Posts by pchromo4

Bibi's an absolute gem, so glad she's seeing more mainstream success!

still one of the best songs/MVs of 2022

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the past groups would initially gain local recognition first then go global, but YG may change the paradigm. Definitely Fifty Fifty with Cupid showed that local success isn't important to be successful globally, and IU is a good example of local success doesn't necessarily mean international success.

IU is a weird example to use when she's one of the most recognizable and bankable hallyu stars in the industry with some of the highest revenue generation for a soloist.

It's not that companies don't want to chase after another IU, it's that that kind of success is too hard to replicate. From 2nd gen until now, there's been many attempts and not a lot of successes. It's a lot more textbook to go the standard idol group -> international appeal -> touring route.

Regardless, not sure what any of this has to do with digital charting.

even with New Jeans I still don't get the staggered MV/digital track release. I don't see how it's any more beneficial than simply releasing both at the same time as a proper pre-release separate from the album. Unless the MV is to create hype and then you consolidate digital downloads for album charting in the U.S.? but IU is releasing her album on a Tuesday so it's clearly not geared for the west.

"Dear Name" was also labeled as a title track on Palette album, IU just didn't release a MV for it because of deeper reasons (my conspiracy theory is that the song is clearly about the Sewol ferry tragedy but for obvious reasons she can't present that in an MV so she'd rather let the lyrics speak for themselves rather than pretend the song is about something else).

As a fan I wish she had just done 2 proper pre-releases like in Palette era - there's no reason why she couldn't have released both Holssi MV and digital track 2 weeks before the rest of the album (and 2 weeks after LWA) but it's whatever, I'm just excited for new music and I'm sure the mini-album will do well regardless.

I expect one of IU's title to perform "bad" (IU level) actually, just like her last releases, one song is probably going to be considered the main track. Actually I don't even think Hyein's collab is going to chart that good, apart from the initial charting of course, but to keep several songs on top is always complicated. LWA + One of the titles will be the biggest hits, the other title will probably do decently too but that's it. I think that even with the boost the album title should chart above LWA for at least a week though.

I agree with this - even when IU has had multiple title tracks/MVs usually one song stabilizes at the top. For example, "Coin" and "Dear Name" only did so-so (by IU standards). It seems she really wants to give equal attention to multiple songs this time so don't know if that'll still be the case but I also think one title song will outchart LWA for at least a week.

Please be snippets. Doesn't make any sense to have 3 features in a song with 1 min duration

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These have to be previews, there's just no way 3 songs would be exactly 1min.

Im genuinely shocked by IU songs length. I don’t expect her to win Album of the year at the MMA anymore

External Content x.com

I'm almost positive those are preview lengths. Doesn't make sense otherwise why 3 songs are exactly 1 minute.

See, everybody get all work up bc they think she is Jesus

It's not about all the collabs she has but when she choose to do each one

Her lack of female collabs it's already pretty telling

I never said she doesn't choose her collabs wisely. IU is very intentional with her music (and her drama/movie picks). Everything she does has a reason, whether it's for impact, artistic value, or personal taste.

I'm pushing back on your claim that if you're not a trend, she won't collab with you. What trend is Jo Wonsun on the same song that Hyein is on? Please answer the question :)

Absolutely no offense to Hyein because I think she has a lot of potential to blow up when she's older but she's not the most or second-most (or arguably even the third-most) popular member in New Jeans right now.... clearly IU thinks Hyein has something very special and regardless of whether the collab is for personal or professional reasons, let's just trust in IU's vision :pepe-pray: