RE: Genuinely baffled as to how SM managed to kill Aespa's hype for this comeback

• OP

I agree with others that LTS killed the hype a lot especially its timing

SM should have released it right after coachella and if not then drop it on june 1st and illusion shouldve been the prerelease

LST fits their lore and I like the song as it is but it just seems out of place if you're not invested in their concept

SM definitely expected huge viral moment with it which can still happen ig but the damage was done

and I like girls teasers a lot they have this eerie feel and the weapon things are amazing

for me these teasers are better than savage but seems like lots of mys are not feeling it

• LST fits their lore and I like the song as it is but it just seems out of place if you're not invested in their concept

I'm a little confused by this. I feel like Life's Too Short is easy to digest without any lore connections. It's about people giving you a hard time and you're shrugging it off, kind of like Taylor Swift's Shake it Off or Demi Lovato's Really Don't Care. I do think SME made a big mistake with not riding the Coachella interest and releasing it basically immediately, but I don't follow how it's best suited for people who are into their concept.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Since you posted this thread, SM has uploaded like 5 different Life’s too Short random videos on all platforms. At this point even I stopped pressing the Like button.

It's bc they want U (their fandom) to make it a hit, they give the song enough promo to realize thats sm goal

Sm dont give English songs teaser, mvs and promo for not reason

• I'm a little confused by this. I feel like Life's Too Short is easy to digest without any lore connections. It's about people giving you a hard time and you're shrugging it off, kind of like Taylor Swift's Shake it Off or Demi Lovato's Really Don't Care. I do think SME made a big mistake with not riding the Coachella interest and releasing it basically immediately, but I don't follow how it's best suited for people who are into their concept.

After watching SMCU episode 2, I think it's safe to say Aespa's concept / lore is about fighting against the negative side of social media (like cyberbullying, malicious rumours, stalking, invasion of privacy, obsessing over selling a fake perfect image of ourselves etc). That's why LTS becomes more meaningful and in-character when you're following their lore and know about the connection. But I agree that the song is easily digestible and can be enjoyed perfectly without any link to the lore.

It's just that it's a bit forgettable imo.

• it's just for now

even not as MY, I can say that when album will drop and those 1st day/1st week sales will be crazy everyone will talk about aespa again, and hype will be enormous

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm a little confused by this. I feel like Life's Too Short is easy to digest without any lore connections. It's about people giving you a hard time and you're shrugging it off, kind of like Taylor Swift's Shake it Off or Demi Lovato's Really Don't Care. I do think SME made a big mistake with not riding the Coachella interest and releasing it basically immediately, but I don't follow how it's best suited for people who are into their concept.

Me neither and everybody know i'm a sucker for aespa concept

But LTS doesn't have any connexion to aespa lore and you can easily listen to the songs and read the lyrics without knowing anything about aespa lore and concept

Yes it fit into the message of their lore about social media and their influence

Bit LTS is a song you can listen and like without following aespa concept and lore

I feel that the user who said this doesn't even know anything about aespa lore

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

I didnt say it's best suited for people who are into their concept

I just said it seems out of place if you don't follow it

i meant if you only know their title tracks and only have a very vague idea about their lore (AI, kwangya, etc) then this kind of feel good, relatable and easy to digest song can seem to be released out of nowhere.

After watching SMCU episode 2, I think it's safe to say Aespa's concept / lore is about fighting against the negative side of social media (like cyberbullying, malicious rumours, stalking, invasion of privacy, obsessing over selling a fake perfect image of ourselves etc). That's why LTS becomes more meaningful and in-character when you're following their lore and know about the connection. But I agree that the song is easily digestible and can be enjoyed perfectly without any link to the lore.

It's just that it's a bit forgettable imo.

yes, that's what i was thinking, I believe there's much more to it

Edited once, last by pamyu-pon: adding quote ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!