the idol yg and sm both wanted but were rejected by

• my queen, miss gahyeon of dreamcatcher

D5350ED1-2818-405D-8239-AB6B1E8D40D3.jpeg

she was accepted by both companies (and happyface ent) but chose the small company over 2/3 of the big 3

and thank god, she did. she shines in dreamcatcher in a way that she wouldn’t get to at yg or sm. here’s to this visual, vocal, rapper, dancer, maknae.... gahyeon

BD3CEAD2-E997-4039-9E62-82DB82EE8A54.jpg

bow down:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If she had that BIG3 attachment, people would be eating her up with compliments. That privilege must be nice.

if dc were from a big company, they’d be a top gg by now for sure. after 3.5 years they’re making their was up but it would’ve been immediate. the vocals, rap, choreo, members, music, etc. is so good.

gahyeon alone being accepted by both yg and sm is just further proof of what we already knew :pepe-tea:

• If she had that BIG3 attachment, people would be eating her up with compliments. That privilege must be nice.

They're already pretty successful, probably selling 100k this comeback. But the problem is not their label. The problem is their music.

I'm the biggest rock n roll fan on here and i grew up at a time when rock and metal were at their peaks in terms of popularity, i'm one of the very few on this forum that could be considered at least marginally a target demo for their style of music. But even i cant vibe to it. It's too gothy, too niche. Scream was the one and only song that somehow fused Kpop with their metal sound to create a massive bop that i could fully enjoy.

If they sounded more like this, they'd be a lot more successful, regardless of their nugu label status.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• She made a big mistake so gz for her?

yeah, it’d be better if she had 16 month long hiatuses or debut pushed back by years or not have creative input in what her group released, have a boring concept, etc.

instead she has to be in a group with the best girl group concepts of kpop, top tier vocals and visuals across the entire group, be one of the top 5 girl groups for dance/choreo, be one of the fastest growing kpop gg currently, have frequent comebacks with heaps of banging music and videos, a perfect discography, feel comfortable with her company and staff, etc..... huge mistake.

• they already surpassed 100k almost right away. they’ll surpass probably 200k before the end of 2021.

their sales have been doubling for the last several comebacks including this one. even if their growth doesn’t speed up at all (which growth usually speeds up as groups get bigger), they could have an album selling a million copies before their contract is out.

-

also ps you couldn’t be more wrong about their music. even nonfans constantly hail them for their perfect golden discography. along with groups like red velvet, txt, etc. they’re just not your personal taste lmao

• thank you! i’m really proud of her. i’ve been slowly getting into twice this past year, was dahyun also accepted by them?

You're welcome <3 Even though I don't stan, I'm really proud of her too! Ooh, that's cool, good luck on your journey! Let me know if you need any help too and there's a whole guild of us, so just come and ask us there if you want! Yes, Dahyun was auditioned for and was accepted into all three big companies but chose JYP in the long run. I'm really glad she did, but I often imagine her in Blackpink or Red Velvet. It wouldn't really fit well for her, but still LMAO

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• You're welcome <3 Even though I don't stan, I'm really proud of her too! Ooh, that's cool, good luck on your journey! Let me know if you need any help too and there's a whole guild of us, so just come and ask us there if you want! Yes, Dahyun was auditioned for and was accepted into all three big companies but chose JYP in the long run. I'm really glad she did, but I often imagine her in Blackpink or Red Velvet. It wouldn't really fit well for her, but still LMAO

wow that’s really interesting! imagining the “almost careers” of idols (had they made different choices) always surprises me haha

like somi in twice, miyeon in blackpink, gahyeon in aespa, jungkook in got7, jin in exo, etc. like whattttt

• wow that’s really interesting! imagining the “almost careers” of idols (had they made different choices) always surprises me haha

like somi in twice, miyeon in blackpink, gahyeon in aespa, jungkook in got7, jin in exo, etc. like whattttt

I couldn't even imagine!!! I feel like they all suit their current groups/solo projects so well. And don't forget that Chaeyeon of Iz*one and Chaeryeong of Itzy almost made it into Twice <3

I couldn't imagine the Lee Chae sisters in Twice because of the huge age gap but they were really close!

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• You misread my post lol or maybe u didn't...

you said “yikes”, what could it possibly be for? do you have some issue with gahyeon? she’s extremely talented, an all-rounder, etc.

or do you have an issue with her choosing hfe over yg and sm? because i get wanting her to be in a group you like but dreamcatcher is literally like a perfect group so....? or do you think yg or sm are better for her than happy face somehow?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!