Why doesn't K-Netz care that (G)I-DLE has more foreign members than Korean members?

• I mean good for them, I'm glad about it but I always find it strange since K-Netz always makes a fuss about certain groups having too many foreign members and not wanting to support groups that aren't fully Korean. (G)I-DLE has more foreigners than Koreans after Soojin's departure, and the foreigners are from China & Thailand - 2 places that K-Netz are know to be quite condescending towards. Yet their current comeback seems to be their most popular ever.

Do anyone have any idea why this is the case and why (G)I-DLE's foreign members seem to be quite well-received amongst Korean members. Even Minnie, who doesn't seem to be particularly popular in her home country, seems far more popular with Koreans than Lisa, who is supposedly the most popular female idol in the world. Why is this the case?

• People don’t really care as much as those online make it out to be. If you have the star quality & are able to adapt to the Korean standard, the group will do just fine even if there are more foreigners than not

Then again, G-Idle had a career with a 50-50 Korean to non Korean ratio longer then they did with a higher non-Korean percentage, so it’s hard(er) to be disinterested at this point

• they don't care, Yuqi and Minnie are fluent in korean, both are outgoing and both have nice vocal tones, knetz in specially like Minnie vocal tone the most in Gidle, they also like Shuhua's visual

koreans don't care that much how people think, there are some online knetz making it seams like the whole korea is hating foreigners or celebrities in general but is just a very small minority, general public don't even know who are the foreigners in kpop groups unless they have very heavy accents

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!