Top 1% singers earn $3 mn income, richest among Korean entertainers

• This data in the article is from 2018 so I doubt SVT are on there

• what about trot singers?

and I think they only counting music here so if some trot guy sold 600k in one week then he probably hella rich in comparison to group members which need to split income not only with agency but also with other members.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think that BB, Hyorin, Jaejoong, PSY and 2ne1 (expect Minzy) are still there... At least different sites mentioned them among reachest even last year.

Except Minzy, hello she has her own dance studio since 2014 not too mention she has her new label, give her some credit, if 2ne1 makes money so does she.

• Yes, ofc... I just wanted to say that she isnt among top 50 or something bc she didnt have as much opportunities and solo work as other members. She lives great for sure through!

Yes she does, sorry for jumping the gun.

• They were but they werent that big yet and had no huge tours/music sales - I would recommend w1 members in their place but Idk about them fully either - its for singers overall so thinking they are all idols is probably not correct

Ur right about W1, I forgot about them.

Top Idols probably earn more than non-idol singers since they have CF deals, of million $ worths, world-wide arena tours, fan merchandise & so on

• You only really mentioning 3rd gen groups, 2nd gen groups like Big Bang and TVXQ probably fall into the highest earning with other 2nd gen groups like super junior, shinee, apink still probably being quite high earners.

This report is from 2018 & Bigbang were in army back then. You might be right about TVXQ

Shinee & Apink are big groups but I doubt they were top 1% earners of 2018. They must've made a hefty amount still

what about trot singers?

and I think they only counting music here so if some trot guy sold 600k in one week then he probably hella rich in comparison to group members which need to split income not only with agency but also with other members.

Idk much about k-trot but u might be right.

add winner and ikon to that to specifically mino and b.i & u can't just assume that the whole group is in the list.
    in NJTTW youtube show with kyukhyun mino show his house 2 house side by side 1 for him 1 for his family but we dont know if he owns it or just rent it .
    and for b.i he dont share the detail but he once reveal with the income from love scenario he can buy 2 foreign car each month.
    the biggest money make is concert but i dont think it's a good year for concert.and it doesn't specifically that the income only come from music activity there's other mean like like business, rent from building they own etc.
    and the majority probably member of 2nd gen group
    gd earn 1.5 million a year just from royalties alone not counting sales from his nike shoes , cf etc . dude can just sit there doing nothing still make million a year . dude living in a 7 million usd penthouse and buy painting that cost 3 million usd. with Bentley,Lamborghini and a Rolls-Royce .

idk about 3rd gen specifics number but they probably more or less around there too.

This report is from 2018 & since LS was released that year too you might be right about BI. iKON also toured that year which makes it even more likely.

Mino probably earns a lot too but definitely not as much as the top 1% idols. Though he has CFs, he doesn't have huge touring power.

I think that BB, Hyorin, Jaejoong, PSY and 2ne1 (expect Minzy) are still there... At least different sites mentioned them among reachest even last year.

This report is about 2018' s earnings so BB, PSY & 2ne1 can't be in as they all were inactive that year. I don't think Hyorin makes that much as she doesn't have big CF deals or touring power.

Idk about Jaejong

• This report is about 2018' s earnings so BB, PSY & 2ne1 can't be in as they all were inactive that year. I don't think Hyorin makes that much as she doesn't have big CF deals or touring power.

Idk about Jaejong

They are actually among 50 reachest kpop idols every year. I was talking about Lee Hyori (misspelled it...) and she had a lot of CF deals. So no matter what year it was, those people were out there. You dont need to be active to earn money.

Edit: Siwon, Yoona, Taeyeon and even Jessica too..

• BP Net Worth is 35M according to Jeff Benjamin and each member is worth 8M.

BTS Net Worth is 100M and most of them are Worth 20M.

Idk how much Twice Net Worth is but I do know it’s a lot and more than Bp.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!