Coachella rejected BTS & Blackpink. Sent invitation to Epik High instead.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Why would they invite Epik High? They are nugu.

• I'm confused. Coachella is a big music event and probably wants the extra attention. Why would they invite a lesser-known group and reject the popular groups? This logic confuses me. More people would want to see a more popular group, which would lead to them selling more tickets and making more of a profit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Epik High will get the exposure they deserve, but Coachella choosing them makes little to no sense to me. If they wanted to invite Epik High, they could still invite other K-Pop groups too. It's not like there's some rule saying they can only have one each year, right? What about inviting BTS/BLACKPINK and Epik High? Did that thought ever occur to them? Who knows. A part of me wants to blame it on them just not wanting to invite a group twice, but if that was the case, it still wouldn't explain rejecting BTS. That's just my opinion though. Have a great day/night!

• why is coachella considered to be a big event? Artists get paid a lot to perform there?

It’s considered the biggest music festival in America. Alot of celebrities and “influencers” attend to show off their outfits. Ticket prices are insane though so these days it has been more of a platform for social media influencers to promote products and such.

Music wise I personally haven’t been interested in it since 2018 when Beyonce was the highlight a.k.a Beychella.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• I'm confused. Coachella is a big music event and probably wants the extra attention. Why would they invite a lesser-known group and reject the popular groups? This logic confuses me. More people would want to see a more popular group, which would lead to them selling more tickets and making more of a profit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Epik High will get the exposure they deserve, but Coachella choosing them makes little to no sense to me. If they wanted to invite Epik High, they could still invite other K-Pop groups too. It's not like there's some rule saying they can only have one each year, right? What about inviting BTS/BLACKPINK and Epik High? Did that thought ever occur to them? Who knows. A part of me wants to blame it on them just not wanting to invite a group twice, but if that was the case, it still wouldn't explain rejecting BTS. That's just my opinion though. Have a great day/night!

Not sure why people are saying Coachella rejected BTS. It was never confirmed that they were part of the lineup and was just a rumor….

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• Oh, okay. My bad for making assumptions then. Huh. Still doesn't explain them inviting at least one more popular K-Pop group, unless they want to keep it a surprise for some illogical reason. Have a great day/night!

The op title is the one who insinuates that for whatever reason Coachella rejected BTS. Like as if BTS asked to be part of it and then were rejected. lol.

Also they usually only have one BIG headliner like Beyonce one year. It seems they used up their funds this year for Kanye, Billie, and Harry Styles. I wouldn’t consider Billie Eilish’ music as music festival-ish so weird that she’s one of the main headliners.

• The op title is the one who insinuates that for whatever reason Coachella rejected BTS. Like as if BTS asked to be part of it and then were rejected. lol.

Also they usually only have one BIG headliner like Beyonce one year. It seems they used up their funds this year for Kanye, Billie, and Harry Styles. I wouldn’t consider Billie Eilish’ music as music festival-ish so weird that she’s one of the main headliners.

Thanks for clarifying. I was under the assumption that every single one of their performances was supposed to be big, not just a few headliners, but it does make sense. Drag people there with the big headliners and get them to stay to discover the smaller acts. I don't closely follow Coachella and only know some very basic facts about it, so I actually learned a lot from this. Thank you! Have a great day/night!

• Thanks for clarifying. I was under the assumption that every single one of their performances was supposed to be big, not just a few headliners, but it does make sense. Drag people there with the big headliners and get them to stay to discover the smaller acts. I don't closely follow Coachella and only know some very basic facts about it, so I actually learned a lot from this. Thank you! Have a great day/night!

Nope. The smaller the name of the artist is on the list, the smaller their stage is usually. The biggest stages in open fields are reserved for main headliners.

1642051090-0113-2022.jpg

Some of the stages can be as little as a make shift cafe/bar in a small tent. Also, some acts perform at the same time so festival goers usually pick and choose which act they want to see. The big headliners usually have their own time slots.

• Okay not related to op but genuine question: Is coahella really big in America? Like, I know people say it's the biggest music festival of the year but I honestly haven't heard of it until beyonce performed. And then again with bp. I know I live more in the south but I genuinely haven't heard much about it and didn't even know it was a thing till beyonce.

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

• Okay not related to op but genuine question: Is coahella really big in America? Like, I know people say it's the biggest music festival of the year but I honestly haven't heard of it until beyonce performed. And then again with bp. I know I live more in the south but I genuinely haven't heard much about it and didn't even know it was a thing till beyonce.

yes it is

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

Honestly it use to be just like any other music festival. It started out as a pretentious music festival highlighting cool bands and indie acts. But then they started inviting more mainstream acts and upped ticket prices to gain more profit as years went by. Then with the rise of social media platforms it basically turned into an annual event for social media influencers to show off their cool outfits. Many rich celebs/influencers don’t even watch the actual acts and just attend Coachella for photo opportunities.

As someone from America, I can confirm it is huge and a huge deal. There's so much money, music and celebrities involved every year.

• As someone from America, I can confirm it is huge and a huge deal. There's so much money, music and celebrities involved every year.

Considering this, I wouldn’t want BTS to perform there unless they got the main stage and was a headliner for two days. Basically Beychella 2.0-esque.

Can you imagine BTS being invited and they gave them a small ass tent to perform in. No thank you! I’ve attended Coachella once and some of the venues/stages are so small that it’s awkward to watch a performer trying to get an audience of 100 people hyped up and party.

• the article literally just states that epik high is the first korean artist to get 3 invites to coachella...where does it say bp and bts were rejected?

Edited once, last by ultraaviolet ().

• the article literally just states that epik high is the first korean artist to get 3 invites to cochella...where does it say bp and but were rejected?

Exactly. They can't be rejected if they didn't apply.

YG wouldn't let Blackpink out of the dungeon for anything lately.

And BTS is too big for Coachella. Why perform at a strange US festival when you can sell out stadiums?

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Exactly. They can't be rejected if they didn't apply.

YG wouldn't let Blackpink out of the dungeon for anything lately.

And BTS is too big for Coachella. Why perform at a strange US festival when you can sell out stadiums?

I remember when Beyonce headlined 2018. Felt bad for the other artists because the entire festival revolves around her act, hence why people called it Beychella. Despite The Weeknd and Eminem being there. If BTS attended most of the festival goers would be Army and probably won’t attend other acts.

• Nobody seems to realize this...

To be fair op seems to have intentionally worded the title of this thread and its content to imply epik high is some nugu that beat out bp and bts for coachella

Not alot of ppl end of clicking the article so they end up not knowing.

I was pretty confused till I clicked the actual article

• To be fair op iseems to have intentionally worded the title of this thread and its content to imply epik high is some nugu that neat out bp and bts for coachella

Not alot of ppl end of clicking the article so they end up not knowing.

It's honestly really sad... both that OP is obviously just using them an that no one seems to realize who they are or that they've played Coachella multiple times and they're not nugu!

• Considering this, I wouldn’t want BTS to perform there unless they got the main stage and was a headliner for two days. Basically Beychella 2.0-esque.

Can you imagine BTS being invited and they gave them a small ass tent to perform in. No thank you! I’ve attended Coachella once and some of the venues/stages are so small that it’s awkward to watch a performer trying to get an audience of 100 people hyped up and party.

Yeah, I wouldn't want them to perform there unless they were treated like the headliners they are. I really hope they don't make Epik High perform under a tiny tent. I used to think all of the acts performed on the big stage once at a time and the tents were just food vendors, but I now see I was wrong. Have a great day/night!

• I remember when Beyonce headlined 2018. Felt bad for the other artists because the entire festival revolves around her act, hence why people called it Beychella. Despite The Weeknd and Eminem being there. If BTS attended most of the festival goers would be Army and probably won’t attend other acts.

And that'd be the only way it'd be remotely worth it for BTS. They'd have to be the headline act for both days, and then it's still questionable.

Though watching BTShella wreck the industry would be kinda fun.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• And that'd be the only way it'd be remotely worth it for BTS. They'd have to be the headline act for both days, and then it's still questionable.

Though watching BTShella wreck the industry would be kinda fun.

Coachella prices start off ar $400+ and can go over $1000. So if you’re there for BTS it’ll be worth it just to go to a regular concert…. lol. Not like with those prices you get guaranteed good spots at the stages.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the third time epic high has been invited. In fact they got invited BEFORE blackpink did. They performed in 2016, left YG in 2018, got invited again in 2020 and now in 2021.

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!