Who are bigger success stans: international fans or korean fans?

• I- fans never cared for IU, OMG, Brave Girls, Mamamoo and aespa until they showed signs of becoming big in the industry.

Koreans never cared for BTS, EXID, Loona, Lisa, etc until they hit some sort of international/domestic milestone.

My vote goes to I-fans as BTS is the only true example of international impact that translated domestically later.

What about you?

• ifans drag and underestimate massively successful groups in korea for not having fans in Brazil and korean fans drag massively successful groups internationally for not being able to chart in korea. tough call.

Edited once, last by 2techs ().

• Success and breaking records are some of the biggest pieces of exposure and promo groups can get. One of the reasons companies will mediaplay and push records and achievements is for this reason. How many international fans would even know Brave Girls existed before they went viral?

There definitely are a lot of success stans in kpop that jump from group to group to brag and drag other groups they dislike down. But a lot of it will also be fans that don't know the existence of groups and artists until they get success and headlines. Or have heard of an artist but there are so many groups you're not going to check them all out unless given a reason or a push.

• Aespa had a ton of I-fans before they blew up. There's a lot of SM I-fans. It's just that they haven't had the contents of Ive..etc yet but they were very hyped on this very forum even before Next Level.

Koreans cared about BTS too - trended very frequently, it's just that I-fans cared about them more. I'd say SKZ are a case where they're like nugu in Korea and super popular overseas.

• Dude, have you seen the Melon streams for BTS, EXO, Wanna One? It is 2-3 times more than IU's most successful song due to zombie streaming. You're really telling me we are the crazy ones?^^

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But why would all of that be 'success stans'?

Often people just get curious because they keep hearing about a group.

exactly the word nugu in korean means who? aka unknown and it's hard to stan an unknown group when one has never heard of them...

once a group starts getting some success they'll naturally get more fans because then people will have heard of them

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!