Posts by Daneyed

Ngl, I found it a little confusing. I didn’t like perky Itzy songs but loved Loco and Voltage. However it seemed like a lot of fans kept wanting a return to the perky songs, so I figured while I was disappointed, the Dalla Dalla-Wannabe crowd would be happy, but that didn’t seem to happen?

Sneakers doesn't occupy the same kind of perky for me. It's too childish for me. Dalla Dalla and Wannabe are young adult-ish.

I have a distaste towards hearing certain music embellishments and if a group is super mainstream they tend to be followers of annoying music trends, i.e. "rap", weird breakdowns, shrill voices, and etc.

Also, gender norms are starting to really bother me in k-pop. I can't quite pinpoint specific groups, but those that have concepts upholding a strict binary annoy me.

So you are telling me calling Lisa exotic and stating Jisoo as least talented is criticism? :melon_think: plus calling Rose nasal

Lmao you don't know what is criticism then

Okay the first two are pretty bad, but the third is objectively true. Nasality is part of Rose's chosen artistic singing tone. However, you're probably more annoyed that they even mentioned it because it has a negative connotation as bad singing technique. I get that.

Would you have wanted them to dress up her voice as indie-esque or something similar?

Just curious about how people would respond to something I'd imagine is either explicitly or implicitly asked from idols regularly.

After learning about common procedures and what the results look like it is hard to ignore when idols come back with trimmed jawlines, double eyelids, filled faces, and the sudden nose bridge.

A few of those changes could be from weight loss, but that weight loss would be extreme. Having repeated and prolonged weight loss of that level could be much worse on the body than procedures in the long-term.

Including these details to the scenario after some comments:

You are already an established idol and have met other baseline qualifications for the job (singing, dancing, rapping, charisma, etc.) and are presented with this choice as maintenance for your career.

Does this still hang true with any celebrity? Youtubers and other social media influencers have def been blasted for similar techniques of vague apologies.

I listen to both sides and every debate I have watched about this, one of the things Pro-Lifers were advocating for was better sex education, better access to contraceptives, a better adoption system, financial support for low income families, better or free daycare system at college and at work. And overall a better attitude towards mothers in the workforce. And this was something at least in most cases both sides were on one page with. I also thought that this whole Pro-Life thing was just lead by over privileged people who can afford taking care of a child while ignoring others who can’t… but being a parent isn’t what they say a women should become either, (hence better and easier adoption system and Foster Care) . So it was basically eliminate almost all the reasons why someone would decide to do an abortion, so there is no need for it. My first encounters with Pro-Lifers was this blonde who goes around telling people they are sinning and she was just being ignorant and doesn’t care about the mothers…. Until I found people who were sane and there seem to be more of them and many aren’t religious.

Anyway I don’t know if banning it completely is still the better option, I rather give it more restrictions. In Germany for example before your allowed to do an abortion, you will have to go to a 3 days Program called “Pro-Familia” where you will get to talk to social workers and therapists. The goal is to inform women about all the support that is available for them if they carry out the baby. There are even mother-child homes for those who don’t have a place to stay and our government already pays 200€ ($210) every month for every child regardless if you are a couple or single parent until they reach 18 and until 25 if they decide to study or become a trainee..( you also pay less taxes if you have a child)… So after this program you got 3 days to think about it again. And if you still want to do an abortion they will hand out papers you will have to take to your health insurance and they will pay the abortion for you. Without going to “Pro Familia” you are not allowed to do an abortion and if you do it will count as murder. So a better social system is the Key…. I know it won’t be possible for many developing countries, but in a country as rich as America it should be possible.

Your point is interesting and it took me a while to wrap my head around the people who do exist with this mindset. It's definitely a more approachable take than what the fundamentalist anti-abortion folk have.

However, there are major holes in this viewpoint:
    1. It seems like they're forgetting the social systems in America are on the menu to be removed by the party advocating for preventing abortions. Additionally, our social systems are weak compared to other first world countries.

2. The ideal order for their approach is boosting sex education, social programs, and leaving limiting abortion towards the end. If you do the inverse which is happening now there will be an exponentially increasing amount of people who are going to be trapped in the poverty loop. No amount of boosting the aforementioned items will resolve that increase once it happens. That's also ignoring the more vocal and active group of Christian fundamentalists that will be fighting those items to the death.

This debate gives me mixed feelings.

One one hand you have people who believe that live begins at conception and therefore every life deserves to live, which I also believe…and on the other hand you have women who want to decide what to do with their bodies, especially those who got pregnant through extreme situations. I can understand both sides cause i don’t see any of these opinions as morally corrupt.

I would be a bit more generous with the pro-life stance if it was coupled with a drive to teach proper sex education, boost the usage of safe sex tools, and more assistance for low-income families once those babies are born. However, the stance is more that if you were kept ignorant you will be blessed with a child you are forced to carry to term. That's something that will keep you in the lower income threshold as having children when you're not ready is a fatal blow to your life's success chances.

It's meant to keep mainly minority or low socieconomic people in the same place and grow the class for cheap labor. The most effective deterrent for abortions is having people understand the risks of sex and know how to properly use contraceptives. If you ban abortions on an official level, the amount of back-alley or difficult abortions will rise too. The upper classes could skirt some of those difficulties with money but lower classes are likely to be trapped.

Imagine a kpop competition show of lookalikes where they are all styled the same way and compete in an obstacle course? Only the live audience gets to vote on contestants and they'd have to guess who's their bias. Whoever wins the voting before each round gets an advantage for the course of that round.

It's a group of relatively well-known acts but they're all technically unknown