Is it just me who think Hybe debuting many groups is not a bad ideas?

• I think hybe trying to expand their business and each of their groups target different market which is why I don't think it is a bad ideas. They trying to put all their eggs in different basket which quite obvious. Not to mention people always forget that all of these groups debut in different company. This is just like many company debuting many groups in a year and they will be under different management, not only one company handling all of them.

Sakura and Chaewon's group from Source music obviously targeting China and Japan's market with Sakura have exclusive contract with Japan company while ador gg seem to focus more on Korea and kinda be like Txt especially with Min Heejin's reputation. Iland gg from belift will going to Enhypen's route with international market and probably SEA if they have any representative in the final line up from there. The umg gg of course will target the western market and they will not debuting this year. If we see here, all of these gg have different target to achieve which even they overlapping with each other it will only happen in Korea as the basic market and probably just a little bit in other market but not enough to affect any of them.

For their bg, Trainees A most likely won't debut this year and even so they're more like Bts and also going for western market while hybe Japan bg will focus more on Japan promotion.

• is this a response to that other thread ? lol

I don't think it's a bad idea either...each company does what it does to further their own company

like the OP mentioned different eggs in different baskets - diversification

• It's bad for the group who gets less popular than others (if the focus was just in one that "less popular group" would stand out), but it's great to the company. A gg from a reality, another created by a hyped creative director and another made with already popular girls, the outcome can only be more cash.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel for TXT :(

they are the collateral damage cause clearly HYBE hadn't worked out all these paths when they debuted, if they had, they would've tried less to make TXT one of everything in that list and would've focused them on the Korean market.

edit: wow i singlehandedly revived this months-old thread 🤡

• If you have the capital there's no reason not to do this if you can differentiate them enough.

It's about opportunity cost. Put the money in a bank/stocks etc or put it in a group which is currently a pretty easy venture for the big kpop companies at the moment with incremental benefits.

From a business perspective not a bad idea but as fans of groups in that label it's not very good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!