Posts by Daneyed

I liked Alien and Maniac the best. Fever is a solid runner-up. Devil is my least favorite of the album. When he mentioned Kwangya it took several points down for me and it felt the most replaceable.

Something I'm noticing with Aespa lore is that it is hap-hazardously slapped into the works of other SM acts to make the SMCU feel more real. Throwing around vocabulary does not a cinematic universe make. SMCU is lacking extensive backbone material to justify why all these acts are connected. That is difficult to do with them trying to include acts that have extensive careers already.

Honestly, a better method of resolving concerns over historical distortion is through educating the people watching it of the actual events. Either way there is still bias involved because no source is unbiased, but that would do more help than cancelling the drama. Imo, if there were disclaimers over controversial scenes added to describe how they might mimic history it would be a good compromise.

Also, people need to stop touting the "it was proven in court hence it's alright" argument. Legal does not equal ethical, and this controversy is more ethical than it is an open and shut legal one.

Something feels so off about the one on the right. Like the smile was copy pasted on.

It's not just the adjusted teeth, it's the tanner complexion that was added?? Idk why but her teeth on the right have a yellow tinge and the skin has a warmer tone as well.

I never thought her teeth needed fixing and don't even notice it being "off" in the first place.

Omg groups singing about career struggles, loss of passion, menopause, mid-life crises, male pattern baldness would be awesome.

With "forcing" queer identities onto idols (not considering shipping at all), I think there's an overlap of thinking that goes into it.

The first is the idea that only the gays support the gays. Still prevalent in lots of areas in the world where straight allyship is rare/nonexistent.

The second is that rarely do people want to support those who would harm them or don't understand them. Hence, assuming they're gay/queer means their support might seem more sincere (typically good straight allies are hard to find even in supportive communities).

The third is the taboo aspects of the topic encourage those who are marginalized to find it even more appealing.

Does my logic make sense?

Wait lol, isn't that Kim Donghan, not Yohan? Same group but different people.

Dessert slaps

:whatb::whatb::whatb: im more confused by this than by ur inital post

Sorry, I'm trying my best lol. It's been a while since I've tried writing about such concepts. Maybe it would be better for you to look up a few sources. I'm just a stranger who was taught about the concept in school years ago and is trying to brush up on the subject matter. I do know that reducing the female gaze to what is visually attractive to women is wrong though.

Edit: Oh! Something you can do is talking to someone that has studied feminist theory and they would explain it much better than I can.

yes. I was ready to search for pictures of female idols having fun here.

so if i told you to post a pic of your fave artist which feels like its meant for the female gaze, what would u post?

To answer tetetete, I think what xoxoshawol suggested is along the lines of what I might post. Honestly, that would be hard to find for me. I'm mostly engaged with groups to the level of their promoted material, and that's more centered on the male gaze.

Something that comes to mind might be the show(Mom is an Idol?) where older female idols are showing off their performance skills even after making their choice to raise a family. It validates their life path choices even if it contradicts the traditional woman image.

I’m sorry I have no idea what you wrote here.

The male gaze equates females to props for pleasure, whether sexual, emotional, etc. The female gaze is a rejection of that and allows women and other genders who are usually excluded to be people who choose their own paths in life. They are active participants in their choices and are not just there for the viewers to gawk at.

why is the sexualization of men a negative interpretation of the female gaze? :pepe-notes::pepe-notes::pepe-notes:

I have no idea what that post said. None of the pictures here are objectifying. If it makes them uncomfortable that soft features, tattoos and men showing emotions is what women find attractive that’s for them to deal with.

My fault for not being clear. At the time of my post, there were mainly posts of sexy men lol. Those can be fine, but narrowly reducing the female gaze to just what females find attractive visually can be objectifying. If the points of attraction are aesthetics only, how can it not be objectifying?
    Doesn't part of the attraction come from how the idols treat their fans as people rather than the mistreatment of women in society?

The posts in this thread have been more sexualization of men= female gaze. Apparently that's more of a negative interpretation of the female gaze.

I had to refresh myself on what it means(Bless Wikipedia lol), but the female gaze is the counter to the fetishization and voyeuristic nature of the male gaze. It's more about portraying the women involved as people with individual control over what they want to do.

Additionally, just bec it's part of feminism doesn't mean it is strictly about women, as it is a positive viewpoint for all representation.

Edit for clarity: Yes, the female gaze is partly what women find attractive. However, it's beyond the visuals and more about how those people treat women (and nb and other genders in general). If you have a hot misogynist, would that be part of the female gaze? Take into consideration how boy groups treat their female fans as people (or at least perform like they do) and consider how women's needs and motivations are more easily discarded by society.

Wow, that sucks for Jamie. I can't imagine what it feels like to be called a derogatory term by a "friend" to his mass amount of followers. I don't know her background well, but it would hurt more based on what I learned about her struggles with her image and body perception. What Jae said can't be considered a joke. The other party needs to be in on a "joke" of just insulting them. There wasn't any insider euphemism or clever twist, he just insulted her and laughed his butt off.

One-sided attacks are not jokes.

Especially worrisome is he's 29?!? I thought he sounded like a pre-teen at best with his attitude.

Agreed, this is definitely just stuff you talk about with your friends. Why he felt the need to put this out on a mfing Vlive i'll never know. 리굿;

Lol this is the kind of stuff that romanticized fans would be forgetting when they want to get "a glimpse" into their idols private lives. One thinks: Scandalous romances. One gets: petty tea lmao

Would make a great meme