65% of Koreans say BTS should do alternative service according to new poll.. most couldn’t be bothered to respond.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• How is this BTS fault? Just stfu

You see I don’t infantilize 7 grown men and strip them of agency. I don’t think BTS are mere puppets for their agency and believe they have a mind if their own. They could have gone into the military at any time but they decided to keep waiting until basically the gov had to do something. Now they are least to blame because the gov and their company didn’t do shit and were cowards pushing things along too

• You see I don’t infantilize 7 grown men and strip them of agency. I don’t think BTS are mere puppets for their agency and believe they have a mind if their own. They could have gone into the military at any time and decided to keep waiting until basically the gov had to do something. Now they are least to blame because the gov and their company didn’t do shit and were cowards pushing things along too

What a fucking dumb answer, clueless. The SK government has been dangling the exemption discussion for years. SK obviously loves the $5 Billion in revenue BTS brings to the economy. The SK has used BTS to their advantage speaking at the UN twice and making them ambassadors. They have served the country, jackass

• You see I don’t infantilize 7 grown men and strip them of agency. I don’t think BTS are mere puppets for their agency and believe they have a mind if their own. They could have gone into the military at any time but they decided to keep waiting until basically the gov had to do something. Now they are least to blame because the gov and their company didn’t do shit and were cowards pushing things along too

What a load of bull crap, every male celeb enlists when their deferring time is over. BTS still has their deferred time left before enlisting. Why the fk must they not wait?

• Just put them on military, Korea needs them just in case of NK

:mad::mad::mad:

SK has a bilateral alliance in NATO. If they are attacked, the nations that make up the security council would pretty much blow NK off the face of the earth. Why do you think Sweden and the Netherlands are so anxious to join.

• What a load of bull crap, every male celeb enlists when their deferring time is over. BTS still has their deferred time left before enlisting. Why the fk must they not wait?

This isn’t even true male celebs have went earlier before. But that doesn’t even matter, I’m not placing the blame on BTS but they are a factor and can’t be completely stripped of responsibility. Also 3 BTS members would have already had to go to the military if not for an earlier extensions in 2020. They aren’t the main cause for this bullshit that’s the gov but they aren’t some hapless people in this either. They could go if they wanted to and plenty of idol and actors have gone earlier that when they were supposed to

• This isn’t even true male celebs have went earlier before. But that doesn’t even matter, I’m not placing the blame on BTS but they are a factor and can’t be completely stripped of responsibility. Also 3 BTS members would have already had to go to the military if not for an earlier extensions in 2020. They aren’t the main cause for this bullshit that’s the gov but they aren’t some hapless people in this either. They could go if they wanted to and plenty of idol and actors have gone earlier that when they were supposed to

the idols and actors who went earlier went because it was advantageous for their careers, like D.O. going earlier allowed him to be present for filming for a movie afterwards.

NOBODY goes to the military because they want to. It sucks. It kills your career or at the least your momentum in most cases. The vast majority only go when they absolutely have to and not a second earlier and you are NOT gonna blame BTS for that just because you and half the K-Pop fanbase are waiting for them to go so their faves can finally claim to be the biggest active K-Pop group or whatever.

• You see I don’t infantilize 7 grown men and strip them of agency. I don’t think BTS are mere puppets for their agency and believe they have a mind if their own. They could have gone into the military at any time but they decided to keep waiting until basically the gov had to do something. Now they are least to blame because the gov and their company didn’t do shit and were cowards pushing things along too

None of the members have to enlist right now even if they would go. They haven’t reached the deadline to enlist yet.

• Seriously people, it's not worth it. We aren't going to change the minds of people who have already condemned BTS. There will be at least one every time this topic is brought up because people like this are EVERYWHERE. The argument will go NOWHERE. Everyone has already made up their mind on who's to blame, right or wrong.

• This isn’t even true male celebs have went earlier before. But that doesn’t even matter, I’m not placing the blame on BTS but they are a factor and can’t be completely stripped of responsibility. Also 3 BTS members would have already had to go to the military if not for an earlier extensions in 2020. They aren’t the main cause for this bullshit that’s the gov but they aren’t some hapless people in this either. They could go if they wanted to and plenty of idol and actors have gone earlier that when they were supposed to

You are right BTS the most popular group in the world must drop everything and go to military before it’s even necessary

• the idols and actors who went earlier went because it was advantageous for their careers, like D.O. going earlier allowed him to be present for filming for a movie afterwards.

NOBODY goes to the military because they want to. It sucks. It kills your career or at the least your momentum in most cases. The vast majority only go when they absolutely have to and not a second earlier and you are NOT gonna blame BTS for that just because you and half the K-Pop fanbase are waiting for them to go so their faves can finally claim to be the biggest active K-Pop group or whatever.

I agree 100%, at the end of the day I think it’s dumb they even have to go and think Korea should end this forced enlistment shit. It creates an army of men that don’t even want to be there. So yes to make it clear no idol, at least most idols, don’t want to go. BTS isn’t special in clearly not wanting to go to the military. I don’t even follow KPop anymore, I like Twice but BTS enlisting wouldn’t help them at all. Hahaha it’s funny you think people can’t have opinions passed their group fav.

I don’t think BTS is the main problem here at all, I’m saying they also aren’t some pawns that had no control over this narrative whatsoever.

• What a fucking dumb answer, clueless. The SK government has been dangling the exemption discussion for years. SK obviously loves the $5 Billion in revenue BTS brings to the economy. The SK has used BTS to their advantage speaking at the UN twice and making them ambassadors. They have served the country, jackass

BTS isn’t special they don’t deserve exemption. I won’t move from this hill at all. I don’t think anyone deserves exemption no matter what they do. Either every person is expected to serve or no one should be expected to serve unless they want to. I agree the SK government is the one mainly to blame and they should have decided this long ago but they decided to kick the can like cowards. I do think BTS will get exemptions though and if I were BTS I would take it.

• You are right BTS the most popular group in the world must drop everything and go to military before it’s even necessary

I would say BTS is in the most privileged position to do exactly that. Other groups not as popular have more reason to stay longer as inactivity could seriously hurt their status but a little under two year break for BTS would do nothing to their popularity. Hell BP could have served in the military almost twice in between both their hiatuses. And each time they came back bigger than the last

• None of the members have to enlist right now even if they would go. They haven’t reached the deadline to enlist yet.

Correct, however they did take the extension in 2020. Otherwise three of them would have had to serve already

• South Korea has nothing to do with Nato. South Korea has military alliance with the United States.

• For the first time, in December 2020, the Republic of Korea participated in a NATO Foreign Ministers’ meeting, together with Australia, Finland, Japan, New Zealand, Sweden and the EU HR/VP, to discuss the shift in the global balance of power and the rise of China. This was only one of the latest and more visible political exchanges NATO has had with the Republic of Korea at various levels in recent years. At the NATO Brussels Summit in June 2021, Allies agreed to increase dialogue and practical cooperation between NATO and existing partners in the Asia-Pacific region, including the Republic of Korea.
    • For the first time, in December 2020, the Republic of Korea participated in a NATO Foreign Ministers’ meeting, together with Australia, Finland, Japan, New Zealand, Sweden and the EU HR/VP, to discuss the shift in the global balance of power and the rise of China. This was only one of the latest and more visible political exchanges NATO has had with the Republic of Korea at various levels in recent years. At the NATO Brussels Summit in June 2021, Allies agreed to increase dialogue and practical cooperation between NATO and existing partners in the Asia-Pacific region, including the Republic of Korea.

This has nothing to do being member of NATO. This is more likely being part of western integration.

• imo best case scenario is that they decide bts should only enlist for half the usual time (~9 months), then maybe spend the other half as special ambassadors. that way people can't say they didn't enlist/serve their duty, but 9 months is an easy hiatus to overcome.

• No problem. Finland is right at their border. To get to the Netherlands they need to pass a few other countries first.

Finland and Sweden might have never joined before to appease Russia, but as the Ukraine shows, this didn't stop them from attacking :(

You clearly have no idea nor about history nor about what fckery Ukraine has been doing backed by west, so don't even try to judge how Russia is protecting its people, future and safety. As for Finland and Sweden, we'll see if they'll keep on being smart. Imo Finland will, not so sure about Sweden tho, but right now they have their own problems and protests cause some politician there burned Quran, so good luck to them to fix it first.

I actually came to the topic to say that I only hope to see some clear decision already, cause all these talks are tiresome af, if they go just say that they go and if they don't go just say it too, it's been years of this topic being bring up over and over again, just decide already smth for god's sake :pepe-sad:

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!