biggest 3rd gen hit for each year (GG edition)

• Nah. D4 (1.284 billion), DTNA (1.098 billion), and Bboom Bboom (1.134 billion) are all bigger. Starry Night has 912 million

Still a contender for soty.

Considering how rigged these award shows are and how unfairly sotys have been awarded to undeserving groups then why not giving it to mamamoo. Starry night was hit enough and a hit is a hit even if another song outnumbered them by a small margin the difference is not that significant imo

• In 2020 dolphin or psycho was the biggest hit.

2021 you could add rollin? I mean bg members are all from 2016 so they could count as 3rd gen

Or go with dun dun dance or lovesick girls in 2021, by the end of the year I think lovesick girls had more points in 2021 but dun dun dance outpaced it now.

2019 was def dalla dalla, psycho came to late in the year… but Itzy ain’t 3rd gen are they? So it would probably go to FANCY Twice or mamamoo HIP.

2017 aitly would take the cake I think? Idk though knock knock and red flavor were huge hits too.

• Wut? HYLT is gonna hit 900M Gaon points soon and was crowned as #1 for the month of June on Gaon and July on Melon. Psycho has less longevity and never hit #1. Dolphin has slightly more longevity but lesser peak.

• Still a contender for soty.

Considering how rigged these award shows are and how unfairly sotys have been awarded to undeserving groups then why not giving it to mamamoo. Starry night was hit enough and a hit is a hit even if another song outnumbered them by a small margin the difference is not that significant imo

A small margin meaning a gap of over 300 million, outta my face with that nonsense.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• imo 2020 is dolphin followed by lovesick girls, then hylt then nonstop. That said they are all very close and this is just based off digital points/longevity. You might want to argue certain song did better on another metric such as gallup, youtube, cultural impact etc that's not being reflected on their pure chart performance

• Wut? HYLT is gonna hit 900M Gaon points soon and was crowned as #1 for the month of June on Gaon and July on Melon. Psycho has less longevity and never hit #1. Dolphin has slightly more longevity but lesser peak.

I would still give it to dolphin then. It had better longevity than hylt

• If this is just domestically

• AIIYL is 1st for 2017
    • Dolphin is 1st for 2020.
    • LIKEY replaces Knock Knock in 2017 runner-ups.

Other than that, I agree.

If it's just korean digitals, Dolphin and Non stop both have more gaon points that HWLT. Dolphin is clearly first.

Then PWF would be bigger than TT in 2016 since it has way better longetivity but a smaller peak. In fact statistics-wise TT is not even Twice's second biggest song in korea, that would be DTNA.

Its the same situation with HYLT, which had 21 days #1, highest weekly digital points for idol grps in the year, highest daily ULs for idol grps in the year, 8th in gallup only losing to LSG for gg songs. Gaon digitals when that close (which LSG, HYLT, Dolphin and Nonstop are going to end up with +-80M) should not be the defining factor for which is the biggest song. Its like saying SSAK3's Beach Again was not one of the biggest songs of the year just because it fell fast and in the end only had 600+M digital points, ignoring the weeks it spent at #1 and the peak it had

Peak and longetivity should be considered as equals

Edited 3 times, last by z1 ().

• Then PWF would be bigger than TT in 2016 since it has way better longetivity but a smaller peak. In fact statistics-wise TT is not even Twice's second biggest song in korea, that would be DTNA.

Its the same situation with HYLT, which had 21 days #1, highest weekly digital points for idol grps in the year, highest daily ULs for idol grps in the year, 8th in gallup only losing to LSG for gg songs. Gaon digitals when that close (which LSG, HYLT, Dolphin and Nonstop are going to end up with +-80M) should not be the defining factor for which is the biggest song. Its like saying SSAK3's Beach Again was not one of the biggest songs of the year just because it fell fast and in the end only had 600+M digital points, ignoring the weeks it spent at #1 and the peak it had

Peak and longetivity should be considered as equals

Gaon points are a reflection of both peak and longetivity.

For instance, I remember peaople talking about how LSG was having better longetivity than HWLT but in the end it seems it could not catch up with HWLT digital points because HWLT had a much bigger peak.

SSAK did not have good longetivity so yes, even if it's a hit it's not bigger than songs than had both peak and longetivity. Don't teach me is an even more striking example as its longetivity was awful.

The gap between Non stop and HWLT is very close indeed, so it's hard to say which one was bigger but the gap with Dolphin (about 50M) is not anecdotal and imo suffcient enough to say Dolphin was bigger.

• gaon points biased based on which year u are looking at it.

pre 2020 it rewards peak more than longevity because of the ridiculous digital points gained during the peak weeks of each song

post 2020 it rewards longetivity because of the peak are all lower and songs stay in the top 100 longer and allows them to gain more over time.

Since all the songs involved are in 2020, those with a higher peak is at a disadvantage, just like HYLT and Nonstop was.

• I don't know what criteria this ranking is based on (if it's digitals then fair enough) but in my opinion, this is more accurate

Red Flavour (RED VELVET)

runner up : Likey (TWICE) // AIIYL (BLACKPINK)

Ddu Du Ddu Du (BLACKPINK)

runner up : Bboom Bboom (MOMOLAND) // What is love (TWICE)

Fancy (Twice)

runner up: Dalla Dalla (ITZY) // HIP (Mamamoo)

HYLT (BLACKPINK)

runner up: Nonstop (OMG) // LSG (BLACKPINK) // Psycho (RED VELVET)

btw I have no data to back me up, it's just my opinion from what I've seen and remembered as hype and popularity

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!