Posts by the3rdtWin

happy bday yves!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Several of my favorites already been mentions, except 1...

"Bother Me" has had a vice grip on my brain + my feet since it dropped!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I diggs. Nice, groovy, + it made a good starting impression on the ears. It's not one of those explosive songs, but its power comes from the control + coolness it oozes out. Im all here for this.

I listened to the album. Definitely an album fitting of this era. Like the production + their voices so far off 1st listen. I'll definitely be looking out for their future releases.

still got "All my bad unnies, all my hood unnies." stuck in my head + I dont mind it. "Fanci", "Psycho 4 U", + "Future" are the tracks I revisit from them time to time. Im always hoping that these girls get the proper company support they deserve to thrive.

sadly, a creative director isn't in charge of song selections, only overseeing the visual output (group identity, album concepts, fashion, photography, etc) of a group.

that been said, i would like to embrace their "mixx" keyword + tie it to the idea of states of matter: LIQUID, SOLID, GAS. this would give off a mental image of something physical forming before our eyes that could also change from one thing to the next, similar to how their music can change out of one genre to another. At this moment, nothing eluding to lore, but building their identity as a showcase of infinite possibilities within the eyes of 4th generation.

I can tie this in a little deeper + with more clarity, but I got sit, research, + piece some thoughts together so it can make sense.

so far, im here for this. its nearly always a musical twist to their title tracks that makes it intriguing.

Let's see if SME's definition of a "strong" Trap beat is still up to code. Red Velvet has some masterfully good beats in their catalog (i.e. "Dumb Dumb", "Don't You Wait No More", "One of These Nights (De Capo Version)", "Bad Boy", etc.).

I agree. The way they incorporate it works so well. Also, the vocal rhythmic gymnastics that they were doing in "Dont You Wait No More"over that beat... ahhhhhh it still slaps to this very day!

im gonna wait to hear the demo after the official track gets releases so I can compare/constant, but I'm already moved a bit by Bach's + SM's music box version in the Calmato teasers

Can't wait to see how everything comes together. we don't know any of the producers yet, right? Think that LDN Noise Dem Jointz might put a finger in this?

why I feel like we getting Zimzalabimed

Yessss the newest incantation from the ReVe spellbook is coming yall. *prepares my chanting circle* lololol

chuu approves.

you're right. loona been had personality since predebut.

"So What" was the big icebreaker/warning. "PTT" was the omega final form boss battle war call. + somehow, Loona UwU-ing with guns halfway remind me of "Why Not", playful yet still dangerous. Lolol

Compared to the other songs, Aria sounds very cohesive + smooth, aside from 1-2 transitions. I digg it. The other 3 have way more drastic rhythm/melodic changes.

IGAB was my gateway song into kpop almost 8 years ago so it holds alot of weight to me. 1 big reason was that the switching of tempos + sounds made sense for what it was conveyed lyrically + concept wise (different viewpoints + thoughts of infatuation) without it feeling like a gimmick. The music is actually part of the storytelling + not its main selling point.

Next Level (at times) + O.O (currently, need to delve deeper context wise) feels Frankenstein-ish but without a humane soul within. Parts stitched together but with no true genuine spirit in regards to what the song theme represents. So there's almost no reason for how dramatic the song are switching + transitioning other than to say that "we mixed these sounds/songs. WE ARE DIFFERENT."

So, IGAB is still among my favorites when it comes when it comes to these kind of songs. As much as I like interesting + wild takes on music structures, the others just don't sit + settle well to my full enjoyment.

I heard the song in the trailer is produced by Dem Jointz. He has worked a lot with NCT for songs like Sticker, Punch, Cherry bomb, also he recently worked on Girl's on top's Step back. I can tell the general kpop fan will probably not like this song

The moment I heard "INCOMING!!!", I already knew the teaser music would be a polarizing one. I love most of Dem Jointz's productions including the ones you mentioned so this particular one was a vibe I liked. I dont see this being a song, just for this teaser. If more, maybe an intro. Either way, I'll replay it off the instrumental alone. Really would like to know what it's saying tho!

I'm surprised that everyone is relating this to Loona because my Orbit self wasn't thinking about them at all while watching. If anything, the cinematography does feel like a DigiPedi production (the company that films Loona's mvs). However, I didn't see anything of lore or stylistic choice that is more familiar with Loona. If someone could explain what they recognize, it would be greatly appreciated.

That said, it seems like a simple but striking group debut teaser that sets the tone versus starting a storyline. Its is quite alluring to me + makes me intrigued, similar to how IVE's debut 1st teasers were. Even their clothing + demeanor feels more in line with a High Class Chic version of Girl/Teen Crush than any other concept (think Blackpink "Whistle", IVE "Eleven", Everglow "Bon Bon Chocolate"). Much different from the vibrant brightly colored concept spectrum we got from both Twice (girl next door, sweet, cute) + Izty (girl crush, assertive, bold).

Im here for it so far. Feels like they will be in a similar space that IVE is currently in concept-wise. As long as its done in a unique + age appropriate manner (I think the youngest is 15? please correct me if I'm wrong), im down to see what they roll out.

Thoughts + prayers for hoony yall. He tested positive for covid.

External Content twitter.com

I feel bad cuz Hoony seem like he was having a great time getting back into the swing of things with WINNER + social media (if you haven't seen his new tiktok account... HAHAAAH! check it out whenever you need your spirit lifted). but he seem like he only got a mild case + is remaining positive.