Oh My Girl's popularity in Korea is severely underrated by Ifans

• I'd argue that at the moment, them, BLACKPINK and aespa are the trendiest GGs in Korea(I need a follow-up from IVE to determine where they stand).

I mean look at these digital points.

Nonstop - 860M (#13 on Gaon year-end & #2 for GGs)

Dolphin - 950M(still charting as we speak) (#22 on Gaon year-end & #4 for GGs)

Luckily they managed to keep the hype with Dun Dun Dance as well:

DDD - 516M points(and counting) (#15 on Gaon year-end & #3 for GGs)

Goddess IU has given her stamp of approval:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She even wrote a song for them :pepelove1:

Arin is one of the most popular female idols at the moment as well. 6th most searched female idol on YT SK in 2021(#8 in 2020), 9th most searched among teens in 2021

She's also done CFs for Cham Soju & is set to star in a drama.

TL;DR: Don't sleep on Oh My Girl :-)

• this is very true!

the same way people assume stray kids is super popular in Korea like it is internationally... except reversed lol

• Yes, they really shot up in 2020 and 2021.

And Arin is the "It girl", confirmed as a Soju model.

I think even though Mamamoo won Queendom, it is OMG who benefited the most.

Add to it Twice ramping down and BP in limbo, they did great with some good songs.

Not to mention, the unexplainable love IU has for them.. what's the deal with that.

• I really liked closer!!!

but I'll go through their entire discography starting with debut onwards

I do that for all my "listening parties" lol

This is what I call Oh My Girl's Holy Ethereal Trinity.

These 3 songs they just sound so magical, so elegant, so beautiful

External Content www.youtube.com

• I liked Closer a lot, but Secret Garden is the shit. That song is criminally underrated. It's up there with the best GG songs from Twice, BP, etc. And the choreo is fun to watch as well. My holy trinity for OMG is Secret Garden, Closer and Dun Dun Dance.

• give this song some love too

External Content youtu.be

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I liked Closer a lot, but Secret Garden is the shit. That song is criminally underrated. It's up there with the best GG songs from Twice, BP, etc. And the choreo is fun to watch as well. My holy trinity for OMG is Secret Garden, Closer and Dun Dun Dance.

Secret Garden is my favourite Oh My Girl song like ever.

Like I kinda knew of Oh My Girl's existence maybe and I remembered hearing Secret Garden SOMEWHERE BEFORE. Only until I watched Queendom and I'm like WAIT OMG THIS IS THAT SONG THAT I'VE WANTING TO KNOW THE NAME TO THIS WHOLE TIME

I never watched the MV before this, only heard of the song somewhere. So the first time I watched this I was like jesus this song and these girls they are absolutely gorgeous and beautiful.

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• give this song some love too

External Content youtu.be

Best song by Oh My Girl. Period.

• Remember me is too good to not be mentioned

Why nobody mentioning their best songs?

Remember me, dolphin, bunshee are bobs.

Great minds think alike :pepe-use-head:

• Why nobody mentioning their best songs?

Remember me, dolphin, bunshee are bobs.

omg their song is “bungee fall in love” as in the sport bungee jumping, not bunshee 😭 bunshee makes me think of banshee, and if you don’t know what that means you can google it but oh my girl don’t deserve to be associated with that 😭

• I'm already use to i-fans overlooking or dragging OMG.

But I'm really glad that after 3 years of struggling (2015-2017) and working their ass off in 2019 they finally manage to get the break that they deserve.

I just hope WM will promote the group better couse last years group promotion was really lackluster. Overall Im also glad that member are also branching out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!