Posts by amico

A lot of misinformation here. Just a quick search on the US cdc (https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru…tizens-US-air-travel.html) will show she should be eligible to travel there unless she used an unacceptable vaccine.

Also for traveling what matters is the location the individual was within the last 14 days to a month, therefore her Thai citizenship shouldn't affect her since she has been in South Korea/France. Although I'm not certain but I also don't think she'll need to quarantine (if Jennie and Rosé didn't need to) if she's fully vaccinated and has a negative pcr test since she has been in SoKor for the last 14 days.

Now there might be other reasons of her not traveling to the US that are unknown to us but that's left to YG and her. Anyway, I think it's best to wait before making assumptions on the reason she may not be attending if true. I doubt any official statement has been put out on her being unavailable for the event and also her upcoming schedule isn't known yet.

Gagnam style was probably my first introduction to Kpop (although there are some songs I heard through music TV channels about 7-12 years ago but only found out it was Kpop last year).

My first proper introduction into kpop is Sour Candy(put me on too BP and I followed Lisa on ig but didn't check their music till HYLT promo from Lisa's IG) - - - > HYLT (decided to check out their discography and kpop in general).

Kpop market is bigger, streaming is the primary method of music consumption currently and the role of Social Media (virality) shouldn't be underestimated. The pandemic has also been a big catalyst for Kpop too.

I don't know if they are stronger but they have more visibility (Rollin' being one of the biggest song in SoKor this year while it was released more than 3 years ago is an evidence of that) than the previous generations due to the points I mentioned previously.

You can't really compare them, it's like comparing YouTube (or Spotify streams) views currently to views of the previous generations it just won't be accurate because of how different the industry is/was.

I'll say though, more companies might be willing to invest in groups since the market size has grown and the possibility of carving out a niche (dreamcatcher? ) or sizable fandom is higher so that can also be another reason you get to see groups from smaller companies getting more comebacks this year and as someone mentioned the 4th Gen top groups haven't been solidified yet so everyone is scrambling before the big companies come in.

Some of y’all were complaining that YG doesn’t allow her to fly to Thailand… now you don’t want her to go because of the Covid issues they still have…. Which is interesting, cause when I mentioned it as a possible reason why she hasn’t been to Thailand since Covid I was told making excuses…………

From what I have seen, this seems more about the public reception from Thai citizens.

We all knew the controversy regarding Lisa not speaking up during the protests last year and now she's rumored to make a public appearance sponsored by the government who currently seem to be mishandling the vaccine situation reported by news outlet and Thai citizens on social networks, that's not an ideal situation to want Lisa getting involved with. It's different if she is going for a personal visit.

We'll see what happens though, it just seems ignorant and stupid of her to go if the reports are true but I'm not Thai so I don't know the severity of a potential backlash if the reports are confirmed.

I don't know lol, will have to give it more spins. First listen it sounds all over the place but good vocal showing although some seem unnecessary. The beat is also not as catchy as NL was at first listen but might surprise in chart performance.

It also has to do with marketing imo. I think the pandemic messed up Yuehua's plans cause from my perspective they were trying to push them into the "western" Kpop market especially with the NA tour but due to the pandemic plans were cut and I guess they had to focus on Korea.

That said, Yuehua are horrible at marketing everglow. They only have Sihyeon being pushed as an MC in Kr while the others do nothing when they actually have Yiren who can be pushed in China. They are taking a big 4 approach with Everglow when they are a nugu level company in Korea even with all their resources. If EG were from any of the big 4, their approach would have easily worked with how solid (top 3 imo) their Discography is among 4th gen GGs and well rounded they are as a group.

It's so bizarre a group that arguably has 3 top tier level (Subjective) visuals in Sihyeon, Aisha and Yiren; two Ace level talents in E:U and Mia can't even utilize that to their advantage. Also they need to make a decision and start pushing them fully in either one of China, KR or the "West" (start with those generic YouTube channels every Kpop idol goes to when promoting to the English market) or all three.

Anyway I think it mainly is caused by the marketing and promotion of EG. If you aren't from the Big 4, you have to take the approach of carving out a niche market (monsta x & dream catcher), pushing members through variety content to get the Korean gp to follow (OMG, StayC) or going viral (Brave girls, Loona with the meme virality). Ofcourse there are cases of groups breaking through solely based on their music ((G)-Idle, Mamamoo(?)) but they still put in the effort to maintain it through promotions and marketing.

They are back! I love the choreo and the MV was shot well although maybe some background choices could have been better.

Song is alright on first listen, I like it. The Aisha x EU (She's definitely a top 3 idol rapper in 4th gen GG) rap was good! Sihyeon came through on her part, Onda finally got a dance break, Yiren did good on her parts and my girl Mia impresses as always. Time to listen to the other songs.

It's a decent song, I guess the beat switch was aiming for something like sicko mode but it definitely missed the mark. The girls came through on their parts, I liked Giselle on the rap parts and winter's parts after the switch.

It was a bit weird having Karina and Giselle both split the rap since they have been heavily pushing Giselle as the 'rapper' and it definitely seems Giselle is the 'rapper but I just felt like she got cut off when she was in her zone after the switch.

The beat switch wasn't it though, should have just given them 2 songs.

This will be a grower but might have a polarizing reception, I like the song for what it's trying to do. The MV was really good and I liked the choreo.

Will watch it later but from the comments and snippets I have seen, I'm not surprised about what the members are saying.

I never saw so much "hostility" against arguably the most talented member of a group as I saw with the Mia situation, it is/was so absurd she went from having the top 3 most watched and liked fan cams/tweets to the bottom 2 and what made it disheartening was it came from a part of her fan base and a lot of antis.

I understood about the line distribution even though my opinion is doing what gives the best music even if it means an unfair distribution sometimes but it was something else seeing a strong pushback against the Main Singer & (joint)Main Dancer which led to the development of solo stans/akgaes situation.

I'm glad things seem to be getting better like Onda getting more shine and their line distribution getting "fairer" but I hope Mia never loses her confidence but Yueha needs to protect them better.

I absolutely love this and SM pulled out the damn budget. This is amazing!! My only question left is how will the music fit into all these or meet the expectations of such concept? This honestly might potentially be bigger than the music but I'm certainly interested to see what SM has in store.