Wonyoung's Perfect Visual!

• :eyes: Visual for a reason!!! Her face card is one of da best. Lemme convince you with some gifs and pics!!

Wonyoung - Imgflip  Netizens Gather To Share, Collect And Vote On Their Favorite Jang Wonyoung  GIFs – Bop to K-pop Summer Miracle — Thank you for working hard in IZONE, Wonyoung ♡ Fans discuss which style is better for IVE's Wonyoung | allkpop

Queen!!!

Wonyoung IZ*ONE | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Yep...and the scary thing is that she wasnt even part of the official visual line of Izone. That's how loaded that group was. :pepe-sad:

man they were great!! full of talent and visuals!! I really love chaewon's new look with the bob :pleading:

• Said this before will say it again..she just has something that makes u not able to look away tbh so stunning

She definitely has this ethereal look, like a princess!!!

• I think she could surpass Irene tbh.

She's still very young and has already worked with a lot of big names.

She could get a Nation's Title if she plays her cards right.

truee! so far starship has been promoting IVE well. Wonyoung's popularity has been increasing, and with the right promotions, she will get that title!!

• ultraaviolet

Changed the title of the thread from “Wonyoung's Face Card” to “Wonyoung's Perfect Visual!”.
  • External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wonyoung abs!!

• So I've heard multiple people claim that she's part Taiwanese. I just did a quick Google search, and this site states: "She is part Taiwanese and her name in Chinese is Chang Yuanying (張員瑛)."

Her mom is Korean but her dad is hwagyo, a Chinese-Korean, who was born in Korea but whose parents came from Shandong, China. Because of politics, most hwagyos who came from mainland China have Republic of China (Taiwan) passports even though they might never been to Taiwan.

This is her dad's Chinese restaurant in Seoul.

150402-428f33aa-ce79-4d31-ba72-7e53e774d80a-jpeg

Hwagyos were heavily discriminated against despite running restaurants that created Korea's iconic jajiang noodles dish. This video gives you some understanding of the issues:

This might be why Wonyoung had avoided identifying too much with the Chinese side in Korea. It might affect her career. Hwagyos and Choseonjoks (ethnic Koreans from China) are treated even worse than Chinese from China by Koreans.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Her mom is Korean but her dad is hwagyo, a Chinese-Korean, who was born in Korea but whose parents came from Shandong, China.

Ah thanks for the additional information! Now are you sure it's her mom who's Korean? The KProfiles site actually says the opposite:

"Her father is ethnically Korean but grew up in Taiwan while her mother is part Taiwanese and part Korean."

• Well, mixed-race babies are usually stunning.

• Ah thanks for the additional information! Now are you sure it's her mom who's Korean? The KProfiles site actually says the opposite:

"Her father is ethnically Korean but grew up in Taiwan while her mother is part Taiwanese and part Korean."

Pretty sure. People who know them have been to her dad's restaurant and they said he had never hid that he was Hwagyo but understand why his daughter does not highlight the fact.

His restaurant is authentic Chinese food. It has Chinese characters that state prominently it is Chinese:

IZONE Jangwongyoung Father's Chinese Restaurant
    IZONE Jangwonyoung father's Chinese Restaurant Food Jangwonyoung Father's Chinese Restaurant Information and Foods Images I want to go there
    kpopcelebs.com

Starship actually released Wonyoung Chinese name (Chang Yuanying) to MNET and the press initially. They did this because Koreans (and other East Asians) usually take a patriarchal position where you are what your dad is. Her paternal grandfather was actually the leader of The Overseas Chinese Association (or something like that) in Korea.

BTW, Wonyoung loves her dad and never did anything to reject his heritage and people think it was Wonyoung's family that asked Starship to change the name back to Korean a day after releasing it in Chinese form. They didn't want her to her to be impacted.

• Well, mixed-race babies are usually stunning.

I'm not sure Chinese-Korean babies really qualify as mixed-race.

It would be like calling an Swedish-German baby mixed-race.

I doubt anyone in Korea or China could have figured out she had any foreign blood if they didn't know her background.

• wow, thanks for the information!

• I'm not sure Chinese-Korean babies really qualify as mixed-race.

It would be like calling an Swedish-German baby mixed-race.

I doubt anyone in Korea or China could have figured out she had any foreign blood if they didn't know her background

oh, didnt know that.

• So I've heard multiple people claim that she's part Taiwanese. I just did a quick Google search, and this site states: "She is part Taiwanese and her name in Chinese is Chang Yuanying (張員瑛)."

wow! interesting that some of the most famous kpop visuals are Taiwanese. Tzuyu and Wonyoung!

• wonyoung is the perfect idol for me

Even ive members complimented her so much,i never thought yujin will considered wonyoung is shy yet wonyoung is private person

FWZEy73XoAEBhrk.jpgFWZEy8yWAAEtniD.jpgFWZEy71XoAExol3.jpg

External Content twitter.com

• wonyoung is the perfect idol for me

Even ive members complimented her so much,i never thought yujin will considered wonyoung is shy yet wonyoung is private person

FWZEy73XoAEBhrk.jpgFWZEy8yWAAEtniD.jpgFWZEy71XoAExol3.jpgforum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/222829/forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/222830/

eyy! Wonyoung is really professional! From her facial expression to being hardworking, she honestly is almost always calm and collected! :pleading:

And yujin knew wonyoung from a young age hehe :!:

also have you decided if you want to join the I've guild?, we've gotten our designations eyy! ༒𝔻𝕀𝕍𝔼༒

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!