ().

• The official MV from KMAs Album Of The Year with most views has 3850 views and 170 likes on Youtube.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When people are talking about quality not being recognized, I hope theyre talking about this, not their kpop groups not getting awards. The same for fake feminists, evidently theres no support for actual talented female musicians.

You know they are not talking about actua quality lmao.

This is nice chill song. Enjoyed it.

• I listened to it when nominations came out actually.

Doesn't make any difference. It is not like you went out of your way to check on underrated female Korean artists and then decided to support them because of their talent, you only knew about them because they were competing with your faves for an award.

• Why is it hilarious? Good things must be shared. And from comments and threads on akp we know that most users are living in their kpop bubble so why not educate?

OP isn't here to share. They're just using this to drag other kpop fans and shame them for not knowing this artist that op knew for 2 seconds longer.

• Doesn't make any difference. It is not like you went out of your way to check on underrated female Korean artists and then decided to support them because of their talent, you only knew about them because they were competing with your faves for an award.

Yeah, I didnt know them because kpop industry is strangling their music scene. One KMA winner sold their trophy on stage because theyre so under-financed.

KMAs are a good platform for promoting more quality music, I assume Im not the only one who checks out nominees and past winners.

This thread is not about bragging. Its about promoting this good artist and pointing out how ridiculous any kpop stans whining about "mistreatment" are.

Why is it hilarious? Good things must be shared. And from comments and threads on akp we know that most users are living in their kpop bubble so why not educate?

and please allow me to add Leenalchi (Musician of the Year at KMA) to that and Tiger is Coming.

via @YouTube

• Yeah, I didnt know them because kpop industry is strangling their music scene. One KMA winner sold their trophy on stage because theyre so under-financed.

KMAs are a good platform for promoting more quality music, I assume Im not the only one who checks out nominees and past winners.

This thread is not about bragging. Its about promoting this good artist and pointing out how ridiculous any kpop stans whining about "mistreatment" are.

I don't believe for a second that your intentions were pure. Not with the way you unnecessarily shaded female idols by making a distinction between them and "actual talented female musicians"

Forget about hilarious, it's actually pathetic to weaponise this artist just to shade other kpop artists and their fans. If you really wanted to support, promote and celebrate her, the focal point of your thread wouldn't be throwing shade toward entities you have already expressed dislike toward in the past, it would be about her music, voice and what you like about them. But here we are.

• and please allow me to add Leenalchi (Musician of the Year at KMA) to that and Tiger is Coming.

via @YouTube

I love this too! The pansori influences and more modern indie pop elements are merged so well and the result is insanely catchy.

It reminds me of some of the folk/alternative fusion music that is super popular in my own country. It makes a lot of sense why Koreans would be proud of this and reward this.

• OP isn't here to share. They're just using this to drag other kpop fans and shame them for not knowing this artist that op knew for 2 seconds longer.

It depends on how you think and your opinion on the OP maybe? Yes I admit I don’t know this act before and am checking her out because she won. Is that so bad? And I don’t feel dragged or shamed.

Anyway, I’m sure there are many like me who will check out most of the songs or acts that are recommended/hyped here on akp. There are some hidden gems so don’t be put off by your bias to check Jeongmilla out!

Me personally would not jam to her song that much, it’s too chilled for my liking (yes I prefer kpop beat drops and all). And I’m disappointed there is not subtitles, because I’m sure the lyrics is beautiful.

• It depends on how you think and your opinion on the OP maybe? Yes I admit I don’t know this act before and am checking her out because she won. Is that so bad? And I don’t feel dragged or shamed.

Anyway, I’m sure there are many like me who will check out most of the songs or acts that are recommended/hyped here on akp. There are some hidden gems so don’t be put off by your bias to check Jeongmilla out!

Me personally would not jam to her song that much, it’s too chilled for my liking (yes I prefer kpop beat drops and all). And I’m disappointed there is not subtitles, because I’m sure the lyrics is beautiful.

If you like more rhythmic music, you might like this. Its awesome :borahae:

(except IDOL haters might hate this too)

External Content open.spotify.com

• all of you are wrong

this is what real good music sounds like

that chorus

12758-603aaea03728e636309194-gif

External Content www.youtube.com

• It depends on how you think and your opinion on the OP maybe? Yes I admit I don’t know this act before and am checking her out because she won. Is that so bad? And I don’t feel dragged or shamed.

Don't worry, I have already checked her out when I heard she won, but like you I wasn't a fan of the song.

I wouldn't have commented like this if the op wasn't clearly putting down other female idols and acting all pretentious just because they checked out an underrated female artist that many kpop fans don't know about.

• When I see KMA winners, somehow I feel peace from inside. Only

QUALITY.

True female Artists in the music industry doesn't need the tag "Female" to get recognition. Their Music is enough for that.

The main reason why some excessive popular groups or soloist can't get even single nomination & their fans shout "Robbed", "Misogyny", the quality matters on KMA.

Last year, Boy With Luv was nominated but didn't win. But I have no grudge no upsetment. Cause Jannabi won. A deserved win.🙂.. The song was outstanding.

Hope, ppl who listen noise take KMA's name out of their mouth. Cause their status is too low.🙂

Music Critics worldwide can take care of their profession, no need for Self Acclaimed music critics. :danceb:

• I love this too! The pansori influences and more modern indie pop elements are merged so well and the result is insanely catchy.

It reminds me of some of the folk/alternative fusion music that is super popular in my own country. It makes a lot of sense why Koreans would be proud of this and reward this.

can I derail the thread a bit and share how BTS and TXT connected me to LEENALCHI? I was checking out NPR’s Tiny Desk concert of BTS and in the process came across South Korean band Ssingssing (they also fuse Korean folk music with glam rock & other genre) who also performed in Tiny Desk. The bass player of Ssingssing is also the bass player of Leenalchi so I checked them out. And then later on I saw TXT performing at KBS’ Lunar Festival concert Chosun Pop Again where Leenalchi was also in the lineup. I’ve been a casual fan of Leenalchi ever since! And that’s how my kpop interest led me to this moment.

Thank you for listening to my Ted talk lol :pepe-peek:

• can I derail the thread a bit and share how BTS and TXT connected me to LEENALCHI? I was checking out NPR’s Tiny Desk concert of BTS and in the process came across South Korean band Ssingssing (they also fuse Korean folk music with glam rock & other genre) who also performed in Tiny Desk. The bass player of Ssingssing is also the bass player of Leenalchi so I checked them out. And then later on I saw TXT performing at KBS’ Lunar Festival concert Chosun Pop Again where Leenalchi was also in the lineup. I’ve been a fan of Leenalchi ever since! And that’s how my kpop interest led me to this moment.

Thank you for listening to my Ted talk lol :pepe-peek:

I need to check out Ssingssing then (even if I cant really stand glam rock). I love traditional folk fusions with other genres. Pop music is pretty much the same all over the world, but there you can really hear something unique and interesting.

This is why 90% of the groups i stan are hella unappreciated, because they come from a small company or people just dont recognize talent because they may not be the most attractive or may not have a jisoo/jungkook level voice

They don't know about the things we do
    giphy.gif
    They don't know about the I Love You's

• Don't worry, I have already checked her out when I heard she won, but like you I wasn't a fan of the song.

I wouldn't have commented like this if the op wasn't clearly putting down other female idols and acting all pretentious just because they checked out an underrated female artist that many kpop fans don't know about.

Why are you so pressed? OP just stated his/her opinion about what's so called "talented musician" not just a talented singers like most of idols (not all). You can have vocal range of 7 octaves and high vocal techniques and sure you'll be praised by your family, fans, coach, but that's won't be enough to get recognition as talented musician. You have to deliver your talent into "artistry"products (song/album) which will be reviewed by (qualified) experts

• Why are you so pressed? OP just stated his/her opinion about what's so called "talented musician" not just a talented singers like most of idols (not all). You can have vocal range of 7 octaves and high vocal techniques and sure you'll be praised by your family, fans, coach, but that's won't be enough to get recognition as talented musician. You have to deliver your talent into "artistry"products (song/album) which will be reviewed by (qualified) experts

This is getting redundant.

• If you like more rhythmic music, you might like this. Its awesome :borahae:

(except IDOL haters might hate this too)

External Content open.spotify.com

Wow this sounds like nothing I’ve heard off. It’s not really my jam but I can see why it stands out

• This is clearly intended for shading other fandoms for 'not appreciating real quality'. Like you were the only ones who really appreciate 'real quality'. I think Army could've put more than 3850 views in this song if they really appreciated this so called 'real quality'.

Anyways, it's a good song. I wish kpop stans would stop downplaying slow songs, but 99% of idol stans dislike slow songs because they're 'boring'.

• Seems like some people are pressed...

I just think some of the parts were written in this post this way cause when KMA full nominations came out having nominated only BTS, IU, OMG & Baekhyun,

Many "So much pure" kpop stans came out with agenda "KMA rigged", " KMA is Mysogynist" ( my point inspite nominating IU & OMG, dude how!!), " My fav has so many views & most of the nominated Artist are not even known", "KMA choose boring songs" blah! blah!

If you were not in these "So much pure" kpop stans, why are you gashlighting yourself?!

And Girl Artist who have Actually quality music, nominated & won on KMA & those GG's stan doesn't need to use "Feminism" agenda. Just look at SNSD, Wonder Girls, F(x), Brown Eyed Girls, Twice, Red velvet, Yerin, OMG, GIdle, Itzy. These GG stans need not using cheap card. They got KMA not because they are Female Artists but because they deserved it. My fav win among them was of Red velvet & is Yerin's.

Using "Mysogynist" card won't help you or your fav if they have not Quality music.

• Is this surprising? K-Pop fans only care about views. Most people don't really watch music videos. In fact I think the only music videos I watch are kpop videos. I can't remember the last time I watched a music video from a western artist for instance. I just listen to the song.

Lots of people use YT for listening to music. It was just very surprising to see such an almost nonexistent number of views, especially considering that Korea is a quite large country. I would expect even indie artists to have more.

• Doesn't make any difference. It is not like you went out of your way to check on underrated female Korean artists and then decided to support them because of their talent, you only knew about them because they were competing with your faves for an award.

Isn't this the point of awards shows, though? To introduce people to music, and help spread the industry? If she found an artist she likes because she heard an award show performance, good for her. hell, part of the reason everyone's excited for BTS at the Grammys is they hope it will help spread kpop to an American audience, because people will discover a new band.

• Isn't this the point of awards shows, though? To introduce people to music, and help spread the industry? If she found an artist she likes because she heard an award show performance, good for her. hell, part of the reason everyone's excited for BTS at the Grammys is they hope it will help spread kpop to an American audience, because people will discover a new band.

Thats a good point. Award shows, end of year lists and other similar cases are a good way for lesser known artists to get some extra exposure. Its not like they have a fandom or powerful company to promote them.

I didnt actually see the performace, I only managed to catch the end of the show with daesang announcements. But I tend to check out the KMA winners since their jury's taste is often quite in line with mine.

• Isn't this the point of awards shows, though? To introduce people to music, and help spread the industry? If she found an artist she likes because she heard an award show performance, good for her. hell, part of the reason everyone's excited for BTS at the Grammys is they hope it will help spread kpop to an American audience, because people will discover a new band.

This is not about learning about new artists. This is about being pretentious and using this woman musician just to shade other kpop women and their faves. OP's could have used this opportunity to promote this artist, but instead they chose to use this woman to put down other kpop idols. THAT is what I'm talking about.

• This thread contains 137 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!