Honestly, being an idols like Blackpink are the best

• They don't have super tight schedule with practice and everything else especially near the cb like other groups. Most groups doing 2 cb in a year and releasing few single, then doing japan cb, touring, etc... But here bp doing their individual activities, flying over the world going to many events, going to concert, etc... And what is more amazing, they still get their paycheck without a cb by only doing their cfs, brand deals and modeling gigs. They really established their name to the point they do not need music to gain fan's support.

• as much as i respect them for living life to the fullest, its not for me

i'd rather work to exhaustion to create a masterpiece than barely work, even if im getting rich

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• This COULD be why YG has no incentive to do comebacks. They're basically just rolling in money without any effort or more importantly, without much risk.

I've theorized this before. Every comeback is fraught with risk and dangers. Look at what happened to poor Jisoo, a massive manufactured scandal was started up to target her and ruin her brand and this wasnt even a music comeback, just a drama. Look at all the past made up scandals targeting Jennie and Lisa, CA accusations, nurses accusations, blah blah blah. And then there are the risks of the comeback flopping, ruining their image as the most successful GG in the world. Or plagiarism accusations. Or a myriad of other landmines. Plus all the expenses and costs and time and effort needed to put out an album and do multiple stages.

If one were to do an objective cost/benefit analysis, maybe it makes more sense for BP to NOT comeback.

The alternative explanation which to me is equally valid, is that YG has never cared about BP and has never wanted BP to be the face of the label. The way they've been treated their whole career as an afterthought, only 21 songs in 5.5 years. It has been rumored many times that YG is a misogynistic psychopath that would rather control women than let them achieve their full potential, even if it costs his company $$$.

• Not having cmb doesn't necessarily mean they don't work on studio and stop practicing. I bet their schedules are even worse than most idols since they are more booked, music related or not. They also had a massive world tour which is more work than hundred of music show performances lol

• If they like what they are doing and are satisfied then yes it seems to be a good life.

But we don't know anything for sure what happens behind the scenes.

• as much as i respect them for living life to the fullest, its not for me

i'd rather work to exhaustion to create a masterpiece than barely work, even if im getting rich

It’s one thing to love and do what you want it’s another if you can’t reap the benefits and success of it.

You can be like Van Goh and create tons of art that’s appreciated today but totally ignored while you’re alive.

• I've theorized this before. Every comeback is fraught with risk and dangers. Look at what happened to poor Jisoo, a massive manufactured scandal was started up to target her and ruin her brand and this wasnt even a music comeback, just a drama. Look at all the past made up scandals targeting Jennie and Lisa, CA accusations, nurses accusations, blah blah blah. And then there are the risks of the comeback flopping, ruining their image as the most successful GG in the world. Or plagiarism accusations. Or a myriad of other landmines. Plus all the expenses and costs and time and effort needed to put out an album and do multiple stages.

If one were to do an objective cost/benefit analysis, maybe it makes more sense for BP to NOT comeback.

if YG cared about ruing Blackpink’s reputation with a flop comeback, they shouldn’t have approved Lalisa. It didn’t flop but it was not a good song.

• It’s one thing to love and do what you want it’s another if you can’t reap the benefits and success of it.

You can be like Van Goh and create tons of art that’s appreciated today but totally ignored while you’re alive.

that's fundamentally different from what i said

i was talking about time and work, not money

different perspectives

i see money as a means needed for survival and certain desires of course, but not the aim or end goal that gives me a sense of fulfillment

in BP's case, I dont know them personally so I would rather not speculate

the way the OP put it was along the lines of "become musician for the money, not for creating music" which is actually true for many idols as has been revealed in the past

I just gave my opinion on that specific life

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• It was pre pandemic but still had a bunch of dates and travelling? that's still lots of work compared to majority of the industry who don't even have touring power to do it lol. And that's how yg rolls anyways, music releases are far in between and focus on touring, that's what they will do with bp this year, again

Ok so it’s the 2019 tour. I thought I missed something.

• I think its fair to say that they're performers (as with most kpop) first and foremost.

2021 was supposed to be a touring year and we all know how that turned out.

• they can do whatever they want since the term idols does not imply singers and a lot of people forget that...

idols do everything from singing, dancing, acting, varieties, modelling etc etc

if another venue proves more lucrative then sure do it lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!