Why do you think yg groups don't release that much music?

• Is it because they leave it to the groups to make music? I'd have to say it's incompetent by a company to know they can make so much more money than what they are making. And then my 2nd point, the reason why yg doesn't release more music is because it's not profitable like brand deals where company doesn't even have to move an inch. Again lazy. Let's look back at old yg. Bigbang and 2ne1. Music and Touring was absolutely everything. Bigbang when the group wasn't making music, the solo acts were and when the group wasn't touring the solos were. 2ne1 was taken care of really well until bom scandal. The yg now is a much bigger company than it was in 2010 and it was built on what? music and touring. So the company becomes rich. Bigbang becomes rich. 2ne1 becomes rich. Cool. And now the new groups debut. Winner, Ikon and Blackpink. How should they have been handled? Just like Bigbang and 2ne1. But no, the rich company wanted to pamper the new kids because now the parents are rich. This is what yg did. They treated a 1 year old winner, ikon and blackpink like a 5 year old bigbang and 2ne1 who already made it and became rich after hardwork. That is no entertainment that a conscious fan wants to invest their time.Blackpink succeeding was a miracle and i still believe it is now everytime i look at how perfect the members are. there has never been a kpop gg so perfect and pretty like this we are truly witnessing greatness here but i digress. This is now a management sitting on too much money that now has no hunger? It needs replacing so that they can move forward. let me know below why you think yg groups are not releasing more and are u ok with it?

• sometimes I look at korean brands on Instagram, then you see their models and most of them come from YG, also YG has a lot famous actors. It seems like the music scene isn’t a priority.

While JYP and SM they can’t afford to pull a YG and put their groups on hiatus because they will immediately lose money since their earning come from the music contents.

• i personally believe they should just close their music division since they don't even bother releasing any music. All their groups' potential is just being wasted. Bp could have been a lot bigger than they already are if they had consistent music releases.

• I feel like for the Big 3 companies... once their groups exploded and other companies started using their ideas and gimmicks to build their own success, that whereas JYP and SM sort of kept doing what they were doing, that YG took the "quality over quantity" narrative as their way to set themselves apart from other kpop groups.

When you look at their release schedules, an album every year or two years is fairly standard for a large majority of the music industry and it's a frequent criticism that the rapid release schedules and lack of follow up singles from an album often makes kpop feel more disposable. It almost feels like they try to make their groups feel more "legit" compared to other kpop companies. They want their music releases to feel like an event compared to their peers.

ymmv based on how well that is working out for them from the fan side, but they seem content on the business side. It's been almost 2 years since Blackpink released music as a group, but they're still in demand, still highly talked about, and still selling. iKon and Winner may not have as many sales/streams as their 3rd gen peers, but they are still held in high regard among the industry. (iKon took a blow when YG kicked out B.I, but Bobby still sells.)

• sometimes I look at korean brands on Instagram, then you see their models and most of them come from YG, also YG has a lot famous actors. It seems like the music scene isn’t a priority.

While JYP and SM they can’t afford to pull a YG and put their groups on hiatus because they will immediately lose money since their earning come from the music contents.

Diversification was what yg did when they became rich. they invested in everything they saw. sports industry, food industry, fashion industry, acting industry, merchandising and everywhere. the revenue they get from korean bands i want to see how much and it will clear things more

• i personally believe they should just close their music division since they don't even bother releasing any music. All their groups' potential is just being wasted. Bp could have been a lot bigger than they already are if they had consistent music releases.

yes. they should be going into merchandising now and close music division now that yg plus is successful because of hybe lol

• Planned scarcity. People will say they don't have enough producers, and that it takes forever to work on their songs, but the reality is we've gotten proof time and again that YG will and has sat on completed songs for YEARS until finally dropping them.

• Winner's got like 7 hits. I would not call them failures by any stretch of the imagination. If the basis is "Can we make all of our groups the biggest artists to ever exist", I guess... but otherwise, I'd say their hit rate is 4/5.

how are u countiing 7 hits? 1. debut 2. really really 3. millions thats it right?

• how are u countiing 7 hits? 1. debut 2. really really 3. millions thats it right?

If you in the top 100 at the end of the year (especially for a boy group.) I call that a hit and for Winner that includes:

Empty

Don't Flirt

Sentimental

Really Really

Everyday

Millions

• It is called increasing the demand by controlling the supply. Yg or blackpink stans will swear by quality over quantity and perceive yg groups as some elite groups which only release great songs because they release fewer songs. Reminds me of not like other girls/boys type of people 🤣

• Too obsessed with perfection, too scared of messing up their biggest group's perfect and exclusive image. A lot of artists are perfectionists, but since this is K-pop, we're talking about the company being like that instead. They're playing it safe, too safe.

i'd say they are taking the biggest risk. when i say lack of music i specifically lack of bsides and making albums with only singles. they started this with bigbang by doing made but then started their bare minimum two singles one comeback with blackpink ikon and winner in 2017. Lack of bsides will not drive gp away but they lose fans as a result who want more entertainment. its biggest mistake of yg post bigbang

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!