Posts by Karl-III

This was BTS before autoplay became a thing

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know y’all like to troll but at least don’t lie blatantly like that

All English singles and at the time when Scooter Braun joined them. What did you want to show with this?

BTS haven't had a comeback for 2 years but they are gaining monthly listeners on Spotify.

Their recent Twitter post has 1.4m likes. I would be more surprised if they're not getting streams.. :pepestare:

Is Twitter such an objective indicator of popularity? The very fact that they are only good on Spotify already says a lot, it certainly doesn’t mean their organic popularity. Their popularity is simply inflated by Spotify, just like other Hybe bands.

This only applies to the newer ggs; they don't do shit for EN-, TXT, BND, &Team, or SVT. BTS never needed autoplay.

BTS is the basis of autoplay. There is no need to flatter yourself with hopes that they have organic streaming, this is a Bang group and obviously he will promote it by any means.

Lately they've been showing results exclusively on Spotify. Sometimes on other platforms, but the base is always Spotify.

How can you respect people with complete complexes? They simply have an incredibly inflated sense of self-importance, which is why they just talk every day about some of the group’s achievements, if they don’t tell others, it’s a waste of a day, as a bonus, the most aggressive fandom is capable of attacking even BTS artists. As a result, they are simply not worth much in real life, so they try their best to realize themselves on the Internet against the backdrop of the fanaticism of artists; such people do not evoke sympathy.

Are they serious? Dispatch works closely with Hybe and this company constantly exposes relationships between idols to the detriment of groups. It's no secret that the hate against Karina was planned by Hybe to undermine aespa's comeback :boompepe:

Now you're just speaking nonsense, did you even look at Magnetic YT views and YT music stable numbers? At this point drop your delusional trolling bro.

:pepefacepalm:

I showed the results of Magnetic in the first 24h on YouTube, and there were something like 8 million views with 100 thousand likes, and a few comments.

I will even say that even before their debut, Hybe tried to promote them with their own money, for example, for some reason they sent them to fashion week, although they did not represent anyone at all and were non-names. People who think they didn't use payola are ridiculous. :pepe-cringe:

You must be living in your own world then Karl, Magnetic teasers pretty music viral in every platform before release, and the only release with that pre-vitality this year, trust me. Aespa definitely has the same promotion on Spotify with Supernova as Easy, Sheesh, How Sweet etc. IDK why you are only bothered by Hybe promotion and marketing for their artists similar to western industry, get on with times, and maybe your faves are not getting that resources, but it's not on Hybe...idg.

Katseye is a western girl group, their promotion be different from what we used to by Hybe America and Geffen.

:pepe-tinfoil-hat::pepepizza:

She was never viral before her debut, I’ll even say more after her debut she still wasn’t viral, only a week after her debut she started going viral on TikTok and then it wasn’t at the same level of virality as Cupid. Therefore, you are talking some kind of nonsense, its indicators are exclusively payola and the number of streams on Spotify is simply ridiculous for such a group, which had the popularity of carbon copies of NewJeans. Imagine they received the title of carbon copy, even before the MHJ press conference, so your fantasies about virality and honesty are simply ridiculous when there are results. Even on YouTube with their MV the results were not so good, reminiscent of the case with TWS where they are popular exclusively on the chart chart and nowhere else.

Plz be seated, as we have been waiting for a next western global powerhouse for a while now.

If their teasers or music get viral, of course they will pull in the numbers. Illit didn't get 2.5m stream on its first day, it was a gradual rise as Magnetic teasers went pre-viral before the release. Hybe did great with their marketing after Magnetic release and now the song is a huge hit.

:pepe-shrug:

What are you even saying, the magnetic teaser never went viral, RU Next was a failed music show, which was later criticized, moreover, Hybe chose the line-up himself, and Illit was in a wave of hate. Nevertheless, this nougat group produced the results of the first day of Aespa's latest comeback. If you are blind and don't see payola, I feel sorry for you.

Most likely the same will happen with Katseye, they will release a mediocre track with the help of payola, bring it to the top of the charts, and then with the help of radio stations, shopping centers, etc. who use Spotify playlists will be similar to Illit.

I somewhat agree. I understand why some might think K-pop would thrive without BTS. Many believed that BTS's global breakthrough would lead to numerous similar successes for other K-pop groups. However, this hasn't been the case, as it's now 2024, and no group has surpassed BTS's 2018 success after eight years.

I'm more curious about whether K-pop would have achieved a global breakthrough without BTS, especially considering the Red Sun scandal gaining international attention.

Regardless, BTS has brought significant intangible changes to K-pop beyond just hype. These include improvements in album distribution, the inclusion of K-pop categories in Western shows, and advancements in social media promotion, creating a whole new market for K-pop.

First of all, all ARMYs should kiss the feet of Scooter Braun who was the one who brought BTS to the world level, this is actually the only thing that BangPD did for the success of BTS. Without entering Spotify, this group would be nothing, but thanks to Scooter we have what we have, and not because they are talented or the like. There are a lot of groups that are simply superior to BTS in all respects, but they don’t have Scooter Braun, who brought not only BTS, but also other American artists to the top. :pepe-use-head:

Well, of course it’s funny to hear that Korea needs BTS when Korea needs Hybe as one of the large companies that pays taxes. If Hybe finds a financial replacement for BTS, even with the help of 5 groups, then Korea will definitely not lose by throwing BTS out onto the street.

BTS gave nothing to K-pop, absolutely nothing. They have become popular, but not the genre; in the world almost all K-pop groups are still unknown, with the exception of only a couple of groups. But what we have, K-pop has turned into pop from AliExpress thanks to BTS, groups are now chasing not quality, but streaming in the charts, for Korea the contribution is only from a financial point of view, from the point of view of prestige, the status of Korea has not changed at all, because jumping boys have no effect on this. What kind of positive contribution are we talking about when it is negative for the industry?

;judgingpepe: