Posts by thinkact

Their music isn’t always my cup of tea but when I really really like songs from other groups, I frequently wish I could hear exo sing it because I think they have some of the best voices and combination of voices. Kyungsoo’s tone alone is perfection. Then add Baekhyun, Chen and even the not official main vocalists like Xiumin and Suho etc.

And fwiw, I think they’re also the only idol group I know which have members occupying the top tier in singing (Chen, baekhyun), acting (Kyungsoo), fashion (Kai) and if Lay is still considered part of the group, producing (Lay is an award-winning producer in china, and is more decorated as a producer and songwriter than some other famous “idol producers/song-writers”. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…ons_received_by_Lay_Zhang ).

He likes to act super confident but I like how when people genuinely praise him he gets all nahh and bashful. Winwin also says he’s actually pretty quiet as a roommate. These added dimensions to his personality (on top of his dashing good looks and energy) makes him even more attractive to me.

89f312e0c0f521396c5c0f2bf51d2ded.gif

b13b0b8dda6db638f6ae232a9b6b5798.gif

Me toooo. I thought he was gonna be a brat, but noo he was really whipped for Haechan kkk and yes, he really takes care of the members, I love how his energy is always so positive!

Speaking of which, I just watched this and was struck by how even though it was so early in the day and it was a really chill vlog, he still seems so positive (and handsome). I really wish Yangyang and Haechan had more time to interact, they seem so similar in so many ways! Witty, sassy, clever but really a sweet little bean inside.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes yes I did

My favorite part of that video is Jaemin staring straight into Xiaojun's soul :cryingr:

Haha Jaemin and Jeno were like two puppies genuinely trying, but too hard, to get to know a scared kitten.

My fave part was when Yuta coolly sauntered over like the hot guy in school while Xiaojun acted like some shy girl trying to act chill but actually really nervous at being on the receiving end of his attentions.

Haha omg your preconceived notions about nct is pretty similar to mine. I never really strongly stanned other groups before, but definitely had a soft spot for exo because I genuinely think they’re one of the most talented yet visually appealing groups in their generation (member in top tiers in dance, vocals, acting, modelling and yes producing because Lay who’s an award winning producer in China...talk about a well-rounded idol group). Then when nct debuted with 7th sense, I was intrigued. But when I read about their concept then was shocked by their ghastly styling for subsequent comebacks (I really hate fire truck era styling), I (too) quickly said nah.

Tbh, the reason why I gave nct another chance was a weird dream starring Jaehyun at he beginning of quarantine, so I looked them up, then kick it promotions hapoened and bam less than a year later, here I am stanning nct harder than I have for any other group lol. They are honestly so interesting and fun and talented and family-like. Ugh I really wish more people would give them a chance.

I wish all of WayV had more interactions with the rest of NCT :sadr:

Haechan and Jisung looked like they had a culture shock hearing Yangyang talk about his life as a maknae in WayV

but my most favorite dynamic between the newer WayV members and older NCT ones was the one with Yuta :cryingr:

Omg have you watched this?? Xiaojun and Hendery was so freaking cute with Yuta, and the way Yuta was so friendly yet confident and cool with them was...kinda hot....

Around 4:35 mark.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Man, I’m hoping we get some more cross-group interactions before nct2022! Maybe during award shows hopefully.

Yes, it was sooo pure he following Haechan!!! My boys!!!! I Just love how Haechan attracts everyone.

Haha I thought it was so cute how he was on his best behaviour with Haechan. I thought he would be all sassy like he is with ten and the WayV guys.

And yes, I think even Shotaro mentioned how Haechan takes care of him. He’s such a hyung outside of 127. And I like how during nct world sports day, he let Shotaro lead the team but was also on hand to help him out.

Currently, It’s Xiaojun from WayV

img.gif

8f24683f85f828261486373c31789373aba5f63d.gifv

He looks the most beautiful without makeup imo.

And Jungwoo.

f823686c1fe1bc15e6ac320ef3cf8fda.jpg

16bd7b6b914acc3ac3451693d72edff9.jpg

For females, judging from the amount of saved photos I have of her, it’s Blackpink Jennie. She’s soooo pretty.

700b9aabb84c4b531a3c058a168eefbf.jpg

BLACKPINK-Jennie-660x400.png

And rv Wendy. I have quite a few of her pictures in my Pinterest board because she just looks so pretty to me even though she’s not the usual choice for visual for most.

km_wendy_rv_10.jpg6a4b21a73d0936e697949d9ec242225e.jpg

That's basically Dancing In The Rain ^^

I know right!! I love their smooth voices. Imagine them in an r&b song with some chill rapping from Yangyang and Mark.

yeeeeeees kkk I love Haechan and Ten combination and YangYang... I just love him, such a pure and childish kid kkkkkk

Yes, Yangyang is so underrated! He’s such a visual and I thought it was so cute how during nct 2020, he seemed like he really likes and follows Haechan. Maybe that why his WayV hyungs (Winwin and hendery) mentioned that he was like an obedient sheep with the other members of nct but a naughty goat (play on the words yang for sheep and shan yang for goat) with WayV.

I wish there were more opportunities for Yangyang and Haechan to interact, the havoc these two maknaes could create if they really get going.

So true for me too! I usually don’t watch guide to group’s members and stuff like that and only learn by experience through watching their official shows and stages so I thought nct would take me awhile but it didn’t and like each member somehow felt so essential and important for me to ignore. I am not the type who cares so much about loving all members equally or stuff like that but literally each one of them felt irreplaceable and important that I don’t give an f if they were 23 or 100 members anymore. I don’t understand how it happened so naturally and I didn’t “force” myself to love anyone of them. From a concept I thought to be stupid and was a reason for me to push the group away to a concept I think is giving me everything I want. It gives the opportunity to have many different song themes. Seeing great and interesting dynamics between each and each is endless. It’s indeed a genius idea but is very hard to achieve if you’re not a big company that loves to risk.

Yes, I wish people wouldn’t just write them off just because at first glance it seems like whoa! that’s too many people. Even now, I still come across offhand comments about how oh yeah they seem nice but there just too many of them etc. Even though the risk seems to be starting to pay off, I really hope they rise so much more because there are so many gems (Xiaojun, Taeil, Yuta, Yangyang, Kun, Hendery, etc) that I feel are still so underrated because to the “muggles”, these people get lost in the crowd.

Anyway, I’ve been telling myself that this year I wanna do a bit more to hype them up like make more threads, be more active on Twitter, etc just to spread even more awareness on the amazing individuals in nct and also to let people know that they can start by getting to know a sub-group (WayV, Dream, 127) which really only has about 5-9 members usually.

Do you know if there’s an nct taglist?

I see you have a soft spot for what I consider to be the sassy kings of the group (Haechan, ten and yangyang). Their vlogs would be so fun and I can imagine mark and Xiaojun really getting along, playing the guitar together. Also Mark really enjoying Hendery’s jokes.

Mine would be

Jaehyun, love his deep voice.

Mark, his rap and personality just lightens up any group

Jungwoo, he’s so fun I can’t leave him out and his vocal colour is so nice too.

Xiaojun, too handsome and talented to leave out.

Kun, imagine a song with the voices of Jaehyun, Jungwoo, Xiaojun and Kun harmonizing together.

Taeyong, cos his charisma makes any performance even better.

Lucas, because he’s insanely handsome (and can dance too!)

Omg lol I had the same negative impression of Taeyong (shows how damaging haters and bandwagon hate can be). Now I realise how wrong I was. I thought Jaehyun would be the more gentle and feminine type for some reason but he’s super manly. I thought Yuta was scary and cold but he’s a sweetheart. I thought Jaemin was a super hyper extrovert but I realise he’s a super chill introvert who’s just a little bit crazy sometimes. I thought I would never ever get into nct because I thought the whole concept was ridiculous but I started watching their videos and fell into the rabbit hole and at some point when I watched this

I realised to my shock that I somehow had gotten to know twenty over members, their names, positions, bio, personalities, quirks, etc. and I was like how?? I didn’t even try lol.

And now I think the concept is genius and might probably never happen again in kpop because of how ambitious and risky it is. But it really is so awesome how we have all these perfect sub-groups that we can get to know, and then every two years. have so much fun when they come together in a massive and awesome collaboration comeback.

I also like how so many of them practically grew up together from literal kids to teens to young adults. I think that’s why their dynamics is so good and why they seem so real and family like.

Nctzen here! After the forum change, couldn’t log in and was too lazy for awhile to figure it out. Is there an nct taglist here?

I’ll classify them into their subgroups so it’s easier for me haha.

127: Jaehyun

cf768cdccf2d4a7095d0420bf7dedea4.gif

Jungwoo

734f2d647775443273d842611bfd49e0.gif

Mark

c98ce0edcf432d3cbd6bfe0f77b59d177c879372.gif

Taeyong

79f4e854340238606ea63129cc33aa99.gif

Yuta

4b6febfee928423d335ad1c1e658fa66.gif

Dream: Jaemin

0d7832e3700370964870f628af908c41.gif

Jeno

e838548fb5ec09c3a9f11ec98793437e.gif

Jisung

b10a3bcd930fcc70ba1ad33ca5431fcb.gif

WayV: Omg I can’t decide between any of them. They all have so much personality even the “quiet” guys like Kun and Winwin. I just can’t. So it’s all of them.

09a45629741c5ceae25f449febf0ab0e029667ca.gifv

Damn, that’s almost the whole group. I feel bad for the people I left out. I like them too, just that these are my favourites according to my tastes.

Omg I just watched that very same video and had the same epiphany. I mean, I always knew he’s attractive but not that attractive. And with his voice and down-to-earth personality, he’s really climbing up my bias list.

b1a4: Sandeul is a better vocalist than your faves :danceb: Unless your an elf :danceb: But everybody else :danceb: Sandeul is a better vocalist than your faves :danceb:

SHINee: not a shawol yet (I'm lying, I'm probably a shawol by now)

You think your faves are good at singing live? No 40 sec note, so no :nob:

External Content www.youtube.com

Wow I’ve heard that Onew’s voice is good but never actually really listened to it. He has great vocal tone AnD power. Underrated. Why do people not mention him more.

Also, when it comes to number of members, my faves can’t be beat. Lol.

But seriously, because of that they just offer so much variety. What other group can hold their own isac

Running man

Also, love how stanning nct automatically means that I have multiple sub-groups of 5-9 people to stan (something with a youthful vibe? Dream. Edgy and experimental? 127. Radio-friendly pop with a bunch of handsome crackheads? WayV.) and then see my favourite groups come together for a massive collaboration comeback every two years.

This is the kind of fun that I’ve seriously never gotten from other groups. Let’s say you stan a few groups, wouldn’t you love seeing them all come together in a massive comeback, with a FLOOd of content full of never-seen-before interactions between the groups, unexpected ships, and dream song collabs (eg a song by all main vocalists of the groups, or performance by all the rappers, etc).