Posts by emanresu

Thank you! You're an encyclopedia of information!

Jpop is a whole new world I've never explored.

Oh yeah great song and video. I think I remember you showing me this a long time ago. It's groovy and has that dreamy 2000s Korea asthetic. How did you even come across that video since you were only a SNSD fan back in the day?

The girl in Fan is an actress named Lee Eunsung. Don't know anything about her but she is cute as hell in the mv.

Oh I just looked her up and it seems she married the leader of Seo Taiji and Boys.

And I came into that song way late. Like a few years ago. So not at the time haha.

I do not follow GG's so i cannot help you but i'm sure others will be able to. good luck!

I recognize MV a bit, but I can't say I recognize the group. Jpop have hordes of groups like them and hundres of songs sounding like this.

Never heard of them. There are many groups similiar to them and most never really make it. A girl in a video once said when she was interviewed that her former group had a member who worked 3 jobs on the side so she could feed herslef and pay rent cause she earned no money from her job as idol. The girl said it was odd, because each weekend she and her group performed in venues who had mostly cheap or free entrance to the audience and so the only money they made was from photocards being sold or selfies they took and sold, she said she made on average about 21$ a night and due to production costs, her management etc. she only was left with 7$ from it and she explained how many groups she met, even with girls being as young as 12 on these events and almost never a group where she remembered to have seen them before, cause there are just so many that it's no wonder why so many people root for a different artist in Japan with barly ever being multi-fans and if than Japanese people often stan 1-2 famous artists and their local favourite.

If talking about famous groups, than you should rather look at AKB48, SKE48, Hinatazaka46, Sakurakazaka46, Atarashii Gakko, ME:I, NiziU, Tokimemi Sendenbu,... and others like that.

i've seen the MV too but don't follow them, i know they are from an audition show (that i didn't watch) i believe they are backed by the team behind Tokyo Idol Festival so i would say they are relatively popular

Thank you everyone for your help!

It's crazy. I forget how big the Japanese music scene is and that's it's not like Kpop.

I was thinking in kpop terms and like oh they have a pretty professional looking MV I bet they're a big Group they'll be Stans in the Jpop section lol.

Forgot how massive jpop actually is.

But thanks for pointing me on the right direction!

Thanks Chocolate-cheeks for the summary.

And JiminieKookie thanks for the insight into the Jpop idol scene. Sounds like a hard business...

Awesome!

Love the vibe and mood. So much of 1st Gen had this kind of melancholic vibe. Actually mirrored k-dramas of the time as well.

I find so much from this time period so nostalgic and great. Korean media of the 2000s had such a cool mood.

The girl in the MV is really pretty! Wow. Do you know who she is?

This is my entry into this vein to parallel your fav.

My favorite 1st Gen song is of that same period with a similar kind of vibe:

GOD's Pyunji (Letter). Like this it has a young girl in juxtaposition to the guy, though not a saesang relationship. But steeped in that same kind of melancholy and tragedy.

Pyunji stars a young Kim Tae Hee. And is absolute proof of her reputation in her youth as being Korea's most beautiful woman. She's unreal.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At this point maybe eman is the Taiwanese grandma :pepe-notes:

and tzuyu is her granddaughter!!!

No no no I can't be the grandmother! That would be.... awkward lol.. I have a crush!!!

I talk to a real life Taiwanese grandmother.

Grandmothers love Tzuyu.

:siptear:

She will VISIT!!!

And Silly Selfmate!

No one cancel Tzuyu.

She has the Mandate of Heaven.

:happyr: