Singles Inferno's Song Jia releases apology for replica controversy + contestant Kim Hyun Joong unfollows her on Instagram

• Dude, was not going to post this even though I saw it, but then I saw Hyun Joong unfollowed her. WTF? Isn't that the guy she paired with? He's faker than those replicas Jia was wearing if this is true.

bypannchoaJanuary 17, 2022

image.png

On January 17 KST, she uploaded a handwritten apology letter on her Instagram account, writing, "Hello, this is Song Ji Ah. First, I sincerely apologize to everyone who has been disappointed and hurt because of me. I am going to honestly explain about the fake designer items articles that are currently becoming a controversy."

"Some of the comments currently being made about the fake designer products I wore on social media and on ‘Single's Inferno’ are true. I'm really sorry," she continued."I apologize once again for any situation caused by the infringement of the designers' creations and ignorance of copyright."

"As a person with a dream of launching a brand, I will seriously recognize the controversy and reflect deeply," she vowed, adding that she would be more careful so it would not happen again. "All content with exposed fakes has been deleted. I also apologize to the brands who were harmed because of me."

"I sincerely apologize to everyone, including the fans, subscribers, and brand representatives who have been hurt because of me. I will live more responsibly in the future," she concluded. "Thank you for reading this long note."

CR: Allkpop

original post: here

1. She succeeded at branding herself by wearing fakesㅋ

2. She dreams of launching her own brand but she's doing this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ totally a turn offㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but her shinyeos (T/N: "slave"/derogatory term for fans) will buy her brand anyways ^^

3. Repay us with good contents~

4. Wow this is a f*cking turn off...

5. Looks like she'll only be wearing real designer clothes now. It's ok as long as she doesn't wear fakes, fighting~~

6. How is she gonna apologize to Chanel?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. So she did a haul showcasing fakes??

8. This is sad and funny

9. She made a haul video showcasing fakes and it's seriously the complete opposite of her image so of course people would be disappointed... To be honest, if she admitted that they were dupes from the beginning, this wouldn't have happened

10. She wants to launch her own brand while doing a haul on fakesㅎㅎ seriously disappointing

[theqoo] FREEZIA SAYING THAT SHE WEARS MORE UNBRANDED STUFFS

image.png
    "(Reading a fan's comment) I want a 100,000 won unbranded clothing lookbook"

image.png
    "I feel like people who don't know me might misunderstand"

image.png
    "I think that they misunderstand thinking "Freezia only wears luxury items""

image.png
    "But I have more unbranded clothes than luxury clothes"

Starts at 3:50~

1. She's living on a monthly rent at Trimage

2. Wearing fakes isn't the issue but the issue is that she's filming a video wearing fakes and advertising it no?

3. Seriously, why is she pretending that her fakes are real?

4. She's not even a golden spoon and her luxury items are all fake but it became her YouTube brand. What is this?? She has so many fakes

5. She says that she wears more unbranded clothes but the issue is that her brand revolves around that golden spoon hot girl image and that's how she earned her money...

6. Wearing unbranded clothes is different than wearing fake luxury brands though??? She's pretending to be wearing luxury items and being a rich daughter on YouTube

7. We never said anything about her wearing unbranded clothes though? The issue is that she's wearing replicas

8. Unbranded clothes is way different than dupes though

9. People are now using this to shield her ㅋㅋㅋ what's up with your comprehension skills?

10. Unbranded =/= fakes... she has so many shields...

[naver] SONG JIA, THE CHANEL AND DIOR CLOTHES SHE WORE ON 'SINGLES INFERNO' ARE ALL 'FAKES'

image.png

image.png

The context was discussed here

image.png
    image.png

1. [+4,040, -887]
    She's always trying to give off that Jennie lookalike vibe but she's just a Hong Hyunhee lookalike

2. [+1,467, -24]
    Influencers are always selling fake Chanel or Hermes while using that money to go to department stores and flying business class to go on vacations. Seriously, don't buy into it you fools

3. [+1,338, -111]
    She has a pretty strong character to be going on broadcast wearing fakes. Is she really a golden spoon??

4. [+509, -60]
    I don't even care much about her but citing her YouTube content and writing articles about it is impressive of trash journalists

5. [+432, -16]
    Everyone knew that she was just a commoner who graduated from dance but she was behind a company ever since she started her YT and they are paying monthly rent at Trimage for her.. I'm shocked at how many things she's been hiding..

[theqoo] SINGLES INFERNO'S KIM HYUN JOONG WHO UNFOLLOWED FREEZIA ON INSTA TODAY

Freezia's ID is 'dear.zia'
    image.png
    He's still following the other contestants
    image.png

1. He's an idiot

2. Why unfollow her? I feel like it's not related to the controversy today but something else

3. Why must he do it at this time?;;

4. He can unfollow her if he wants, who cares?

5. Just let him do what he wants

6. It's not like she was following him back either

7. Ewㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why do I get secondhand embarrassment from both of them?

8. Why make a big deal out of an unfollow?ㅋㅋㅋ

9. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ this person is trying to make things obvious through his Insta

10. But why are people mad at him for unfollowing her?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Only if they knew how many fakes I am wearing lol

But was she advertising them ? Also lol

Nah, she wasn't advertising them, but if you watch the show, most of her stuff was like Chanel branded stuff. And now, people are saying they are fakes. Well, some of it is 100% fake, lol.

Some people are saying the companies can sue her or Netflix. They can definitely sue her, but I doubt they will. And I doubt Netflix cares lmao.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• first they hate on her because they think she's a spoiled golden spoon who only wears designer, and then they hate on her for being cheap and not wearing real designer... chose one! :cryingr:

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• Nah, she wasn't advertising them, but if you watch the show, most of her stuff was like Chanel branded stuff. And now, people are saying they are fakes. Well, some of it is 100% fake, lol.

Some people are saying the companies can sue her or Netflix. They can definitely sue her, but I doubt they will. And I doubt Netflix cares lmao.

Did she say those were brands? Or she was just wearing them? If she didn't say anything I don't understand why it's a problem to wear

• Did she say those were brands? Or she was just wearing them? If she didn't say anything I don't understand why it's a problem to wear

She doesn't have to say it's the brand. The Chanel logo is iconic. That's why companies have logos. Just think of the product placement in K-dramas. Most of the time, they don't necessarily have to say, "Oh, I am driving a BMW." for people to know they are driving a BMW and when you see every main character drives a BMW, it's pretty obvious it's being advertised.

I don't think her or her company thought that far ahead or intended to advertise anything but her as a celebrity, but I can understand why a company would be upset if someone was wearing their brand prominently on a show for it to then to turn out to be a fake. Companies spend a lot of time and money to build their brands, and of course, they'd be annoyed if people were inadvertently promoting fakes. Just like I am sure Freezia would be upset once she starts her brand if someone where to be shown on national television wearing her product a lot, and she found out they were fakes.

I don't think Chanel is going to be upset about it because this is just a reality show where someone just so happened to ignorantly wear knock-offs, but if this were an actual drama where the product shown was a knockoff, they would probably make the production company scrub the images. Technically, they could probably make Singles Inferno do the same thing due to copyright and their logo being improperly used, but I don't think Freezia or Single's Inferno is big enough for them to go through the trouble.

• Such a non-issue, people were already trying to get at her so they are now using this opportunity… nevertheless it’s better to not wear fake brands on television or create a haul with them. She could face legal actions and its really not worth it.

Him unfollowing her isn’t surprising to me, he already appeared to me quite dishonest and was probably only interested in her because of what she was assumably representing.

• Such a non-issue, people were already trying to get at her so they are now using this opportunity… nevertheless it’s better to not wear fake brands on television or create a haul with them. She could face legal actions and its really not worth it.

Him unfollowing her isn’t surprising to me, he already appeared to me quite dishonest and was probably only interested in her because of what she was assumably representing.

Don't assume too much. Besides she wasn't following him either before all of this. Also people often take social media too fucking seriously and people will unfollow etc just so they won't get called some ist Just because someone they haven't paid attention too recently got in some trouble. Also keep in mind these are regular people not fucking celebrities. They have to go back to their daily lives and day jobs another couple talked about how they just went to being friends because after they went home they had to return to sorting out their lives as all the time away filming meat their jobs wasn't being done and whatever else they have to take care. Their job isn't to fake relationships and entertain people like some idols may do.

• Don't assume too much. Besides she wasn't following him either before all of this. Also people often take social media too fucking seriously and people will unfollow etc just so they won't get called some ist Just because someone they haven't paid attention too recently got in some trouble. Also keep in mind these are regular people not fucking celebrities. They have to go back to their daily lives and day jobs another couple talked about how they just went to being friends because after they went home they had to return to sorting out their lives as all the time away filming meat their jobs wasn't being done and whatever else they have to take care. Their job isn't to fake relationships and entertain people like some idols may do.

Was the couple Soyeon and Jintaek!? :woow:

• I understand brands can sue her for this but still, why are knetz making it such a big deal to justify her getting hate for this?

Apparently, she was going on YouTube lying to people. She would do fashion "hauls" on her channel. Saying she spent thousands of dollars at the department stores, which was a lie because the majority of the items she passed off as authentic were fake. When fans would ask her what brand it was, she would lie.

Also, she was having "giveaways" with knock-offs as well and lying to fans saying they were real.

The more I read, the worse it is. Like, it is totally okay to wear replicas in your own life, but when you start lying and bamboozling people, that's crossing the line. Like, the companies could literally take her channel down at this point. I didn't even know it was this bad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!