Will rihanna get cancelled for this. Double standards of international community.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rihanna used hindu god ganesh's statue as aesthetic in her necklace and did nude top less photoshoot with it.

Few days ago users here were shouting on top of their throats that western artists get more hate and are held more accountable for ca in west compared to kpop artists but i don't see any apology coming from her. She didn't even bothered to delete her post. If any kpop idol did this then by now they would have issue apology, deleted pics, still the hate would be insane, everyone on sns would be demanding to cancel that idol.

When blackpink used ganesh statue as aesthetic in their mv they apologized and deleted the scene but still got insane hate while when rihanna did the same thing (even worse than bp tbh) and we see no apology, she didn't even bothered deleted that pic...

Edited once, last by kfan2021 ().

• No one actually gets cancelled over CA, unfortunately or fortunately. To be honest no one gets cancelled over anything as far as I can tell.

BP wasn't, and Rihanna won't be.

• No, she would not get canceled. Let's be honest here, only in KPOP, the smallest mistake gets insane hate. I'm not saying about hating for religion, as it is deserved. But for something like a nurse outfit?? Seriously, in other countries, no one gives a damn about it.

Besides, the racism in the western is high not just racist like -black-white, but also racism toward religion.

• No one actually gets cancelled over CA, unfortunately or fortunately. To be honest no one gets cancelled over anything as far as I can tell.

BP wasn't, and Rihanna won't be.

BP were forced to apologize and delete the scene while nothing in case of rihanna

• kfan2021

Changed the title of the thread from “Will rihanna get cancelled for this” to “Will rihanna get cancelled for this. Double standards of international community.”.
  • BP were forced to apologize and delete the scene while nothing in case of rihanna

They chose to apologize which is good, but with an apology or not, they would not have been cancelled.

Please tell me one group who got their career stopped after a CA scandal.

• They chose to apologize which is good, but with an apology or not, they would not have been cancelled.

Please tell me one group who got their career stopped after a CA scandal.

Career stoppage is not the point. The double standards of international community is the point. The difference in backlash is the point.

• Career stoppage is not the point. The double standards of international community is the point. The difference in backlash is the point.

Kpop idols also receive hate and have to apologize when they date or when they smoke weed. They get backlash for spitting on the ground or wearing a nurse outfit in their MV.

I'm not sure why you focus exclusively on CA, Kpop idols just receive hate for breathing in general. The CA is just an excuse to do so.

• You all clearly don't know what is going on in India and how many Indians and the govt are already pissed at Rihanna for interfering in political issues happening in India, she has been more than just been cancelled last month. And her doing this is just taking it one step further in becoming possibly the most hated western celeb in India.

Lmao so trust me what BP got is nothing. Just google Rihanna and India ffs. It was a huge political scandal and she has now gone and made it religious too. You will see what happens on Indian twitter by the end of the day, no one even knew about the BP thing except Kpop stan twitter. People are waking up to this new Rihanna fiasco and Indian twitter is gonna be a bloodbath.

The stupidity of this thread. Making everything about Kpop.

• Kpop idols also receive hate and have to apologize when they date or when they smoke weed. They get backlash for spitting on the ground or wearing a nurse outfit in their MV.

I'm not sure why you focus exclusively on CA, Kpop idols just receive hate for breathing in general. The CA is just an excuse to do so.

Smoking weed, dating & stuff are blacklash they mostly get from knetz. Knetz can't say the same to artists from other differences. But CA is international issue. Everyone should be called out.

• You all clearly don't know what is going on in India and how many Indians and the govt are already pissed at Rihanna for interfering in political issues happening in India, she has been more than just been cancelled last month. And her doing this is just taking it one step further in becoming possibly the most hated western celeb in India.

Lmao so trust me what BP got is nothing. Just google Rihanna and India ffs. It was a huge political scandal and she has now gone and made it religious too.

This is actually true. She received some pretty violent hate, even from autorities figures recently, since she openly supports the indian farmers. To be fair, unlike BP she did get openly political, so she probably knew what she was getting into.

Still, pretty brave move on her part.

Lmao so trust me what BP got is nothing. Just google Rihanna and India ffs. It was a huge political scandal and she has now gone and made it religious too. You will see what happens on Indian twitter by the end of the day, no one even knew about the BP thing except Kpop stan twitter. People are waking up to this new Rihanna fiasco and Indian twitter is gonna be a bloodbath.

Lol. It's her fault that she has interfered Indians politics. You know how RM hated by Chinese when he has said nothing about China in that speech. It is true that only kpop idols get so much blacklash in tiniest little things.

• Lol. It's her fault that she has interfered Indians politics. You know how RM hated by Chinese when he has said nothing about China in that speech. It is true that only kpop idols get so much blacklash in tiniest little things.

She hasn't gotten little backlash though, it has been huge before and there is going to be massive outrage for this too. Indians have always been very particular about religious symbols and many works and movies and otherwise including international fashion labels have faced ire at a huge scale for disrespecting Indian religions.

In fact seeing what has happened in India and continues to happen and how westerners or otherwise are called out for disrepecting the religion, the BP thing did not even blow up much outside stan twitter cause such things usually make it to Indian news and is all over Indian twitter.

I know about the reaction from indians, majority of indian population are hindu so obviously she will get hate from indians but im talking about rest of the international community. Rest of international community instead of holding rihanna accountable are instead mocking hindus.

• Rihanna is cancelled in India tho. This will just add fuel to the fire. The bp thing was honestly not a big deal and I say this as a hindu. The song was breaking records at that time. And many other stupid kpop fandoms weren't having it, especially when bp was dismissed as a done cause pre-HYLT.

In India the ganesha idols are placed at any random place. On footpath where people walk. Under trees,On table, etc. The idol is gifted to family /friends to keep as showcase in their homes, also seen as a good luck charm for starting anything new.

The spiritual person in me believes that 2020 was so good to them because they had ganesha'a blessing in the beginning of their era lol.

• I know about the reaction from indians, most indians are hindu so obviously she will get hate from indians but im talking about rest of the international community. Rest of international community instead of holding rihanna accountable are instead mocking hindus.

How is this related to what happened with BP though? That never reached the international community, even then it was Hindus who objected and even now it is Hindus objecting. I don't see how international community enters Kpop drama? Support for Rihanna is coming cause of politico religious strain and divide in India and those Indians on the other side of that spectrum will support her. This is not really the analogy you should be using for Kpop related CA or religious offensive cases.

Rihanna is getting massive hate and her business interests in India have also come under the scanner by the govt. This is a huge political scandal and she made it religious too.

• How is this related to what happened with BP though? That never reached the international community, even then it was Hindus who objected and even now it is Hindus objecting. I don't see how international community enters Kpop drama?

International kpop fans who were not hindu were still hating and attacking bp for using Ganesh statue as aesthetic but now in case of rihanna they are silent.

• International kpop fans who were not hindu were still hating and attacking bp for using Ganesh statue as aesthetic but now in case of rihanna they are silent.

What makes you think most international Kpop fans even know about the Rihanna India situation. This isn't a Kpop case just btw. Kpop stan twitter is not the whole of international community. I am an Indian and even I found out about this necklace from this thread here. How do you expect other non Indian Kpop fans to know when even an Indian Kpop fan like me was unaware?

• I remember some group of haters from India wanted to spread the BP CA to a known extremist group trying to spread the hatred which potentially could endanger BP lives.

That's how absurd CA matter in Kpop is turning into. It's not just a matter of educating or trying to spread the greater good anymore. It's literally becoming a tool to spread hate and possibly ending someone's career or god forbid, life.

• I remember some group of haters from India wanted to spread the BP CA to a known extremist group trying to spread the hatred which potentially could endanger BP lives.

That's how absurd CA matter in Kpop is turning into. It's not just a matter of educating or trying to spread the greater good anymore. It's literally becoming a tool to spread hate and possibly ending someone's career or god forbid, life.

Honestly it was so funny to see that. Hindu extremist are not crazy ass people who will just kill someone because they used one of the deity statues. It was even funnier seeing blinks get nervous because of this. kpop fans are so out of touch and distant from reality, it's hilarious.

• Honestly it was so funny to see that. Hindu extremist are not crazy ass people who will just kill someone because they used one of the deity statues. It was even funnier seeing blinks get nervous because of this. kpop fans are so out of touch and distant from reality, it's hilarious.

it's still a threat to their lives. So we should take threat lightly now?

Cannot see the hilarity in this when they basically get rape threats and death threats over this issue

That's how absurd CA has become

Edit: or perhaps they do take rape and death threats lightly in India which is even more horrifying

• What makes you think most international Kpop fans even know about the Rihanna India situation. This isn't a Kpop case just btw. Kpop stan twitter is not the whole of international community. I am an Indian and even I found out about this necklace from this thread here. How do you expect other non Indian Kpop fans to know when even an Indian Kpop fan like me was unaware?

My point is few days ago users here on this forum claimed that western artist get more backlash and hate in Western music industry for ca than what kpop idols get in kpop industry for ca,which is false. Nobody in west is caring about what Rihanna did.

Read the first post.

• it's still a threat to their lives. So we should take threat lightly now?

Cannot see the hilarity in this when they basically get rape threats and death threats over this issue

That's how absurd CA has become

Rape threats and death threats by who? 12 year olds on Twitter?

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!