Well fuck this newyorker journalist and her paved the way article all the way to hell

• please report their account and send emails to SM and newyorker for this piece of shit piece

Serious journalism my ass

This man had a platform which he used openly to advocate for women, LGBTQ, BLM, Israeli occupation of Palestine and more

The way this absolute waste of air call themselves a journalist

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I want to write about Junghyun and his LIFE, music, hos performances, his strugles, the group, his friends and family but no media will buy it.

I guess it’s not click bait enough

A book maybe :pepe-notes:

• wow reading the replies to her tweet, everyone is nicely trying to explain to her why it's wrong.

And she decides to play victim and retweet bunch of incels who defended her.

Truly showing her place and her level

• Is "incels" the go-to insult when you can't find another point to contradict? Is "incel" the new "bitch"?

• Is "incels" the go-to insult when you can't find another point to contradict? Is "incel" the new "bitch"?

Did it personally offend you? Is it a sore spot?

yeah she is a bitch and the crowd cheering on her incels

Happy?

• I am so sorry this keep happening. It's beyond insulting.

• Sit down and have a cuppa. High blood pressure will cut years out of your life.

maybe YOU should sit down and stop being so insensitive over a very sore and touchy heartbreaking subject that you obviously know nothing about. don't be so heartless.

• and based on some screen shot they totally give credit to kpop fans for a political movement in Philippines

How many times can someone screw up in 1 article?

• This was so incredibly unnecessary and badly written.

I've noticed a pattern where a good number of journalists and interviewer, not only in kpop, completely lack any semblance of empathy and tact in the things they write and say. It's like such things are beyond their understanding and they don't see the subjects of their work as people.

• Eh I though the article was interesting and I could see what she was trying to do with the jonghyun thing and mentioning BTS’s campaign for self love and stuff. It was a big news event so

What exactly was she trying to do then? Because it reads to me like she was implying that they started their UNICEF campaign because of his death,when they're completely unrelated. And it's not like Jonghyun didn't speak out about mental health multiple times himself.

• What exactly was she trying to do then? Because it reads to me like she was implying that they started their UNICEF campaign because of his death,when they're completely unrelated. And it's not like Jonghyun didn't speak out about mental health multiple times.

Nah she didn’t imply that at all. I didn’t get that she meant to imply BTS started that because of him. I think she was just highlighting one of the biggest mental health issues that occurred that year with BTS becoming more active and starting to promote self love. But I agree that maybe they could have talked more about BTS own ordeals regarding mental health or the mental health issue in Korea more in general rather than focus on that artists

• Nah she didn’t imply that at all. I didn’t get that she meant to imply BTS started that because of him. I think she was just highlighting one of the biggest mental health issues that occurred that year with BTS becoming more active and starting to promote self love. But I agree that maybe they could have talked more about BTS own ordeals regarding mental health or the mental health issue in Korea more in general rather than focus on that artists

Yeah well then she should have talked about how Jonghyun was the first idol who donated his album profit to unicef and how he was the first idol who opened the discussion toward mental health on but nights.

If it's about Jonghyun then talk about what he did and what he accomplished.

If it's about another group, then don't mention him. It's simple

• Yeah well then she should have talked about how Jonghyun was the first idol who donated his album profit to unicef and how he was the first idol who opened the discussion toward mental health on but nights.

If it's about Jonghyun then talk about what he did and what he accomplished.

If it's about another group, then don't mention him. It's simple

I don’t think it’s really a problem if mentioning him but I think she could have made the transition better. I mean Jonghyuns death didn’t happen in a vacuum and it’s important to talk about it but yeah she didn’t do a very good job.

• I don’t think it’s really a problem if mentioning him but I think she could have made the transition better. I mean Jonghyuns death didn’t happen in a vacuum and it’s important to talk about it but yeah she didn’t do a very good job.

Well ofc it didn't happen in the vacuum

It's OK to talk about it along with his life and his achievements the way his friends and his family do constantly. They hold regular events in his honor where they donate and promote his ideals.

But to just reduce it as a random pointer to someone else's work, that's low very low

• holy fudge

reading through this thread

that journalist was really like Im gonna write bunch of fiction and offensive correlations and call myself a series journalist

she got paid for this? damn hope she didnt waste any money on a journalism degree

• I’m so over these Kpop journalists. They’re disrespectful and disgusting and whenever they’re called out they play a victim card and blame the fandoms on bullying them even though they’re the ones who did wrong

It’s always so sad to see them use jonghyun like this

Not everyone is bad!

But the companies keep giving these ppl access and they never give access to nugu journalists so it’s not gonna change.

They are not worse than sports journalists!

Also they can never win because you can always find fault as a fan. Remember they are not PR!

But

Why do they never ask fans?

• Nah she didn’t imply that at all. I didn’t get that she meant to imply BTS started that because of him. I think she was just highlighting one of the biggest mental health issues that occurred that year with BTS becoming more active and starting to promote self love. But I agree that maybe they could have talked more about BTS own ordeals regarding mental health or the mental health issue in Korea more in general rather than focus on that artists

She could have mentioned Jimins struggle i.e

• Shawols where is the best place to find info on the group etc?

The best fanbases, clubs, twitter, insta, tiktok handles?

:peperun:

I mean what kinda of info are you looking for?

if you look at the quotes on that journalist, shawols have been posting good resources and articles

here is one

What SHINee Taught Me About Grief, Friendship, and Joy
    If all my life I tried to avoid the grief of losing people, then this was what I would miss, the weird, hilarious joy of loving them.
    www.teenvogue.com

• some more good articles on Jonghyun and SHINee

• That one sentence came out of nowhere :huuh:

I think she should remove that part

thats not even the only problem with the article

The whole thing was factually incorrect

They also tried to give credit for a decade long political movement in Philippine to kpop fans which is extremely problematic as journalist

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!