Posts by amico

The problem is, some people search for flaws in idols. Nobody said they are perfect, of course they are not. Sometimes better at some things, other times a little less good at some things, it's normal, they are humans.

When seeing how they put so much effort into something new and different, they should be encouraged. (especially when overall it is good, charismatic and entertaining)

I like the combo of Lisa singing and rapping, i think it would be nice if she does her solo song in this kind of manner.

This! I think that's where her solo direction should be at. She doesn't have to be a great singer to have hits or make amazing songs. She just needs to know how to utilize her voice(see You never know/Sour candy/KAMU). I still think she could have a Rihanna-like(not comparing them before the pitchforks come out) solo career if done right, not a great singer by the general consensus(her singing has been heavily criticized also) but releases hits and great to amazing songs. She just has to find her pocket and maximize it.

I'm not even sure why people always takes these things too serious lool. She has not been properly trained as a singer(also a "sub-vocalist" who "raps" almost all the time) and you expect her to blow it out the park? Infact the main part of the cover was the rap imo which sounded decent(also rumored to have written her verse which was okay) especially her flow and the performance was really good. Nobody complained about her vocal parts in dkwtd or sour candy as they were in her range and she sounded good there so it's just about the song choice imo.

Anyway I hope she keeps trying new things and challenging herself, a song being out of her range shouldn't stop her from covering it if she feels confident enough. I see quite a few saying she should have just "danced" or "stick to rapping" but I don't agree, I'm happy she's trying out vocal heavy songs with the right song in her range she'll do fine if not great. This is just a case of covering the wrong song and it shows she probably hasn't been trained in singing, hopefully she gets some vocal training now that her solo is about to come out especially if she will like to keep exploring with her vocals.

I did expect a lot with the SM hype on here and the initial marketing but the debut was underwhelming, glad they had some success cause I thought it would be way worse than what they achieved after hearing the song.

Anyway they have a huge future ahead of them and with SM, I don't see them failing music wise.

agree with the jungkook

but its not like lisa cant hold a tune she has a really pretty voice

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love Lisa's voice from what I have heard so far and I also think it's overlooked at how she is able to sing with her "pretty, cute" tone and then switch to a lower(deeper) tone like in K.A.M.U(I think she might have been able to sing Dua's part from the tone perspective cause they were almost similar) and when she raps. That's why I said "training" as I think YG probably never developed her vocal side since she's the one that raps and I see people say she has the weakest vocals (I guess technique wise) in the group.

It's quite difficult for any Kpop artists currently but from these two it's Jungkook currently.

Jungkook mainly because he is a vocalist so it's easier for them to push pop songs especially if he keeps improving in his English proficiency and he has ARMY and his solo fans so he probably has the best chance and highest breakthrough potential currently.

Lisa has potential too and she's my favorite but unless she sings it will prove difficult as rapping would not help her break into the market without the support of the Hip-hop community. YG or her personally should start vocal training(especially her lower tone that she used in K.A.M.U) if they aim to push here solo in the west., She just needs to get to atleast Rihanna's level in singing (Also has to be influential though in fashion and pop culture) and with the right (Not some of these struggle writers Kpop companies use) production team she may breakthrough there and get hits.