Idol sponsored clothing industry is not how I expected it to work.

• First of all excuse my English .

Watching the the sieun situation remind me of something.

For luxury brand they just straight up give it to the agency/artist for promotion.

But for middle sized brand u see on some idol during some event like MC or variety show how it works is interesting.

watch it towards the latter half of this episode of workman.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

its interesting a bunch of brand just send their products to this agency and idol stylist go there and pick what they want .

And they have catalog and it even even shows that some clothes is currently taken/already reserved other by idol in the catalog.

I found that interesting coz 1 idol can wear some shirt and that short will be worn by another idol the next day .

And some casual clothes that I thought were personal was actually a sponsored.

I always thought it's a direct deal like brand send product to the idol label and that label have some kind of warehouse/storage and stylist go there to pick clothes .

I've never imagine it having a middle man .

And a bunch of idol from different label go to that same agency

• That reminds me of a variety show I was watching. They did an event and they had to get clothes. They asked a stylist and she took them to a company like this. It was full with rows of clothes and she just walked around and pointed out outfits that idols wore. For example Twice Momo outfit on a music show, etc. it was interesting and they were just going around trying on the same clothes.

:pepestare:

It was also kinda shocking because it looked more like a drift store. Random colours and different items ( like jackets skirts trousers in different colours next to each other) just hanging on without being organized, wrinkled af.

• Honestly... I always had hopes that some kpop group will get 'deal' similar to those that football (soccer) players get. I mean after all Bayern Munich or Manchester United are also a 'teams' and they are paid to wear Adidas kit in games,

Manchester United is paid 77M british pounds for a year, for wearing those Adidas clothes in games.

And Manchester United sold 1.7M shirts in their shops during a year.

It should be like that in kpop too, company like Gucci (for example) should pay group A 5M USD to wear their clothes, company like Prada should pay group B 3M USD to wear their clothes.

This would make sense, personally I can't stand things like Hwasa posting some bag on IG with 'thank you' muah muah dear company A or company B for sending me this. Tf is that? girl you should get 1M USD and all their closet and prototypes until 2025 for this to make sense...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think that the same. Coz I'm pretty sure that how it works for idol that directly work with the brand .

Like ambassador and stuff .

But this one is like middle size brand for a bunch of idol idol .

Like free for all .

the stylist can choose and mix and match all the different brand.

Basically like tech YouTuber got a new smartphone from Samsung to review.

Vs

Blackpink that became Samsung CF model.

The difference is there's a restrictions coz of contact.

Like the YouTuber can say negative things about the new model .

Vs

At some point blackpink can't even be seen with an iphone. Like Jennie only want to take a selfie with fan phone during a concert if it's a Samsung phone.

She pick 1 iphone but says she can't take pictures with iphone iirc .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!