Which religion do you believe in? Why (optional)?

• Are you: 101

1. Christian (26) 26%
    2. Jewish (1) 1%
    3. Buddhist (3) 3%
    4. Muslim (16) 16%
    5. Hindu (2) 2%
    6. Atheist (39) 39%
    7. Other... (14) 14%

I'm still figuring out what I want to believe in :dancer:

out of service

• I’m a Latter-Day Saint/Mormon, which is a branch of Christianity, so that’s what I put. I mostly believe in it because that’s what I was raised in my whole life, but also because I think it makes a lot of sense for Heaven to have different degrees to it and not just be a clear cut case of only Heaven or only hell if that makes sense. Have a great day/night!

• Atheist. I don't believe some old guy from the beginning of time is deciding who gets to go to "heaven" or "hell". I don't believe in those places either. Seems more like some fantasy novel some old guy wrote and decided "everyone should live like this" while inserting his bs political views.

This is not the shame anyone for believing in whatever you want to believe in. I am just explaining my views

• ah ah you wish it was! but that's not what other Christians say! :pepe-smug:

Yesn’t. It depends who you ask. First of all, it depends on what and who you define a Christian as. Different people have different definitions, so that’s a part of the reason for people disagreeing. Personally, I define a Christian as anyone who believes in Christ and tries to live by His example.

Also, this is a VERY interesting statistic you might find fascinating:

* Out of all LDS people, 97% believe that LDS people are Christians. 3% do not.

* Out of the general public, it’s almost a 50/50 split as to whether Mormons are Christians.

Personally, I believe that they are, but I’m undoubtedly biased and some may consider my definition too broad. If you or other people don’t consider them to be, I can wholeheartedly understand why and hopefully we can agree to disagree.

• I think the main issue comes from the fact that Mormonism adds a new prophet and a new revelation. For some Christians it cannot be Christianism to add a new holy book to the Bible. I can understand the reasoning of both sides. I think it's all made up stories anyway so it's not that important to me.

If anything, it seems to me Mormonts are usually quite open and peaceful people so it's what matters most to me.

• None

Why?

After my Christian aunt passed away in the most painful and tragic way I stopped believing in anything

She was a Saint, she gave her life to God, she was the most humble and good person ever.

She was more than Christian she was part of the church, had friends of the church everything about her life was surrounded by the church

• I think the main issue comes from the fact that Mormonism adds a new prophet and a new revelation. For some Christians it cannot be Christianism to add a new holy book to the Bible. I can understand the reasoning of both sides. I think it's all made up stories anyway so it's not that important to me.

If anything, it seems to me Mormonts are usually quite open and peaceful people so it's what matters most to me.

Thank you for being so mature and open minded in this discussion and sorry if I came across a bit too hostile in my reply. I forgot about that issue. I can understand both sides of the issue as well and am willing to respect both sides and answers, as long as there is logical reasoning behind them, which you more than provided.

Thank you! I’m glad you’ve had good experiences with the people in the Church. Have a great day/night!

• Well I was raised Catholic. Started to refuse going there age 15. Still can't get married in a church if that were something I wanted to do. Now sometime after that I really didn't believe in anything but then I had a vision of the future in the form of a pic of JAC jagaciak in Versace in a dream, and I start ed believing there was something after that. Then I got obsessed with astrology whatever that is and I got into asteroid astrology and there are a lot of talks in the places I visited AabOUt starseeds and aliens and twin flames and anywayz I still wholeheartedly believe in astrology and that's the only thing I believe in.I was looking into different religions in college and the ones that drew me in the most were Taoism,Buddhism and Celtic paganism/ druidism but I didn't follow through with joining anything.

e2f77d54dd5c83c0345c9bcd04c5edd2058a6cef.gifva994e98da53ddcd6d6417b925d1253b6edad8f0d.gifv

Edited once, last by Aeicy ().

• i wanted to say which one, but i don't like talking about religion on a kpop forum in general, and especially now because of that mildly insensitive post above, 153008-jisung-confused-gif but yes i do believe in and follow a religion. im not religious per se, but my parents are.. so some of those values did get passed on to me, and the others just didn't because they clash with my personal beliefs.

• You've watched these flat earth debates, haven't you?

I was caught between to people that I knew that had a furious debate. one was in canada at the time so I told him to measure the shadow of a meter stick and I snapped a pic of mine held up with a bubble level and we commenced the calculation over video call.

and then he claimed that the sun and moon were painted on the "dome of the sky" and I was like A) paint ain't that bright and B) measure it out for me, you got a security camera pointed at the sky anyway, just hand me the footage from jan 1st and june 1st. and I measured out the angles and let him verify it and I did my math proof and he took a week off from school for a legit, doctor noted existential crisis. He was homeschooled before HS. Broke his world 2 weeks into 9th grade lmao. but he's aight now.

I didn't know for sure for myself so that's why I proposed the math proof instead of pushing nasa links like my friend did lmao at the time I wanted to see for myself as well.

• He's all about love but condemns to eternal torment those who happen to be unconvinced by an old book, which is a bit sus.

And since he is omniscient, wouldn't he know who is going to end up in hell? Which makes it all seem even more sadistic. First he creates someone he knows is going to be a nonbeliever and then he condemns the nonbeliever for being the way he created them.

• Religion starts to get controversial so it's a subject that I generally dodge. I was raised in Christianity and still believe that there is God and an afterlife.

I'm not someone who tries to force my beliefs on others or tells others what is right or wrong.

Probably the only time you'd hear me say this outside of those that know but I thought I would put that out there since I've been dodging saying this on this forum for so long.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• What's the evidence for the resurrection?

I don't know. I just literally believe what the Bible says regardless of the translation.

The historical evidence for the resurrection of Christ is very good. Scholars such as William Lane Craig, J.P. Moreland, Gary Habermas, and others have done an especially good job of detailing that evidence. See William Lane Craig's Reasonable Faith and The Son Rises, J.P. Moreland's Scaling the Secular City, and Gary Habermas' The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus and Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?, a debate with then-atheist Anthony Flew.

I SAY FUCK IT WHEN I FEEL IT CUZ NO ONE KEEP ON TALLY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH WHO I LIKE

30f443a5649093af9ae086cb57c3ead9e83c6734.gifv

• He's all about love but condemns to eternal torment those who happen to be unconvinced by an old book, which is a bit sus.

That's what I believe. sorry, bro.

The historical evidence for the resurrection of Christ is very good. Scholars such as William Lane Craig, J.P. Moreland, Gary Habermas, and others have done an especially good job of detailing that evidence. See William Lane Craig's Reasonable Faith and The Son Rises, J.P. Moreland's Scaling the Secular City, and Gary Habermas' The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus and Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?, a debate with then-atheist Anthony Flew.

tru tru

• This thread contains 130 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!