So is it just me or there is less activity?

• Is it just me or is there is way less activity on the forum ever since the revamp?

Would this be another case of onehallyu where everyone disappeared bit by bit after they changed their forum? I certainly hope not.

Though I never understand why forums like to change up things when everything works smoothly and everyone seems to be fine and happy with where they are at.

• previous forum was hideous i'm glad this happened

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• I've noticed less activity but I don't think this forum is going away anytime soon. There is still some support..... :whatr:

Let's hope so, I mean everyone said the same thing about OH but if you visit their forum now... dead.

There is certainly some activity going on but I couldn't help but notice how little compared to before.

• Did your computer over heat cos of the old forum? mine did

i don't think so

are u saying that this forum looks better than the old one 8|

i used to be an OH member and this reminds me of OH so lmao the only reason i didn't join akp for years after OH's death was i hated how it looked

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

• woah first time I'm hearing this, like in whatever way...?

Surprised GIFs | Tenor

didn't the other one look outdated? i think i'm more objective bc after 1 day of me joining akp, they changed the forum to this and it is way better

i think yall were just used to the other one that's why you hate it

• Official Post

Oooh you're gonna get banned after this :cryingr:

But yeah I've noticed less activity. It's nothing new, the same thing happened last revamp and wasn't super active until maybe 2018?. It will be more active probably when the old forum is deleted. AKP is still the most active forum, so even on days where it seems slow, it's still more active than most other forums out there.

• We seem to have had a rush of traffic right at revamp. (People checking it out.)

Then to taper off now for the last few days.

Perhaps it's a natural lul with school and whatnot. Or perhaps we did lose a substantial number.

Many indicated intent to leave. Whether that's permanent or not we'll see.

Also I think the breaking up of a forum into many categories contributes to a less activity.

They're really focusing on enforcing separation of topics into their respective sub forums. Which while making organization sense. Can result in a ghost town effect if you don't have the numbers to support it.

There may not be enough people in any one category to really feel like it's bustling. Which can lead to a reinforcing cycle. Where people don't engage because they don't sense enough activity to motivate them, further decreasing activity.

I still maintain that far fewer categories would actually drive more activity and engagement. But hardly any forum seems to implement that in practice. There's a focus on extreme niche separation.

Hopefully it'll pick up.

• Oooh you're gonna get banned after this :cryingr:

But yeah I've noticed less activity. It's nothing new, the same thing happened last revamp and wasn't super active until OH died in 2018 and all the users from OH moved to AKP. It will be more active probably when the old forum is deleted.

did you used to use the same signature on oh? i feel like i remember it

• Let's hope so, I mean everyone said the same thing about OH but if you visit their forum now... dead.

There is certainly some activity going on but I couldn't help but notice how little compared to before.

OH literally did not exist for months that’s why it disappeared. That’s not what happened here. I think people will eventually make their way back here. After their bias comeback or some kpop scandal/event lol.

But yeah I've noticed less activity. It's nothing new, the same thing happened last revamp and wasn't super active until maybe 2018?. It will be more active probably when the old forum is deleted. AKP is still the most active forum, so even on days where it seems slow, it's still more active than most other forums out there.

The old forum will be deleted??? Can't we archive it or something idk

• didn't the other one look outdated? i think i'm more objective bc after 1 day of me joining akp, they changed the forum to this and it is way better

Oh I can understand now, so you haven't even been active on the old one that's why.

The old forum was honestly so much better for me in all aspects, it looked different, not outdated, didn't have the same boring layout as any other forum that's why I liked it so much. Not to forget all the other functions it had., emojis etc.

• main reason oh id dead is because their server was the shittiest, and it stopped working for months. After it got back, it lost one of it's biggest appeals which was the layout plus a lot of users had found somewhere else to discuss kpop (here, twt, Discord). Very different from akp's situation.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• didn't the other one look outdated? i think i'm more objective bc after 1 day of me joining akp, they changed the forum to this and it is way better

LOL SAME, Idk why but this revamp is better than the previous version. I was expecting something worse but now I am addicted.

Lol wouldn't be too bad if the forum keeps being less active 8)

I think I joined allkpop in 2019 and it was crazy busy, a thread every second with page after page. So it's quite easy to notice the difference in activity now. But yes true, I don't think there is any other kpop forum as active as allkpop, so I only wish it gets better and people get used to this one.

• Well said! Most users seem to think the same about the separate sections so I hope the administrators read this and go back to when we had one general section instead of two.

• OH literally did not exist for months that’s why it disappeared. That’s not what happened here. I think people will eventually make their way back here. After their bias comeback or some kpop scandal/event lol.

Ahh yes that's true, lol forgot those days when oh used to crash for months, that was also their reason for changing the forum so that was understandable.

I still don't know why allkpop did it though because everything seemed to work just fine, but oh well hoping for the best.

• I still don't know why allkpop did it though because everything seemed to work just fine, but oh well hoping for the best.

akp forum changed cause j*hnny has power trips and wants to be the all mighty admin again after the old staff proven to be self sufficient and users didn't care about him

• Official Post

If you compare it to the old forum, we've actually reduced the total amount of forums, and made a split on only the KPOP forum due to it being overloaded previously. But even in the allkpop category, the overall number of forums were reduced.

• akp forum changed cause j*hnny has power trips and wants to be the all mighty admin again after the old staff proven to be self sufficient and users didn't care about him

Woah Now that is completely new to me. So they didn't take the forum's activity and the users into consideration? Though I couldn't think of a reason as to why they would do it, I still thought it had to be a reasonable one but this...?

• If you believe chaos was self sufficient, you are clearly delusional.

maybe if they weren't left alone in the first place

at least you could be thankful to how much they did for your community while you were just getting the money bags

• Official Post

maybe if they weren't left alone in the first place

at least you could be thankful to how much they did for your community while you were just getting the money bags

You must be one of the old staff members or a toxic member who was permabanned. Please... feel free to walk yourself out if you hate it so much. There was much needed cleaning up to do, and a purge of the toxic members was necessary.

• You must be one of the old staff members or a toxic member who was permabanned. Please... feel free to walk yourself out if you hate it so much. There was much needed cleaning up to do, and a purge of the toxic members was necessary.

i'm neither of those, i just lurked, but some things are truly obvious

but this speaks volumes on how you valued the people who gave hours and hours of their free time to make the old forum an enjoyable place by being staff

and please, you're the least person that could talk about toxicity

• Well said! Most users seem to think the same about the separate sections so I hope the administrators read this and go back to when we had one general section instead of two.

I think this separation is often also spurned on because users are often vocal about having "their own place" that caters to their niche in hyper focus. So people that want to talk about achievements exclusively want a single place to go and find nothing but that. Others who don't care about such things complain about so many achievement threads. People that don't like visual threads complain "the whole front page is visuals". And so on. And so on. It's a natural desire. Everyone wants their own little niche where they don't have to deal with anything they don't immediately want to look at. It's a natural desire. And the tendency is to oblige this desire by separating them all out into silos. But as I said then there are large downfalls to this solution if you don't have huge numbers to populate each individual silo.

In my opinion the best solution to have one single "KPOP" section. Then implement the silos as required "CATEGORY PREFIXES" that must be applied when a thread is created. Then implement a FILTER system at the top that allows filtering by category.

This gives you a bustling central hub with a sense of activity and rapid lively engagement. Yet allows those that want to hyper focus on their niche that opportunity.

You can out guilds and Artist threads in a sub section. But everything else I think should be in the central hub.

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!