Posts by oddol

anyways i`m not trying to discredit IU, just wanting for ppl to understand what a peak BoA truly had she was insanely huge during her peak and IU is doing amazing for so long just don`t think her peak can really compare to BoA.. but because of different gens it is harder to compare so some ppl will see things differently i understand let`s just leave it at that

you clearly don't know what a peak is. the peak is the highest point after that you go down and can't top that peak. which clearly didn't happen since through the night is arguably bigger than both. and, especially speaking about her public image, the whole palette era is surely bigger than 2011 iu and still growing

it helps IU a lot how much kpop has grown especially with stuff like sales, even collabing with Suga helped her a lot with gaining new fans.. on another side kpop in Korea has become less popular there really isn`t that much competiton at the top where she is so it`s much easier for her to dominate in digitals with songs like Blueming, BiBi, Celebrity i mean they are nice songs but in the past when kpop was peaking in Korea she would never do as well as she is doing now that`s why i`m saying Good Day and You and I were her peak not when it comes to stats but her impact like u could legit feel what hits those were her newer songs do great but they don`t have that impact it`s IU and Korea listnes

yeah yeah, if my grandma had wheels she would be a wheelbarrow...

And even then, it is the Most Popular Award and not lifetime.

you're not understanding. it's not a popular award, it's a special award with the word popular in the name.

Popularity awards are won through a voting process. and the ,supposedly, lifetime part is because they showed her whole career before giving her that award. which,does not happen in normal cases but happens when being given lifetime awards...

IU is the Senior Singer not because of any awards, but in Korean culture she is the Sunbaenim from 2nd gen, due to her debut, even if her age is of 3rd gen.

whynock says a lot of wrong thing lol but what he means here is that regardless of her senority she's even more senior( she's more important?) since she's been given a lifetime award

I asked WhyKnock which of the two 2014 awards he/she implies and got no answer, so went with the the regular category award and not the special case.

why would you even go for the regular one lol. a lifetime award is not a regular award

but i guess it's up to your interpretation :wellr:

MAMA and it's messes is an entire whole story by itself and IU is not the only case.

never said she was the only case and this doesn't change the point. still she was undeniably robbed. 2014 was arugably one of her biggest years, friday nslocb and a flower bookmark she should have being given Aroty and went away with an alleged lifetime award not even called like that.

no wonder she never showed up again lmao :cryingr:

And weird that MAMA itself does not name the award so.

And as I mentioned, 2014 was neither the first time nor the last time, IU received that MAMA award. So what is your insistence with 2014.

Then again IU is not the only person who has got the award, even Chungha has, then why is she not the senior singer?

"the most popular vocalist" was given only to IU and to no one else, neither before nor after. and not to side with whynock (lol) but they indeed showed a best of of her career until that point.

anway lifetime award or not it was just a shitty move from MAMA not to give her the daesang she daseved so... :starec:

IU is definitely winning a daesang at MMA & GDA with 'Celebrity'. It'll be difficult to have a bigger hit than that in 2021.

But I hope k-pop fans stop with this "cumulative ULs" thing. Melon's Wikipedia page also has something related to this as an achievement or record which is dumb. Unique listeners are unique. Calculating cumulative stats using them is not logical.

it's not a fan thing lmao

these are unfiltered streams. those that melon sends to gaon...

But half of BTS is one song lol. Without Dyna, BTS would only have like 12 weeks at #1. This sounds more like a 1 hit wonder than a true TOP digimon. BB has been consistent from start to finish. Their first number one came before 2010 and Gaon Digitals, and their last #1 came like 10 years after they debuted. They literally ended on top.

a suggestion: if you want to be taken seriously try not to sound so salty and biased lol

you gain 1 point saying half the weeks are dynamite (which we can still discuss on) and lose 1000 with yours stupid hot takes on their relevancy with the gp. "one hit wonder" lmao. you just sound like a troll

The usuals, if you mean non-kpop then Ariana Grande, Meghan Thee Stallion, Justin Bieber, Cardi B, The Weeknd, Taylor Swift. But if you mean non-kpop, it is pretty much BTS and Blackpink. I have heard NCT, Ateez and others coming for interviews. But the general public does not really know much about kpop other than BTS and Blackpink. But if they are a kpop fan then yes. But general public no.

exactly, they don't really care about kpop. that's why i think the girl in the video meant popular 'among those who listen kpop here'

so whoever counted this date as a win made it up lol? ?(

• The graphic credits the win for "Not Spring, Love, or Cherry Blossoms" to IU, while I believe it is more appropriately credited to High4.

High4 (hangul: 하이포; stylized as HIGH4) was a South Korean boy band under the management of N.A.P Entertainment. The group consisted of members Alex, Myunghan, and Youngjun. They officially debuted into the Korean entertainment industry on April 8, 2014 with the song "Not Spring, Love, or Cherry Blossoms" featuring IU.

it's not a feature. even on melon and the other platforms the single credits both high4 and iu as the main artists

Surprised Peaches is #4 on Melon but #22 on Gaon....the discrepancy :sweatr1: I think it's probably because of the IU bsides clogging up the charts, he'd be around #17 without all the bsides, which is still a huge gap.

I think at this point, it's painfully obvious which songs are being manipulated by fandoms and which songs aren't. Just look at Lim Youngwoong who is still top #5 on Gaon, #1 on Downloads Chart, but out of top 50 on streaming. Same issue with Bambi.

it's because last week he wasn't this high. he grew a lot this week