In Light Of Some Posts I’ve Seen... (BP Thread)

• It’s remarkable how much Blackpink accomplished so much so quick. I mean sometimes I think about how hard the girls work (because IMO hard work isn’t correlated to the amount of comebacks you have, since groups can half-ass the effort they put into them, but anyway...), how vigorous their pre-debut training was, and to see how far they’ve come makes me so happy for them and as a blink.

I mean... I just wanted to make an appreciation thread for them and show them a lil’ love. It’s truly deserved.

-First Kpop gg group to chart in the Canadian Hot 100

-Insane YouTube views (not surprising for the highest subscribed Korean artist, second highest artist of all time!). First Kpop group to have 1 billion views, and remain the Koop group with the most videos past 1 billion views.

-We can’t forget Pinkchella Coachella!! They were so free, the audience was SO engaged, every single performance blew me away. My favorites:

• The iconic “BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION!” At 2:17

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• How HYPED the crowd was when the beat dropped

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-Before I get into any of their achievements CAN I JUST MENTION how each member has such individual branding?! All of them endorse luxury, high end (read: not fake) brands. It’s really funny how they’re called IG models yet some other fandoms can only wish the same for their groups. Anyway.

-First Kpop gg to be recognized by the RIAA for the legendary D4 that went gold and really pushed their career.

-Highest charting single (digital song sales) for HYLT: debuted at No. 2!

-All songs from The Album rank on BB’s Global 200 and BB Global Excl U.S. The Album also is the first gg album since 2016 to chart at least 5 months on the BB 200 chart.

-Best selling gg in 2020 for both digital and physical (As of Jan 6th: 1,724,461 album sales; 1,415,968,774 digital points).

-QUEEN LSG remains the longest charting gg song on MelOn Top 10 history (19 weeks... *chef’s kiss*).

-GG with the most entries on Spotify Daily Chart since launch (16 entries out of 23 songs...eye-) (1,070 cumulative days).

-GG with the most entries on Spotify Weekly Chart (2 weeks).

-They have 8/10 songs that were the fastest to surpass 100 million streams on Spotify for a female gg.

-Only took 5 months for The Album to pass 1.2 billion streams on Spotify; the second fastest girl group was 17 months. They said social distancing, what about it?

-The Ablum is the best selling album by a Korean female act in history.

-Japan: 5 songs that are RIAJ certified (2 are Korean versions!)

I’ll stop here because my hands hurt from writing all of this.

Sources before anyone comes @ me

https://newsopener.com/news/a-…y-making-accomplishments/

https://twitter.com/blackpinkstats5?lang=en

Edited 5 times, last by minnipark ().

• minnipark

Changed the title of the thread from “Isn’t It So Great” to “Isn’t It So Great (BP Appreciation Thread)”.
  • minnipark

Changed the title of the thread from “Isn’t It So Great (BP Appreciation Thread)” to “In Light Of Some Posts I’ve Seen... (BP Thread)”.
  • Only took 5 months for The Album to pass 1.2 billion streams on Spotify; the second fastest group was 17 months. They said social distancing, what about it?

this is for girl groups, not all groups

the fastest to reach 1B streams in spotify was BE by bts in only 2 months (and only 2 weeks for mots:7 but it was a repack so i won’t count it)

The Ablum is the best selling album by a female act in history.

this also isn’t true.... many female artist albums have outsold the album.... do you mean korean female album? because that actually IS true

Please be careful of what incorrect stats you may post because i don’t want to see anyone set up the girls (even accidentally)

• Oh boo hoo- ever heard of human error?? Those can also be checked using the source I linked, it’s also very obvious for anyone with half a mind.

Anyway... edited.

• Oh boo hoo- ever heard of human error?? Those can also be checked using the source I linked, it’s also very obvious for anyone with half a mind.

Anyway... edited.

idk why you’re acting like i insulted you or anything. i politely corrected the info you posted.....

and what do you mean it’s obvious to anyone with half a mind? what is? that you were wrong or.....? i don’t get it. did you expect everyone to go to the source and realize you were wrong or something? it’s not a big deal to correct your post with accurate info lol

• idk why you’re acting like i insulted you or anything. i politely corrected the info you posted.....

and what do you mean it’s obvious to anyone with half a mind? what is? that you were wrong or.....? i don’t get it. did you expect everyone to go to the source and realize you were wrong or something? it’s not a big deal to correct your post with accurate info lol

Okay

• The fastest Kpop group in history to chart on BB Bubbling Under chart (10 months) with AIIYL in 2017.

The fastest Kpop group in history to chart on BB Hot 100 (under 2 years) with D4 in 2018.

Rookie GG did this all on their own with Korean songs. I still think these are the greatest accomplishments in Kpop at least in the US.

no offense but how do you think those are the greatest accomplishments of kpop in the us?

like even ignoring all that bts has accomplished....blackpink themselves have several bigger achievements within the US than those two things you listed...

• no offense but how do you think those are the greatest accomplishments of kpop in the us?

like even ignoring all that bts has accomplished....blackpink themselves have several bigger achievements within the US than those two things you listed...

For me the aiiyl one is special because they were fairly new to the game and this came out of nowhere without any promo or push

Queen things

• They were not the first K-Pop group to chart on the Canadian Hot 100. BTS was.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!