Have you ever felt bad for an idol and why?

• Official Post

What happened? I heard about everything else here except for this...

Was it because he was receiving hate for dating Jihyo? I heard about that and how some netizens hated their relationship.

• WOAH that's crazy! I almost cried after reading that. I feel really bad for him and someone said that his latest comeback (so amazing btw) Paranoia was about him fighting his inner demons and what happened in 2019. 2019 was not a good year for many idols it seems, especially Jihyo and Kang Daniel. Are people over it or are people still hating on him because of what happened? And it all started because of a really stupid reason. KPOP fans are really, really harsh sometimes. There are a lot of people who support the idols but haters are inevitable and they always seem to bleed through the support that is given and it affects the idols in a horrible way. Like I can't stress enough, idols are humans too. And kneeling is because they want to speak out for something they believe in but isn't well-received around the world apparently. Also one of the reasons why I wish that dating lives were private of idols. The truth is, haters are always inevitable and privacy simply doesn't exist for a KPOP idol it seems, same with most celebrities. That's why I would avoid fame at all costs.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Kang Daniel. 2019 as a whole should be erased. It's inhuman all the things he had gone through that year and I consider it as a miracle that he is still alive.

I felt REALLY bad for Kang Daniel too. The amount of hate he got for stupid things is disgusting. Like, people were hating on him for not meeting up with Wanna One after disbandment? So what, it's his life? Also the fact that he had depression and anxiety :cryingk: his new song Paranoia is really good though

• WOAH that's crazy! I almost cried after reading that. I feel really bad for him and someone said that his latest comeback (so amazing btw) Paranoia was about him fighting his inner demons and what happened in 2019. 2019 was not a good year for many idols it seems, especially Jihyo and Kang Daniel. Are people over it or are people still hating on him because of what happened? And it all started because of a really stupid reason. KPOP fans are really, really harsh sometimes. There are a lot of people who support the idols but haters are inevitable and they always seem to bleed through the support that is given and it affects the idols in a horrible way. Like I can't stress enough, idols are humans too. And kneeling is because they want to speak out for something they believe in but isn't well-received around the world apparently. Also one of the reasons why I wish that dating lives were private of idols. The truth is, haters are always inevitable and privacy simply doesn't exist for a KPOP idol it seems, same with most celebrities. That's why I would avoid fame at all costs.

it seems to me that Daniel was the victim of an organized hate campaign in 2019. Everything that he would do would be turned into something negative and exacerbated to the max. It was constant harrassment, belittlement, mocking, criticism no matter what he would do and and it was coming from both antis on korean plateforms and sns, and the medias themselves. And i have no doubt that this organized hate had something to do with him trying to leave his former company at that time, knowing how vicious the industry can be when you dont conform.

• What happened? I heard about everything else here except for this...

Was it because he was receiving hate for dating Jihyo? I heard about that and how some netizens hated their relationship.

The hate he got for dating is just one of the many many things that happened to him in 2019.

That year he has been betrayed by a tons of people, to the point he even admitted recently that at that time he couldn't tell anymore if someone intentions toward him were sincere or not.

His former agency sold his contract to a 3rd agency to tie him in a slave contracts against his will, and if he did not find the hidden contract before starting to work under that agency he probably would still be binded to work with them, being overworked, payed dust and without any freedom in his career.

He asked for his former agency to change that contract or he will leave but instead of changing it they blocked all his means of communications to fans. Like 1 or 2 days after moving in his new "dorm" he had to leave in a hurry so that the agency couldn't use him living at their expense against him in court. He engaged legal pursuit against his former agency to get out of that contract and they worked on a character assassination to ruin his career and life. They used bots on twitter and his fancafe to flood it with harassing comments and false rumors, they paid medias to release false news and accusations toward Daniel, they kept delaying the Court date to make Daniel lose more time away from his fans and career and to have more time to destroy him mentally.

Once the court sided with Daniel and gave him a full citation they submitted an appel to extend the wait and smear campaign. But still since Daniel won with a full citation he was able to create his own agency but his former agency was still trying to sabotage it. They blocked him to have a Korean distributor (CJ, Kakao M...) so he had to work with Sony then they used their paid reporters to write defaming article saying he is a pro japanese a traitor to Korea for chosing a originally Japanese agency instead of a Korean one. And everyone who chose to work with Daniel were threatened to lose all their contacts in the entertainment industry, and it's what happened, Daniel couldn't get any manager because the Korean manager association were siding with his former agency. So for several months it's a friend of him that helped him the best he could without having the contacts in the industry.

Actually Konnect Entertainment (Kang Daniel's agency) is essentially constitued of Daniel's friends or people that risked their whole career to help him.

Daniel could only communicate with fans again 6 months after the debut of legal dispute, before that we could only ear news of him through his lawyer. He created his debut album in less than a month and at his debut showcase he was visibly shaking because he got affraid of people eyes and reporters with all the monstruosities they said about him. Him who used to proudly say he doesn't cry, 6 months later he admitted to cry a lot. It took them not even 6 months to destroy him mentally. And it was not the end.

11 days after his solo debut, on the day fans should have been celebrating his record breaking sales for a solo artist his private life has been exposed against his will by Dispatch that previously already sided with LM to spread lies against him. To make it worst around the dating news a lot of lies have been added, but no one cared because they want the drama and not the reality. And the worst it is the better. The thing is in those 6 months of smear campaign and character assassination against Daniel, a mega huge anti fanbase was formed it counted hundred of thousands of antis (and it's only on the Korean online community I'm talking about) and add to that the still active bots from his former agency and paid reporters which encouraged the spread of rumors and instigated hartred toward him. They had a fill day, I'm pretty sure it was the best day of their pathetic life. Since his agency was just a few weeks old, with no contacts in the industry, no allies, they had no other choice than to be stomped on and hope it will pass. 2 days later, was Wanna One supposed private reunion of the members for a dinner. I've never seen as much articles released for 1 same thing in my life : "Kang Daniel didn't join Wanna One reunion" (and all the derivations from that x 1210). What is funny is that absolutely all the thousands of articles about this "private reunion" only focused on saying he didn't join or that Jisung (his former labelmate) was the one who paid even if he could not join because of military service. It cut Daniel from Wanna One's fans support, a big part of them became his haters and claimed to be ot10 now (as they stan wanna one without Daniel). The next day he released a dance practice he filmed between the dating scandal and the Reunion mess, he was visibly not in a good shape an had red puffy eyes.

From his solo debut to September 27, 2019 he has been publicly blacklisted from Korean TV, as well as radio, festivals or any work in Korea because of the on going lawsuit. It has been revealed all the time Daniel has been blacklisted he met one by one every show producers in person to try to convince them to accept him in their show but because of his former agency influence they all ignored him.

So he did the only thing he could, a fanmeeting Asia tour as promotion for his debut album and a vlog travel on his youtube channel.

At that time from July 2019 to December 2019, anyone who worked with Daniel or praised him were severely bullied on their sns by Kang Daniel's anti community.

Finally, when the last court battle at the higher court was only a few days away. His former agency gave up and agreed to let him go without interfering in his activities anymore.

But it was still not the end of his nightmares . The damage were already done and from november to December 2019, a endless succession of attacks toward him have been thrown. It was like his anti community and Wanna One ot10 fans were taking relay everyday to trend defamatory words against him and attacking him everywhere, his fancafe, pann, naver articles, his social medias... theyeven impersonated and stole the identities of staff from the industry to say he was a bad person, everywhere you looked there was hate thrown to him. On his fancafe Daniel kept saying sorry to his fans because of all the hate we were witness and sorry that we were also victims of this attacks, some fans had to take legal pursuit against antis to protect themselves against the hate we were victims too. To one of his younger fan he said "I'm sorry you have to witness such an ugly world because of me". He kept saying he will protect us, to not worry about him...

But everything led to December 3, 2019 were he had a mental breakdown and we almost thought we would lose him forever. At that time where we didn't know yet that he was safe and his agency had taken him to hospital his antis were celebrating. Once they knew he was still alive they started again their attacks saying he should better take his life.

It's only by a concerted effort and coordination between fans, the agency and a specialized anti online harassment that things calmed down for Daniel to come back from his hiatus in a safer place. I remember at that time I collected by myself more than a thousand PDF of hate comments to send to his lawyer.

Still his anti wake up at every one of his comeback. Lately with Paranoia activities they found nothing better to do than buy bots to dislike his MV and spam nonsensical comments on the comment section to try to freeze the views ~ At least it's less harmful of what they used to do but they know they are under scrutinity so they can't do wathever they want.

With Paranoia comeback we learnt that Daniel in that mental breakdown period lost the will to live, he writed the song at that time with no intention to release it one day, he was not even planning to comeback one day. But thanks to his manager and dancers friends that spent all their time at his house for 2 months to never leave him alone in his hiatus he get better and by listening to music and watching performance he got the will to stand on stage again.

• WOAH I feel so bad. I read the whole thing and I almost cried while doing so. People really treated him that horrible... ;(;(;(</3</3</3

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I felt/feel bad for Kahi and Soyeon. Both are strong women and great performers with actual talent, but because they do not fit the visual standard, they were discarded by both the general public and their own fandoms. Both were/are made out to be villains in favor of fandom biases of lesser talents, and never reached nor will reach their true potential because of it.

• its so funny but yes - i feel bad for my faves who dont get enough lines, screen time. its hilarious because they still make good cash but im just sorry for them. my ult is yuta and my heart breaks every nct comeback lmaoo

• Errr... Not an idol per say but those female trainees who were managed by Open world entertainment. They suffered all types of bs, the worst of all being sexual assault rape by the CEO who also coerced his own male idols at the time also do so, some were underage.

Still the worst company by far, and I hope no onw will match this.

I remember one of boys from the boy groups in the company at the time (this group was cleared of involvement within the case) mentioned about sexual abuse he encountered from older men as he had a more feminine look to him early on but no one really believed him then, (people tend make light sexual abuse of males in general which is disgusting) I felt sad for him too then all that shit with the company came to light. Its horrible really.. That CEO is fucking scum really, he didnt get enough jail time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!