Posts by amico

They should have gone with Skip Skip as their debut TT especially after their two predebuts. It would have been huge even if it may be a generic to some. RBW messed up with this honestly, I like ponzona a lot and I hope it's successful but when your competition is Itzy, Aespa, Bhngg , YGngg etc. you have to try and come out with a bang like Gidle & Everglow.

Anyway their potential is something else though, a complete group and one of my favorites currently.

4th gen is going to be a bloodbath honestly, so much potential. I really liked this track and it show cases their strengths.

Yuki is going to be a really good rapper and a big stan attractor, Swan & Na Goeun continue to show they are the next vocal powerhouses for GGs in the 4th gen. Dosie will be such a stan attractor, she's looking like the ace and can absolutely hold her own in every single aspect. Chaein, Ireh and Ji eun are really good although they weren't given much on this song, Jieun stood out on her parts. Chaein is another 'Ace' she has everything and Ireh might be their best dancer but I like her voice, would love to hear more from her. Dosie, Ireh, Chaein and Na Goeun have a really good command of the stage. Swan surprised me too.

The MV felt more like a performance video, disappointed in RBW for not going all out but the concept was interesting and I took note of what RBW is trying to do with their individual branding(I love it).

The song was great but as with most "Big"(I know they aren't the Big 4 level) labels I feel they lack in comparison with the best debuts this 4th gen imo, the song isn't La vie en rose, Latata or Bon bon chocolat level which doesn't enable them come out strong and capture the audience. It did a better job in showcasing their talents than Black mamba, So bad, Dallas Dalla etc... but those three were better as Title tracks and debut TT to gain fans but hopefully they gain a lot of fans since they released a really good EP.

As a song Ponzona's chorus is catchy and the members were able to display their strengths and there is nothing much to complain about. It was a very good track just lacks as a TT. I wish them the best and obviously they have made me a fan and are up there with (G)-Idle and Everglow as my favorite 4th gen GGs currently.

I don't like the choreo for OTG but that's just because I think the song doesn't need one so it looks out of place but other than that she did good for her first solo stage.

I like the gone performance, she came through with her vocals and carried herself well. She'll only improve from here as she gets comfortable with her solo stages

I'm certainly not satisfied(I like gone alot though) as they got too little tracks to truly show their potential but they both did great, though I'll like to hear another Jennie song since I wasn't a fan of Solo.

Lisa I expect some safe "hip hop" or Edm track from YGE/Teddy but I hope not. I would like hearing her in a "HipHop"/RnB mix type of track(something like Tinashe's "C'est la vie"/"Company" or Rihanna's "Desperado"/"Needed Me" or Doja's "Streets") ultimately I wish she gets 2 or 3 songs to really show herself.

Jisoo I'm not really sure what to expect, I'll like a Ballad or RnB track or a pop track co-written by Dua if she can pull it off for her but hopefully she also gets 2 or 3 songs.

Since OTG is in English I'm able to understand what Rosé is trying to convey and she has done a great job delivering with her vocal but I think they played it too safe imo. It's different from what BP does but still follows the empty chorus.

With that said Solo is the better single by far and does a better Job as the title track but I can see myself playing OTG (I think OTG passes it a bit but both are safe imo and I'm not a fan of the two) more, I'll say I enjoy it more but it's not title track worthy. Gone is the best release from the 3 and imo should have been the TT. I think she should have gotten 4 songs though.

Yes, Gone imo could have worked better as the TT. If this was a 6 track EP, I could see 'On the ground' being a sleeper B-side, I like that it was "experimental" but honestly this seems like one of those songs where a prominent DJ/Producer features the singer.

Anyway Rosé did really good, wish she got more songs.

Answering the headline, No. Americans won't change their perception of a Kpop by listening to a song that will likely be majorly in English, if anything any major success in the US will help Rosé greatly and maybe blackpink(mostly Rosé). Can it increase the awareness of Kpop idols/artists? Personally I don't think so but maybe. Unless songs that are sang in Korean are chart toppers(like Latin songs) consistently, it will be extremely difficult to change the perception as it's still two different cultures and languages ultimately.

'Can We Talk Again?' easily, it is an original song and in my opinion one of the best K-pop song released this year. Forever was decent in showcasing their vocals but the song is boring and not for me. Also Swan, Chaein and Goeun sound way more polished (+Yuki's rapping!) as a user mentioned than Ning Ning, Karina, Giselle(love her voice) & Winter. Both groups are great with immense potential and I can't wait to see what they do in the future(in 5 days for Purple Kiss).

It's funny I am being labeled a troll just for sharing my opinion about my own BP bias. I happen to be a huge fan of Lisa, please don't judge me based on my FAIR criticisms of my own bias.

You can admire and like a person without thinking everything they do is perfect and expecting rainbows and gold to come out of their asses. It's called having a balanced view and not having blind faith.

That I said, I have my doubts, and like I said, I hope I am proven wrong with regards to her solo. I obviously want her to do well, and I know she can sing. But I think it's fair to say that the expectations are really high, hence my apprehension.

I think the expectations are high(the highest) on the performance of the song(charts(internationally), sales etc.) based on how people view her solo fan/stan base.

If anything from what I have seen she has the lowest(Rosé has the highest from what I see) expectation on the song(s) especially when a good number of people are predicting it will be a "dance" track or "rap" track for Lisa which I hope it wouldn't but hope any song that will be released will subvert anyone's expectations that are low. I would like to hear her taking on a Hip-hop/Rnb type track but then again I wish she has more than one song so she can experiment with more genres if YGE decides to play safe on the Title track sigh.

Anyway don't worry about her carrying a song, she's surrounded by experienced professionals to fit it with her strengths. Cardi is one of the most successful artists(different markets and consumers I know) and she's not known to be a good or decent vocalist and she has good writers(allegedly) who cater to her strengths so don't put too much concern on her carrying a song lool.

I thinks its an alt of that troll. Both scream ot3 vibes. She can write on her own too btw

Yeah I definitely see her participating creatively, just not sure YGE will let her write on her own solo especially if it(the verse) is going to be in English. Which I don't get why they don't let them write in the language of their comfort and then translate & tweak it if needed.

Pardon the negativity, but the expectation for Lisa's solo is so high, I frankly don't even know if she'll be able to deliver. I know the music video will get a bajillion views, but I'm nervous whether she can carry an entire song by herself. Of course, more than happy to be proven wrong! It's going to be a danceable song, that's a given, you know she is going to dance her pants off. If she can incorporate viral choreography, even better.

Rose's pre-sales are doing really well, but she also has a huge fanbase, so not surprising at all. I just wish they spaced out the releases better so Rose can have her time to shine. We are already seeing the fanwars, sigh.

I have seen that point a lot but I think that has to be one of the most unnecessary point of concern no offense. She doesn't have to be a strong vocalist to carry an entire song, that's what the producers and writers are there for, they'll make it to fit her and she is generally decent(I really enjoy hearing her sing) with her vocal even if the general consensus says she's weak. If there is any worry it should be the genre of what YG will put out especially if they make her rap without hiring a good writer(Current writers are not good) since people will not overlook her being weak lyrically on her solo.

First of all, isn't it just a single(I think they should all get 4 songs each tbh) she's getting like Jennie? Also difficult to predict, YGE not promoting her at all in SoKor or Thailand may come back to bite them especially with them fully leaning on the Chinese base because it's only so much the Cbars can do.

Also unlike Rosé who is the main vocalist and has been having a solo highly anticipated for 2 years+, Lisa's solo is unpredictable in a way because we have no idea what YGE will do since she isn't known for her vocals. If they go the "hip-hop" route it will almost be a guaranteed Fandom driven path to success unless it's something like 'kick it'? So a lot of variables honestly.

I hope it'll be an overwhelming success and the song will be great since she's the one I'll say to be my bias if I did stan groups but honestly there's a lot of doubt. I remember seeing a tweet where someone wrote Lisa's solo might be like a BG release where it's mainly Fandom driven than GP success and it may be true but I hope for it to gain GP love but I think if it's also a single album it'll definitely sell well but my expectations aren't as unrealistic but I can't give a number till it's officially announced and teasers start dropping, although I honestly won't be surprised if Rosé outperforms her since the SoKor GP love her voice.

I know this may be a troll thread but Eye test, Lisa is better and the gap isn't close at all.

Rosé is really good though especially for someone that started training in her teenage years but watching a lot of their footage(especially some where Rosé is praised by the fandom) she looks awkward a lot of times and that might be due to her long arms, she also compensates for the gap in skill with the energy which tends to make her "over-dance".

I'm not saying Lisa is perfect because she too has her flaws but if LiliDance is the sample, she's actually getting better with every video. Even in the infamous HYLT performance where a good number of people have voiced that it was Rosé who seemed like the main dancer, I don't agree infact that was one of the few cases that showed the gap in their skill/technique. Lisa was near flawless in that performance only critic there was the energy used but understandable if she had used a similar energy input as Rosé she likely overshadows all of them a lot.

My only critic with Lisa will just be wanting to see her taking on more styles that could help in working on those "fluidity" issues someone mentioned earlier, Rosé and Lisa(Jennie and Jisoo too but Rosé and Lisa's cases are clearer) are in a similar situation imo in which they are uniquely skilled/talented in their main abilities(Singing with Rosé's vocal color and Lisa's dancing ability with how she almost perfectly executes any dance she wants and her control level making it look easy) but YGE has no experience in training their talents(Their history lies more in "hip-hop") from what I see so that shows.