Suzy " satellite" : BOP or FLOP

• Bop, I really like it. I've been listening to indie rock/pop for a while and both the music and song is something I would listen to on repeat daily until I get tired of listening to the song.

• Flop to me as I can't hear she singing because the instrumental is too loud and she is kind of whispering. But the mv is good and perhaps the song too if all blend better.

• tenfour what bands would this song remind you of? - there's a group on the tip of my tongue but it's not coming to me.

Trying to guess the group you're thinking of, I can only think of ballad-mode Feeder.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Though I had to reach to find that comparison.

The immediate thing that came to mind was not a band, but the relatively recent song "Play Ball" by my fave Kenny Mason. Maybe because it has the same weirdly flat mixing whereby the guitar seems to be frequency gated at both ends.

Anyway the song is slowcore-adjacent so I'm obliged to love it by contract. Glad you pinged me on it, I've only ever heard Holiday (which I also really like).

• Not Feeder but I saw them live like 10 years ago, madness how time flies.

This happens a lot to me with kpop songs, it'll come to me eventually. Might not even be a group.

Suzy is so well known for other things that she is often underrated from a music sense.

I really like certain parts of the song and its got a bit of an odd structure to it to me. I'd be interested to hear how it sounds live but it looks like she's not promoting it.

• I was more impressed by Monika's dance. It is a interesting song, but artsy to be considered a 'bop'.

There is another thread going on about how IU's international success is due to her dramas. Well Suzy's dramas are pretty popular, so Satellite can be a decent test to see if that theory is true.

Hyeri, Eunji, Joy - all had/have parallel careers in acting and idol-ing, but yet aren't as popular as IU.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!